Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Rubitz22 on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 02:51

I downloaded the Sims 3 Generations, and I could install it the first time, but after the installation my game had lot of troubles, for example, it kept saying: Your game found ScriptErrors... (I can't remember exactly, but the error was sent to my Electronic Arts folder).

After that, I don't rember what I did but I fixed that. Sadly, the game started to close automatically, I mean, I just played like 5 minutes and then a window appeared saying: "Your sims 3 game has stopped working".

So, I unistalled everything. After installing every expansion one by one, including the base game, when I tried to install Generations I could't because when it was installing, a message said: "Insert cd 1 with the file GameData/content_version.txt".

I don't know where I can find that file, I would aprecciate your help, thanks.
Also, would you tell me a way to stop the problem of my game being closed, just if it happens again? Thanks again.b


Last edited by Rubitz22 on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 04:44; edited 1 time in total

Rubitz22
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 2260
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by krishnanunnimr on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 04:36

@Rubitz22 wrote:I downloaded the Sims 3 Generations, and I could install it the first time, but after the installation my game had lot of troubles, for example, it keep saying: Your game found ScriptErrors... (I can't remember exactly, but the error was driven to my Electronic Arts folder).

After that, I don't rember what I did but I fixed that. Sadly, the game started to close automatically, I mean, I just played like 5 minutes and then a window appeared saying: "Your sims 3 game has stopped working".

So, I unistalled everything. After installing every expansion one by one, including the base game, when I tried to install Generations I could't because when it was installing, a message said: "Insert cd 1 with the file GameData/content_version.txt".

I don't know where I can find that file, I would aprecciate your help, thanks.
Also, would you tell me a way to stop the problem of my game being closed, just if it happens again? Thanks again.b

"Your Sims 3 has stopped working"

The thing you need to do is , try to add TS3EP04.exe & Sims3Launcher.exe from The Sims 3 Generations\Game\Bin to the exclusion list of DEP (Data Execution Prevention) of your system. After adding that 2 files to exclusions you need to restart system and then try to play.

Please note that I have turn offed DEP on my system so I no need to add anything to exclusions!

PLEASE CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE TO KNOW HOW TO TURN OFF DEP

"Script Error"

Please do a search on Google search engine "How to Disable Script Debugging in Internet Explorer"
Then please try to run the game by bypassing the launcher by double clicking file TS3EP04.exe from The Sims 3 Generations\Game\Bin\

But I m sorry about "Insert cd 1 with the file GameData/content_version.txt" error. I don't know how it to be resolved. Wait for Admin!

avatar
krishnanunnimr
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Call of Duty Series, Crysis Series, The Sims 3 Series, Operation Flashpoint : Red River, L.A Noire
Male Posts : 27
Points : 2302
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-06-18
Age : 25
Location : God's Own Country

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Rubitz22 on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 04:56

Thank you so much! Smile

Okay, I'll wait

Rubitz22
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 2260
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:03

@Rubitz22 wrote:Thank you so much! Smile

Okay, I'll wait
Hello,

Here's the DEP thing: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-8-06-2011

And your other problem should be solved as following:

Open the .rar file you downloaded (The Fix) using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026349
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Rubitz22 on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 00:14

Admin wrote:
Here's the DEP thing: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-8-06-2011

And your other problem should be solved as following:

Open the .rar file you downloaded (The Fix) using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck

Excuse me, if my game is unstalled do I have to follow the second instruction first? and what's the fix?
Also, I would like to know, when I'm doing the DEP thing and I have to add the sims 3 expansion, stuff packs and all that, which file exactly do I have to add?

Sorry for being bothering :S

Rubitz22
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 2260
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 20:00

Hello,

You have to do the second step first with the game you downloaded and thén the same with the Fix. When I talk about the Fix, I refer to the Ultimate Fix here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Yes, add áll the possible Sims 3 .exe files (so also the expansions) to the DEP's exceptions

Please let me know if you have any more problems!

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026349
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Rubitz22 on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 23:20

Admin wrote:Hello,

You have to do the second step first with the game you downloaded and thén the same with the Fix. When I talk about the Fix, I refer to the Ultimate Fix here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Yes, add áll the possible Sims 3 .exe files (so also the expansions) to the DEP's exceptions

Please let me know if you have any more problems!

Everything's almost perfect, just that my game asks me the GameData/content_version.txt file and I'm losing my mind!
Putting the Fix on the desktop is to solve that issue? Because I'm literally dying, and I did put it in a file on my desktop but the installation guide is for after my game is installed, and the problem is that I can't installe it because the game is asking me for that file.

Thank you so much for taking your time and answer me, I really appreciate that Smile

Rubitz22
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 2260
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:56

@Rubitz22 wrote:
Admin wrote:Hello,

You have to do the second step first with the game you downloaded and thén the same with the Fix. When I talk about the Fix, I refer to the Ultimate Fix here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Yes, add áll the possible Sims 3 .exe files (so also the expansions) to the DEP's exceptions

Please let me know if you have any more problems!

Everything's almost perfect, just that my game asks me the GameData/content_version.txt file and I'm losing my mind!
Putting the Fix on the desktop is to solve that issue? Because I'm literally dying, and I did put it in a file on my desktop but the installation guide is for after my game is installed, and the problem is that I can't installe it because the game is asking me for that file.

Thank you so much for taking your time and answer me, I really appreciate that Smile
Hello,

You're welcome. Don't worry, we'll get your game to work.
Please do this with the .rar file you downloaded:

Open the .rar file you downloaded (The game) using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026349
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Rubitz22 on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 22:48

Admin wrote:
@Rubitz22 wrote:
Admin wrote:Hello,

You have to do the second step first with the game you downloaded and thén the same with the Fix. When I talk about the Fix, I refer to the Ultimate Fix here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Yes, add áll the possible Sims 3 .exe files (so also the expansions) to the DEP's exceptions

Please let me know if you have any more problems!

Everything's almost perfect, just that my game asks me the GameData/content_version.txt file and I'm losing my mind!
Putting the Fix on the desktop is to solve that issue? Because I'm literally dying, and I did put it in a file on my desktop but the installation guide is for after my game is installed, and the problem is that I can't installe it because the game is asking me for that file.

Thank you so much for taking your time and answer me, I really appreciate that Smile
Hello,

You're welcome. Don't worry, we'll get your game to work.
Please do this with the .rar file you downloaded:

Open the .rar file you downloaded (The game) using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!

Thank you Smile I dowloaded it again but if my problem happens again I'll use this, thank you so much!

Rubitz22
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 2260
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 23:35

Hello,

You're welcome. Please let me know the result!

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026349
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Rubitz22 on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 23:51

OMG I'm a total mess!
I installed it, and also I did the DEP thing and my game is still getting closed I is confused

Maybe this hasn't a fix Sad

Rubitz22
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 2260
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 23:56


_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026349
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Rubitz22 on Mon 27 Jun 2011, 03:48

I solved it, thank you so much!

The problem were the programs running in the background!

Thank you again for all the attention Smile

Rubitz22
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 2260
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Generations: GameData/content_version.txt file? Please HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Mon 27 Jun 2011, 13:11

Hello,

Great! Glad it works now.
Enjoy playing the game and please let me know if you have any more problems!

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026349
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum