Sim Family gone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim Family gone?

Post by Layloria on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 22:18

I have played with them for ages and they just went to China again. So few days later I sent them to France. Except they never actually arrived. I just got the town with the Live View open with no sims on the panel or selected or in sight.
Then on Town View I can't select any building.
I go on Edit Town and all the buildings options appear as usual. So I then go back and still no sims. I can't select anything to fix them. All what happens after Edit Town is I have to choose a house to rent with text similar to the university. The rent is 0 which is odd and they never appear in their rented "house".
I go back to my original town which is the Island Paradise town. Their house is gone except you see 2 hay bales for the horses and the change of grass color. You can't select the house with no options.
I have CC and NRAAS mod but I have had these before any problems occurred.

I renamed my SIms 3 folder to .old and made a new one with some of the downloads and sims saved and stuff but still they are gone. They own so much and are my only family. Sad

Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series
Female Posts : 392

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sim Family gone?

Post by Kazilla on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 23:20

Hi,
The updated nraas traveler mod has been known to give problems when traveling abroad. Back track and remove the mods folder and see if the problem is fixed.

Kazilla
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 23:35

Thanks, looks like I have it. I have removed it and I am loading the game again. I will update. For now, It looks good Smile Thank you!!

EDIT://

However removing the mod I have the same problem
I removed it from both the program files and documents

Last edited by Layloria on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 00:05; edited 1 time in total

Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 20:59

@Layloria wrote:Thanks, looks like I have it. I have removed it and I am loading the game again. I will update. For now, It looks good Smile Thank you!!

EDIT://

However removing the mod I have the same problem
I removed it from both the program files and documents

First of all, please, do not bump the topic; we "Sims Helpers" can't be here all the time Wink 

Back to your problem: it looks like when the "University" expansion came out, the in-game travelling system was...well, "damaged", to put it nicely. There is the theory that the Sims you want to travel with all have to have a good relationship with one another, but I can't confirm that; I've sent two sims (who were best friends with each other) and it still didn't work.

There's not much I can tell you about that I'm afraid, but try this: re-download the "NRAAS Traveler" mod, maybe it was updated recently. Also, download and  install "NRAAS Overwatch" and "NRAAS ErrorTrap". Then try travelling again to China, France or Egypt.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14062

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 21:09

Thanks it's just I edited the results and it went from the list and it was to save making a new post about it. Sorry.
I will try that.
Thank you.

Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum