Science Skill animation effects not working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Science Skill animation effects not working.

Post by Aceflame16 on Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:50

After playing around a bit with the science skill objects, I've come to find that the Large Group project is missing its laser beam and colors, and that "Analyzing" objects doesn't show the laser/scan effects either.

The only mod I have installed is Overwatch. Everything else comes from G4TW. I already tried updating the store fixes and everything else.

I checked the official forums and someone said that this is caused by Island Paradise?
That would make sense, given that all the special effects were fine over a month ago. Is there any temporary fix for this before EA fixes it?

Aceflame16
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Science Skill animation effects not working.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 31 Jul 2013, 22:01

Aceflame16 wrote:After playing around a bit with the science skill objects, I've come to find that the Large Group project is missing its laser beam and colors, and that "Analyzing" objects doesn't show the laser/scan effects either.

The only mod I have installed is Overwatch. Everything else comes from G4TW. I already tried updating the store fixes and everything else.

I checked the official forums and someone said that this is caused by Island Paradise?
That would make sense, given that all the special effects were fine over a month ago. Is there any temporary fix for this before EA fixes it?

Hello,

When did you download "Overwatch" ? Maybe there is a newer version of it, which was just recently released.

Also, have you tried removing that mod ? In my game, Overwatch (and ErrorTrap) are more of a burden than helpful tools, so I'm thinking of removing them again.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14431

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceflame16 on Wed 31 Jul 2013, 22:26

Carlos G. wrote:[b style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]Hello,[/b]
When did you download "Overwatch" ? Maybe there is a newer version of it, which was just recently released.

Also, have you tried removing that mod ? In my game, Overwatch (and ErrorTrap) are more of a burden than helpful tools, so I'm thinking of removing them again.

I just tried it without Overwatch, and with the most recent version of Overwatch. Nothing changed.

Aceflame16
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 01 Aug 2013, 16:51

Aceflame16 wrote:I just tried it without Overwatch, and with the most recent version of Overwatch. Nothing changed.

In that case, it might be indeed a (minor) bug, which is due to the current patch, version 1.55. Wat.  It might not look spectacular if you don't have these visual effects anymore, but, in my opinion at least, you can still perform these experiments - if you want to view that as something positive.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14431

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum