Lack of help. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lack of help. [CLOSED]

Post by missylenoir on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 06:40

Didn't think I would find myself here. Posting a complaint. Not sure who will read it & reply or maybe just over look it like how many things are on this website. I do want to say I do appreciate this website & the people who contribute to it. I believe you guys have helped hundreds and more. But I do feel the need to express my concern on the lack of helpers there are. Especially for Mac. Seeing as though I have a Mac computer. When I decided not to buy all of TS3 games which I actually intended on doing, I searched the internet for weeks and countless hours trying to find a great source for downloading these games and getting help. I dont know how I came across G4TW but it was an awesome discovery. Seeing all the posts and all the people that were members gave me hope on what I had been looking for. But after coming across one problem in which one person responded - and once I replied I never got a response back from ANYONE. My post has over 200 views I'm sure by now. And as day went by more & more posts were being answered while mine sat there. At least someone could've given me the courtesy of telling me they didn't know how to fix it instead of leaving me waiting. I literally waited for at least a week and half. Coming back to the website multiple times in a day to see if someone, anyone, responded. The crazy thing about it is - I researched it myself for at least a week on my problem before I even came to this website even after being a member. I wanted to exhaust all other possibilities before posting here b/c I can only imagine how swamped this website gets with such little help. I even considered being a helper myself. Since there seems to be such a scarce amount of Mac helpers and I'm pretty computer savy. Ultimately, I must say that I was highly disappointed. It even got to the point where I commented on another topic just to get someone to see or recognize me. I just felt like I needed to let someone know. I'm sure this is a problem of many people. But I definitely suggest that if you don't understand how to fix a persons problem - please do not let their post just sit there. Say something. Because I'm sure people like I once was, faithfully get on here every day.

Thanks anyway.
missylenoir
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 3 - TS3 Univ. TS3 Generations TS3 Pets TS3 Seasons
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lack of help. [CLOSED]

Post by Shamrock on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:34

Hello!
Ok, I will answer your complaints as good as I possibly can...

missylenoir wrote:Didn't think I would find myself here. Posting a complaint. Not sure who will read it & reply or maybe just over look it like how many things are on this website.
About this, we are all volunteers here, and this means we have a life, a job and other personal things outside of this forum. So sometimes (and indeed, it isn't as it should be) some topics get forgotten. We try our best for it not to happen, but it still does. On behalf of all the forum team, I present you our deepest apologies.

missylenoir wrote:I do want to say I do appreciate this website & the people who contribute to it. I believe you guys have helped hundreds and more. But I do feel the need to express my concern on the lack of helpers there are. Especially for Mac.
Thank you for your support. It does mean a lot to us. Even though we chose to do this, a lot of people choose not to tell us when their problem is solved, and we are also left wondering what is going on on their side sometimes (see, it works both ways Wink  oh, and I'm not saying this is your case at all, honestly I don't know).
It is true that we have few Helpers, mainly because very few people are willing and able to help. And especially for Mac, since most of us are on PC and don't know a thing about Mac...

missylenoir wrote: Seeing as though I have a Mac computer. When I decided not to buy all of TS3 games which I actually intended on doing, I searched the internet for weeks and countless hours trying to find a great source for downloading these games and getting help. I dont know how I came across G4TW but it was an awesome discovery. Seeing all the posts and all the people that were members gave me hope on what I had been looking for. But after coming across one problem in which one person responded - and once I replied I never got a response back from ANYONE. My post has over 200 views I'm sure by now. And as day went by more & more posts were being answered while mine sat there. At least someone could've given me the courtesy of telling me they didn't know how to fix it instead of leaving me waiting. I literally waited for at least a week and half. Coming back to the website multiple times in a day to see if someone, anyone, responded. The crazy thing about it is - I researched it myself for at least a week on my problem before I even came to this website even after being a member. I wanted to exhaust all other possibilities before posting here b/c I can only imagine how swamped this website gets with such little help. I even considered being a helper myself. Since there seems to be such a scarce amount of Mac helpers and I'm pretty computer savy. Ultimately, I must say that I was highly disappointed. It even got to the point where I commented on another topic just to get someone to see or recognize me. I just felt like I needed to let someone know. I'm sure this is a problem of many people. But I definitely suggest that if you don't understand how to fix a persons problem - please do not let their post just sit there. Say something. Because I'm sure people like I once was, faithfully get on here every day.

Thanks anyway.
Thank you for this return, it is also true we don't necessarily know what people do.
We have tried getting help for Phoebe (our main Mac Helper), but most of them were not as active as we would have expected. If you are willing to, we will talk to Admin about this and you might get your chance. But for this, we need to see that you are indeed willing to help: most helpers help a lot as Member before being accepted as a Sim Helper...
There, I hope your complaints are answered, and now that I am a Moderator, I will try my hardest so that fewer people are let down like you were.
Once again, you have our (at least mine) deepest apologies.
Hope to see you on the forum (still).

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:36

missylenoir wrote:Didn't think I would find myself here. Posting a complaint. Not sure who will read it & reply or maybe just over look it like how many things are on this website. I do want to say I do appreciate this website & the people who contribute to it. I believe you guys have helped hundreds and more. But I do feel the need to express my concern on the lack of helpers there are. Especially for Mac. Seeing as though I have a Mac computer. When I decided not to buy all of TS3 games which I actually intended on doing, I searched the internet for weeks and countless hours trying to find a great source for downloading these games and getting help. I dont know how I came across G4TW but it was an awesome discovery. Seeing all the posts and all the people that were members gave me hope on what I had been looking for. But after coming across one problem in which one person responded - and once I replied I never got a response back from ANYONE. My post has over 200 views I'm sure by now. And as day went by more & more posts were being answered while mine sat there. At least someone could've given me the courtesy of telling me they didn't know how to fix it instead of leaving me waiting. I literally waited for at least a week and half. Coming back to the website multiple times in a day to see if someone, anyone, responded. The crazy thing about it is - I researched it myself for at least a week on my problem before I even came to this website even after being a member. I wanted to exhaust all other possibilities before posting here b/c I can only imagine how swamped this website gets with such little help. I even considered being a helper myself. Since there seems to be such a scarce amount of Mac helpers and I'm pretty computer savy. Ultimately, I must say that I was highly disappointed. It even got to the point where I commented on another topic just to get someone to see or recognize me. I just felt like I needed to let someone know. I'm sure this is a problem of many people. But I definitely suggest that if you don't understand how to fix a persons problem - please do not let their post just sit there. Say something. Because I'm sure people like I once was, faithfully get on here every day.

Thanks anyway.

Hello,

If you know how severe Phoebe's problem is (you can find her sticky post here), you won't even complain about the absence of helpers in Mac section. If you can solve Phoebe's problem at first hand (solving her problem also means solving a lot of problems encountered by other mac users who posted their problems in G4TW Mac section),  you may be promoted to a helper instantly. Don't ever think that Phoebe's job is easy.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 15:56

missylenoir wrote:Didn't think I would find myself here. Posting a complaint. Not sure who will read it & reply or maybe just over look it like how many things are on this website. I do want to say I do appreciate this website & the people who contribute to it. I believe you guys have helped hundreds and more. But I do feel the need to express my concern on the lack of helpers there are. Especially for Mac. Seeing as though I have a Mac computer. When I decided not to buy all of TS3 games which I actually intended on doing, I searched the internet for weeks and countless hours trying to find a great source for downloading these games and getting help. I dont know how I came across G4TW but it was an awesome discovery. Seeing all the posts and all the people that were members gave me hope on what I had been looking for. But after coming across one problem in which one person responded - and once I replied I never got a response back from ANYONE. My post has over 200 views I'm sure by now. And as day went by more & more posts were being answered while mine sat there. At least someone could've given me the courtesy of telling me they didn't know how to fix it instead of leaving me waiting. I literally waited for at least a week and half. Coming back to the website multiple times in a day to see if someone, anyone, responded. The crazy thing about it is - I researched it myself for at least a week on my problem before I even came to this website even after being a member. I wanted to exhaust all other possibilities before posting here b/c I can only imagine how swamped this website gets with such little help. I even considered being a helper myself. Since there seems to be such a scarce amount of Mac helpers and I'm pretty computer savy. Ultimately, I must say that I was highly disappointed. It even got to the point where I commented on another topic just to get someone to see or recognize me. I just felt like I needed to let someone know. I'm sure this is a problem of many people. But I definitely suggest that if you don't understand how to fix a persons problem - please do not let their post just sit there. Say something. Because I'm sure people like I once was, faithfully get on here every day.

Thanks anyway.

Hello,

With due respect, this is in my opinion an unfair assessment, not only towards Phoebe, but also towards all of us, basically. Indeed, I have nothing much to add to Shamrock's and cat2006house's comments.

Phoebe is working hard to help out the Mac folks, and she's trying to be online as often as she can, but in this case, the only one to blame for this is EA, because in general, they don't seem to be interested in "optimizing" their games for Mac users.

But I will also tell you this here: most of us Helpers/Mods/Admins are NOT "professional computer scientists", if you thought that. We all volunteer for this "project" here, and yes, our main focus lies in the Windows sections. It's sometimes the case that we can't solve problems at all.

As cynical as it sounds, if you are that impatient, you might look elsewhere for solutions on that problem.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 01:48

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and thank you for your complaint.
Yes, I partially agree with you. You see, a few months ago (or was it years? - time flies) it was easy for me and Lady ElDi to handle things together and leave no topics unanswered. But as you might have already noticed: the Forum is growing. This means that more people are joining daily and more and more problems are posted 24/7, around the clock. Unfortunately I have some other projects I'm working on at the moment, so I can't fully focus on the Forum.
We try to recruit Helpers to help us with the job. We're trying to get back on track slowly.

The thing I don't agree with you, is that you say we forgot about your topic. Sometimes we overlook things - we're all human after all - and the Forum Rules state that, if I'm not mistaken, you may contact a team member if you didn't get a reply within 24 hours. So feel free to use that privilege, if you really think we forgot your topic.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 14:59

Hello Missylenoir,

Sorry for you've encountered with many problems with your game and sorry for not being able to help you. We're having a hard time here ever since Island Paradise came out. Of course I am not expecting you to know how hard we're trying to solve this problem, as you can't. But maybe you can understand we're only humans, and it isn't our jobs but actually we do have real jobs and lives we need to live, with lots of unexpected incidents like me having a flu that lasted over 2 weeks. And still we're trying to be here, be supportive and help people.

And before explaining the things about game, I want to remind all who thinks alike. I find it really not fair for getting blames for a game doesn't work. I am a volunteered helper like rest, and I am NOT EA machanic, or game developer or anything else. Believe me I don't get millions for an actually-not-working game. So blaming only me for being a helper of forum which strictly claims that: "We officially don't give support for Mac problems, but you can post them here and get help from our other users and/or Mac Helpers!" isn't fair at all. I think this complaint shouldn't be about me only, but about for all who contributes this site.

And to owner of the complaint, I can understand you're feeling helpless here, not for making your game work. It's really frustrating, I know. But it isn't only you. Lots and lots of Mac users, including me  are having serious problems with Sims 3, more than usual. I think if I were you and I were that much angry, I should write a complaint to EA instead of couple volunteered helpers. As my other helper friends mentioned, we ARE NOT computer mechanics. And no one who have wits with herself would blame some unofficial helpers for not fixing the EA biggest problem: not converting Sims 3 to a Mac game. Mac users having problems with Sims 3 since it first came out, and EA hasn't solved it until this day. And in this situation it is kinda impossible for us to solve this totally anyway. 

But still, we're trying hard with all helper friends though they don't understand Mac quite well. But still, they're trying to solve problem with me even though we aren't sure what causes the problems. Other than that, if you could look to Mac section, you could see I told to all that we're dealing with a problem and I've already asked for help from all Mac users who think knowing even a little about what causes this problem. You don't need to be a helper to help. All users here are contributing the site as we are few and we can't help all at the same time. We'd be really happy if you know about Macs a bit and help us.

Also, I'd like you to reach me and tell me how you feel or we've neglated you and I could explain all to you. But still thanks for complaint, I hope it's all clear now about that I am (or any other helper, or moderator or Admin) not officially responsible for your game isn't working. An again, sorry for not responding your post in summertime. Next time please remember contacting with one of us, helpers or moderators, if you have problems again.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 23:22

Phoebe wrote:Next time please remember contacting with one of us, helpers or moderators, if you have problems again.
(But remember: DO NOT send us your actual problem via PM, since NO Support is provided via PM!)

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 23:42

Admin wrote:
Phoebe wrote:Next time please remember contacting with one of us, helpers or moderators, if you have problems again.
(But remember: DO NOT send us your actual problem via PM, since NO Support is provided via PM!)

Fine, just contact me ONLY. It's better not being blamed in public.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 13:56

Phoebe wrote:Hello Missylenoir,

Sorry for you've encountered with many problems with your game and sorry for not being able to help you. We're having a hard time here ever since Island Paradise came out. Of course I am not expecting you to know how hard we're trying to solve this problem, as you can't. But maybe you can understand we're only humans, and it isn't our jobs but actually we do have real jobs and lives we need to live, with lots of unexpected incidents like me having a flu that lasted over 2 weeks. And still we're trying to be here, be supportive and help people.

And before explaining the things about game, I want to remind all who thinks alike. I find it really not fair for getting blames for a game doesn't work. I am a volunteered helper like rest, and I am NOT EA machanic, or game developer or anything else. Believe me I don't get millions for an actually-not-working game. So blaming only me for being a helper of forum which strictly claims that: "We officially don't give support for Mac problems, but you can post them here and get help from our other users and/or Mac Helpers!" isn't fair at all. I think this complaint shouldn't be about me only, but about for all who contributes this site.

And to owner of the complaint, I can understand you're feeling helpless here, not for making your game work. It's really frustrating, I know. But it isn't only you. Lots and lots of Mac users, including me  are having serious problems with Sims 3, more than usual. I think if I were you and I were that much angry, I should write a complaint to EA instead of couple volunteered helpers. As my other helper friends mentioned, we ARE NOT computer mechanics. And no one who have wits with herself would blame some unofficial helpers for not fixing the EA biggest problem: not converting Sims 3 to a Mac game. Mac users having problems with Sims 3 since it first came out, and EA hasn't solved it until this day. And in this situation it is kinda impossible for us to solve this totally anyway. 

But still, we're trying hard with all helper friends though they don't understand Mac quite well. But still, they're trying to solve problem with me even though we aren't sure what causes the problems. Other than that, if you could look to Mac section, you could see I told to all that we're dealing with a problem and I've already asked for help from all Mac users who think knowing even a little about what causes this problem. You don't need to be a helper to help. All users here are contributing the site as we are few and we can't help all at the same time. We'd be really happy if you know about Macs a bit and help us.

Also, I'd like you to reach me and tell me how you feel or we've neglated you and I could explain all to you. But still thanks for complaint, I hope it's all clear now about that I am (or any other helper, or moderator or Admin) not officially responsible for your game isn't working. An again, sorry for not responding your post in summertime. Next time please remember contacting with one of us, helpers or moderators, if you have problems again.

Hello,

At least I understand how desperate you are. I even think of learning computer programming to create a brand-new crack. (Unfortunately I don't have a Mac! Sad )

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 15:58

Hello,

I can't add much to what has been said.
Personally, my problem is two-fold (at the moment). My first problem is, that I know nothing about Mac at all. My second problem for the moment, is that my PC needs to be fixed and I haven't even looked at it.

But perhaps you'd like to be part of the solution? We're always looking for people to help us out and Phoebe is our only "Mac-expert" and I am sure she would be glad of your help.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 15:59

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

At least I understand how desperate you are. I even think of learning computer programming to create a brand-new crack. (Unfortunately I don't have a Mac! Sad )
I am not that desperate, don't worry cat Smile It's just disappointing for some people there are no solutions. But it doesn't mean we stop trying to help them.

Moderator edit: Time to close this. There is no point in discussing with somebody who does not understand that The Sims (3) was never "made" for Mac systems. Wink  Besides, I'm still surprised that we (2 Admins, 2 Moderators and 2 Helpers) actually put so much effort in trying to make this point clear to the topic creator. Facepalm 

- Carlos

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum