Expansions require CD over support files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansions require CD over support files

Post by Bianca_Solderini on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 18:58

Hi, my name is... Bianca, and I'm sorry for any gramatical error I might make
Before anything I have to praise Games 4 the World for providing both amasing dowloads and for the good suport I see in the foruns. Amasing work
I've downloaded all expansions of the Sims3 up to University life. I installed and played with them no problem. Then I had to move away so uninstalled them without deleting them.
Now I wanted to reinstall all of them and each expansion except for Generation, Seasons and Supernatural won't install, even with the manual update and the ultimate fix on the base game. I've always followed the installation guides....
So... the error that appears first is the CRC files that say that some files might be corrupt, which i proptly ignore and after it repeat over at least half a dozen files it goes up to a request to put the CD 1 that contains the file game\bin\staticpages\common\communitybg.jpg. for Sims 3 Ambitions and support\readme\pt_pt\pt_pt_EULA.rtf. for almost every other. Of course I don't have the CD. So the instalation is cancelled.... 
All the instalations have been in Portuguese, my home language even if my game is in English, I don't have a clue if it matters.
I thank you beforehand and excuse me for the long mensage.

Bianca_Solderini
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expansions require CD over support files

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 19:08

@Bianca_Solderini wrote:Hi, my name is... Bianca, and I'm sorry for any gramatical error I might make
Before anything I have to praise Games 4 the World for providing both amasing dowloads and for the good suport I see in the foruns. Amasing work
I've downloaded all expansions of the Sims3 up to University life. I installed and played with them no problem. Then I had to move away so uninstalled them without deleting them.
Now I wanted to reinstall all of them and each expansion except for Generation, Seasons and Supernatural won't install, even with the manual update and the ultimate fix on the base game. I've always followed the installation guides....
So... the error that appears first is the CRC files that say that some files might be corrupt, which i proptly ignore and after it repeat over at least half a dozen files it goes up to a request to put the CD 1 that contains the file game\bin\staticpages\common\communitybg.jpg. for Sims 3 Ambitions and support\readme\pt_pt\pt_pt_EULA.rtf. for almost every other. Of course I don't have the CD. So the instalation is cancelled.... 
All the instalations have been in Portuguese, my home language even if my game is in English, I don't have a clue if it matters.
I thank you beforehand and excuse me for the long mensage.

Hello,

So you get an error message that tells you to "put in a CD" during installation ? Did you download your Sims 3 games from "Games4TheWorld" ? If yes, the format of the downloads is ".RAR" - and you need to open the file with WinRAR. You can find the downloads here:http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

If you did that already, try to extract the contents of the .RAR again. So make an empty folder somewhere, then open the .RAR file with WinRAR, and extract all contents into the empty folder you just made.

I'm not sure if this can solve your problem, so let me know the result.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 19:31

If you have done what Carlos G told you and you still have errors, then you need the missing files or to download the game again.

I uploaded the missing files:

communitybg.jpg

pt-pt_EULA.rtf

Joker
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Generals Zero Hour; Counter Strike Source; Call of Duty; Total War; Warcraft III; Civilization IV; World In Conflict; Age of Empires II; Company of Heroes; Jedi Knight; Sins of a Solar Empire; StarCraft II; The Sims 3; FIFA 13.
Male Posts : 179

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum