"Select a volume where the The Sims3.app is already installed" when trying to install expansions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Select a volume where the The Sims3.app is already installed" when trying to install expansions.

Post by BubbaB11 on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 20:25

I swear I have followed the mac installation guide EXACTLY. I have done everything right. My "The Sims3.app" is in my Applications folder. I can also run and play the game so I know I installed the base game correctly. I decided to install the University Life expansion . I followed the installation guide for Mac 100% correctly and have even tried reinstalling the game. I then go to select the destination folder (Applications folder) and push "Select", but then "Select a volume where The Sims3.app is already installed." I have tried everything. I know this exact same post has been posted many times, but none of the other ones have worked for me.

Thanks in advanced.

-BubbbaB11

BubbaB11
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Select a volume where the The Sims3.app is already installed" when trying to install expansions.

Post by Menial on Thu 01 Aug 2013, 22:16

Try to install the expansion pack in a folder containing the base game. It worked for me.

Menial
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Select a volume where the The Sims3.app is already installed" when trying to install expansions.

Post by VanessaChilliams2 on Thu 01 Aug 2013, 23:06

@Menial wrote:Try to install the expansion pack in a folder containing the base game. It worked for me.
please elaborate. so should i just create a folder to contain the base game, or put the base game somewhere other than applications?

VanessaChilliams2
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand theft auto series/saint's row/sims
Female Posts : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Fri 02 Aug 2013, 22:53

Hello,

Yeah, it's an another way of doing it; creating a new folder named The Sims 3 and putting it in Applications then installing every game in it.

But also you can install the game directly into Applications by choosing the Macintosh HD/Applications when it says where you want to install the game.

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum