Sims 3 keeps crashing right as i try to move my family into a home.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 keeps crashing right as i try to move my family into a home.

Post by sortalikearockstar on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 05:29

I have tried the DEP excptions, removing the file from the documents and putting it into the sims 3 file under program files, fixing my 3D settings, setting the game resolution to low and to run on windows XP mode, plus im sure one or two more things im forgetting. I have windows 8(maybe thats the issue) I dont think there is an overheating problem because the botton of my laptop doesnt get very hot from running it. I checked compatibility and all my systems should be able to run the game. I am now currently re-installing the game plus 2 expansions. I honestly dont know what to do anymore. Please help!

sortalikearockstar
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 keeps crashing right as i try to move my family into a home.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 05:39

@sortalikearockstar wrote:I have tried the DEP excptions, removing the file from the documents and putting it into the sims 3 file under program files, fixing my 3D settings, setting the game resolution to low and to run on windows XP mode, plus im sure one or two more things im forgetting. I have windows 8(maybe thats the issue) I dont think there is an overheating problem because the botton of my laptop doesnt get very hot from running it. I checked compatibility and all my systems should be able to run the game. I am now currently re-installing the game plus 2 expansions. I honestly dont know what to do anymore. Please help!

Hello,

Try to re-apply the "manual patch" from here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

Afterwards, (re-) apply the "Ultimate fix": http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

It's enough when you only use the two files that are in the #crack folder of the Ultimate fix; copy the two files to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sortalikearockstar on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 05:41

I'm re-downloading everything now using the patch and the fix, hopefully it works!

sortalikearockstar
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 05:46

@sortalikearockstar wrote:I'm re-downloading everything now using the patch and the fix, hopefully it works!

OK, let me know the result then. But of course, when you copy the two crack files from the Ultimate fix to the location I posted (= that's the base game location), then you should "replace the existing files" Wink 

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sortalikearockstar on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 07:06

I got past the loading screen but right as I moved in it crashed. Because I just re-downloaded everything should I try doing the DEP exceptions again?

//EDIT

I changed the sims 3 documents file name and it was fine, but now i started sims today and it crashed again. Should i re-apply the patch and crack? I would also like to keep my saved game because i worked hard on it

sortalikearockstar
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum