Sims going haywire. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims going haywire. [SOLVED]

Post by ayaneko31 on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 07:36

Please someone...explain this to me what the heck is going on and why is it doing it? I'd hate to have to start this all over because they have come so far

//EDIT

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_TPLFiHVab5d0duWEpZLTJKRVE/edit?usp=sharing

ayaneko31
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 27
Points : 1912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims going haywire. [SOLVED]

Post by cezra31 on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 11:18

Hello,


Do you have Mods or CC?


If yes, back-up and remove the Mods Folder. 

_________________
Regards,
cezra31









Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
avatar
cezra31
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Left 4 Dead, NBA 2k, Warcraft III, Need For Speed, League of Legends
Male Posts : 500
Points : 2714
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 19
Location : I'm right here beside you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims going haywire. [SOLVED]

Post by ayaneko31 on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 03:48

cezra31 wrote:Hello,


Do you have Mods or CC?


If yes, back-up and remove the Mods Folder. 
 Yes I have mods. so, how do i back up the mods folder and if i remove it can i still use my mods again?

ayaneko31
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 27
Points : 1912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims going haywire. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 07:30

ayaneko31 wrote:
cezra31 wrote:Hello,


Do you have Mods or CC?


If yes, back-up and remove the Mods Folder. 
 Yes I have mods. so, how do i back up the mods folder and if i remove it can i still use my mods again?
Hello,


Simply drag and drop the Mods folder inside the C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to the desktop.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5875
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims going haywire. [SOLVED]

Post by ayaneko31 on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 11:02

cat2006house wrote:
ayaneko31 wrote:
cezra31 wrote:Hello,


Do you have Mods or CC?


If yes, back-up and remove the Mods Folder. 
 Yes I have mods. so, how do i back up the mods folder and if i remove it can i still use my mods again?
Hello,


Simply drag and drop the Mods folder inside the C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to the desktop.
@cezra
Sorry for the late reply, I understood what he or she was telling me because i've done it before but i never encountered this type of problem so this is a surprise to me. I was asking that once i put it in my desktop and run the game and if the game works and i can get my saved game back, can i put my mods back in its place. I may have to uninstall the games again because maybe my cpu can not handle so many downloaded games. I used to borrow my friend's  other games (supernatural and seasons) and have 2 of them downloaded from here and it works no problem, but now, while she was in Texas I only had the 4 i own (BG, LN,PT,and ST) and the 5 i downloaded here (SN,SE,AM,GN,and UN). and since then its been going crazy. it could be the mods as well but I can not start the game eventhough i have the mods folder out. it takes about 6-10 tries before something comes up. if you get what i am saying. scratch

//EDIT

Someone if you can, please close this post. Although the issue was not resolved, i found an alternative to the issue. Thank you.

Moderator edit: if you want to add something to your post, please use the "edit"-button. Thank you. Wink

- Carlos

ayaneko31
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 27
Points : 1912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims going haywire. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Sun 25 Aug 2013, 03:56

ayaneko31 wrote:Someone if you can, please close this post. Although the issue was not resolved, i found an alternative to the issue. Thank you.
Hello,

Can you tell us what is the alternative, so that poeple who encounters the same issue can solve the problem with this method?

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5875
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims going haywire. [SOLVED]

Post by ayaneko31 on Sun 25 Aug 2013, 19:51

Okay but my alternative involves removing that saved game unfortunately. 

FIRST PROBLEM.Well what I did was I tested the portrait panel mod from NRASS before posting and it seems to be the problem but it takes away all of the characters on the side and makes them disappear making your characters unselectable. So I figured either the portrait panel was broken or it wasnt updated. So I updated it and the problem still was there. So you can not fix that problem unless you search for it so I was unsuccessful with that.


SECOND PROBLEM (Game takes awhile to load)
I took out the following folders and put them on my desktop:
mods, DCcache, and my downloads

I placed them in one by one to figured out why my game didnt work I had enough space and everything. It wasnt until I placed my DCCache folder in there. So i searched the internet again (because it is your best friend lol) and I found out that because of the 1.55 update EA put in these .TMP files and they double the amount of CC you have and in my case I have 6GB worth of content.-.-

From the person I got the solution from it says (I'd like to credit them but I dont know how this site feels about 3rd party links and such)

"The way it looks now, those TMP files are only need to make sure everything shows in your launcher. It’s not needed to have them show up in game. Because of this, you can just delete the files. They are recreated if you restart the launcher. Bypass the launcher to prevent them from recreating and delete them again after you have used the launcher to install something."

I did this and it worked and I pinned my game (not the launcher) to my taskbar. And only use the launcher when I download and the please note that everytime you start the launcher, the TMP files do come back up.

As for the first problem, after following up with the second problem, I havent experienced the multiple faces since.


Last edited by ayaneko31 on Sun 25 Aug 2013, 19:58; edited 1 time in total

ayaneko31
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 27
Points : 1912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims going haywire. [SOLVED]

Post by ayaneko31 on Sun 25 Aug 2013, 19:55

ayaneko31 wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
ayaneko31 wrote:
cezra31 wrote:Hello,


Do you have Mods or CC?


If yes, back-up and remove the Mods Folder. 
 Yes I have mods. so, how do i back up the mods folder and if i remove it can i still use my mods again?
Hello,


Simply drag and drop the Mods folder inside the C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to the desktop.
@cezra
Sorry for the late reply, I understood what he or she was telling me because i've done it before but i never encountered this type of problem so this is a surprise to me. I was asking that once i put it in my desktop and run the game and if the game works and i can get my saved game back, can i put my mods back in its place. I may have to uninstall the games again because maybe my cpu can not handle so many downloaded games. I used to borrow my friend's  other games (supernatural and seasons) and have 2 of them downloaded from here and it works no problem, but now, while she was in Texas I only had the 4 i own (BG, LN,PT,and ST) and the 5 i downloaded here (SN,SE,AM,GN,and UN). and since then its been going crazy. it could be the mods as well but I can not start the game eventhough i have the mods folder out. it takes about 6-10 tries before something comes up. if you get what i am saying. scratch

//EDIT

Someone if you can, please close this post. Although the issue was not resolved, i found an alternative to the issue. Thank you.

Moderator edit: if you want to add something to your post, please use the "edit"-button. Thank you. Wink

- Carlos
@ Carlos, Sorry about that but I have been in forums where people are rude and have said that my post are too long so they dont read it. I am detailed and want to get the whole problem out. So I usually avoid forums to avoid these types of people^^

ayaneko31
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 27
Points : 1912
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims going haywire. [SOLVED]

Post by Shamrock on Mon 26 Aug 2013, 16:15

It seems safe to close the topic now...

_________________
Have some tea, and take care!
Best regards,

Shamrock  





Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
avatar
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265
Points : 5943
Reputation : 381
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : On the slim border between sane and insane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum