Found an island and now my sim can't go in taxis.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Found an island and now my sim can't go in taxis.

Post by yaypepsi on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 03:27

My sim found an undiscovered island today. Now my sim cannot go anywhere via taxi, I don't know if the two events are linked but it seems like they are. He's a merman and he lives in a houseboat, this info may or may not be relevant. He'll either A) get into a water taxi, and the taxi won't go anywhere. B) Shrug, and the action to go somewhere will disappear. C) Try to swim there. I have three other sims who live in the houseboat with him. One is another merman, and sometimes he also can't ride in taxis, but most of the time it works for him. He's never gotten the glitch where he just sits in the taxi without going anywhere, but he has gotten B and C. The other two which are regular human sims seem to be able to get around just fine. 

This glitch is driving me nuts. I can't send him off to far places anymore because he'll either attempt to get there by swimming, taking up the whole day, or he just won't go. It's so problematic. 

This also may or may not be relevant, but I've reset his location a couple of times (because he was too far from home and would attempt to swim back) but sometimes when I reset him, he goes to the island he found or to their resort instead of back to their house.

yaypepsi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Found an island and now my sim can't go in taxis.

Post by Kazilla on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 07:35

Hi,
I'm not sure about the taxis but I do know that mermaids prefer to swim places instead of boating there (EA said those words).

Kazilla
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 09:55

yaypepsi wrote:My sim found an undiscovered island today. Now my sim cannot go anywhere via taxi, I don't know if the two events are linked but it seems like they are. He's a merman and he lives in a houseboat, this info may or may not be relevant. He'll either A) get into a water taxi, and the taxi won't go anywhere. B) Shrug, and the action to go somewhere will disappear. C) Try to swim there. I have three other sims who live in the houseboat with him. One is another merman, and sometimes he also can't ride in taxis, but most of the time it works for him. He's never gotten the glitch where he just sits in the taxi without going anywhere, but he has gotten B and C. The other two which are regular human sims seem to be able to get around just fine. 

This glitch is driving me nuts. I can't send him off to far places anymore because he'll either attempt to get there by swimming, taking up the whole day, or he just won't go. It's so problematic. 

This also may or may not be relevant, but I've reset his location a couple of times (because he was too far from home and would attempt to swim back) but sometimes when I reset him, he goes to the island he found or to their resort instead of back to their house.

Hello there,

"Isla Paradiso" seems to have lots of "routing" problems, which means that your sims or the others in the world can easily get "stuck" when trying to move around the neighbourhood.

Have you already tried the "teleportation" cheat ?

Type Ctrl + Shift + C to open up the cheat console. Now type testingcheatsenabled true and hit enter. Now back in the game, if you hold Shift and click at the same time, you'll see an option reading like "Teleport here" or something similar. So choose your location you want to teleport to, hold Shift and click, then teleport - see if that helps.

You can also exit the game and then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package

-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Then re-enter the game and see if anything changed. Try both things I suggested, but I am afraid this is just another bug of "Island Paradise" for which there is no "direct" solution.  No

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yaypepsi on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 15:24

Thanks for the response! I'll give the teleportation thing a try, it seems like it would help.

yaypepsi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum