Sims 3 Supernatural Trouble

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Supernatural Trouble

Post by UltraAdeline on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 03:33

I was hoping someone could help me with my Supernatural expansion pack...

I recently installed Late Night (which I downloaded from this site), and the instructions said to uninstall everything from the Sims 3 and reinstall, which I did. All my stuff came from this site, just to clarify. Unfortunately, Supernatural would not uninstall. It SAID it uninstalled. I tried to do this at least three times, and every time it would seem to work, but it would show up in my programs list anyway. I decided to skip it for now and went ahead and finished up everything else I was doing. I did all these a couple of weeks ago.

My Sims 3 game is up and running perfectly fine, along with all the expansion packs, but I don't have Supernatural anymore, despite it being installed, apparently. It shows up in my programs list, but the Sims 3 launcher says it's not installed. I tried running the setup again, and it only asks if I want to remove Supernatural. If I click Yes, it will "uninstall" but still be there. I'm not sure how to fix this; I'd really like to have Supernatural again. 

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks,

-Addy

Last edited by UltraAdeline on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 00:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Enabling reply notification)

UltraAdeline
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Supernatural Trouble

Post by Shamrock on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:56

Hey!
Don't uninstall anything, just install everything you want without applying any crack.

Then, open the #Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix and copy the files to your base game folder.
All your games should then appear in the Launcher.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UltraAdeline on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 00:25

Shamrock wrote:Hey!
Don't uninstall anything, just install everything you want without applying any crack.

Then, open the #Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix and copy the files to your base game folder.
All your games should then appear in the Launcher.

I have already done this. And like I said, when I try to install Supernatural, it only asks if I want to remove it. It doesn't give me the option to install it anymore. All my other games work fine.

UltraAdeline
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 05:44

UltraAdeline wrote: I have already done this. And like I said, when I try to install Supernatural, it only asks if I want to remove it. It doesn't give me the option to install it anymore. All my other games work fine.
Hello,

Please try to remove your Sims 3 games completely; read up on the following here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

After that clean un-install, re-boot the computer.

When re-installing the games, do it like this:

1) Install the base game
2) Apply the manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch
3) Now install Supernatural and any other expansions you like
4) Re-apply the manual patch (even if it says your game is "updated already")
5) Apply the "Ultimate fix": http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

It's enough when you use the two files from the #crack folder of the fix. Copy the two files to the base game location and replace the existing files: C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

6) And that should be it. Good luck and let us know the result !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14471

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 10:23

Like I said, I bet Supernatural is still installed. The only reason it doesn't show up is because you haven't applied the Ultimate Fix yet.
Please try to do as I said...

Shamrock  

Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UltraAdeline on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 14:36

Carlos G. wrote:
UltraAdeline wrote: I have already done this. And like I said, when I try to install Supernatural, it only asks if I want to remove it. It doesn't give me the option to install it anymore. All my other games work fine.
Hello,

Please try to remove your Sims 3 games completely; read up on the following here: [link]

After that clean un-install, re-boot the computer.

When re-installing the games, do it like this:

1) Install the base game
2) Apply the manual patch: [link]
3) Now install Supernatural and any other expansions you like
4) Re-apply the manual patch (even if it says your game is "updated already")
5) Apply the "Ultimate fix": [link]

It's enough when you use the two files from the #crack folder of the fix. Copy the two files to the base game location and replace the existing files: C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

6) And that should be it. Good luck and let us know the result !
Ahahaha, yes, that is what I did already. I uninstalled everything, EXCEPT SUPERNATURAL. This is when I ran into the problems I have already described. It SAYS it uninstalls, but it still shows up in my programs list, and there's a still a folder for it in the C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\ folders. When I try to install it again, it only asks if I want to remove it. I do not get the option to install again.
Yes, I applied the patch, yes I applied the Ultimate Fix files. I did all this as I after I had discovered that Supernatural was not uninstalling properly. I decided to skip it anyway, and the rest of my games work fine, but I still cannot uninstall or reinstall Supernatural. It still does not show up in the launcher.

I feel like I'm not being clear enough. 
I previously had Sims and several expansions installed.
However, I wanted to use the Ultimate Fix and patch.
So I uninstalled everything.
This is when Supernatural started giving me problems.
I skipped Supernatural and went ahead installing everything anyway. I applied the Ultimate Fix and Patch.
My game works fine, but Supernatural does not show up in the launcher any more. The folder for it is still there, despite being "uninstalled" at least three times.
Trying to install it again does not work, as it only asks me if I want to remove it.

And by the way, thank you guys for taking the time to try and help so far...

UltraAdeline
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 14:46

Ok. Like the folder is there but it is empty?

Shamrock  

Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UltraAdeline on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 21:47

Shamrock wrote:Ok. Like the folder is there but it is empty?

Nope, everything is still in there...

UltraAdeline
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 21:58

UltraAdeline wrote: Nope, everything is still in there...
So you have actually read the article about un-installing that I posted, and it doesn't help you at all ? Now that's something unique, but OK.

There might be another way of removing Supernatural: click on the link in my signature saying "G4TW torrent downloads". Now search for the download called "Your un-installer Pro". Install it.

Now, when you open the program, go to the bottom of the window and click on the button "Advanced un-install". Does Supernatural show up ? If yes, mark it, and click on "uninstall".

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14471

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum