Sims 3 no disc found?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 no disc found?

Post by MajinKitty230 on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 20:37

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to the forums and after looking to these forums with so many questions that have been answered somewhat I figured i'd join and try and get help rather than posting it in some other place that's not that active, as this one seems active.. anyway onto the problem.

Well my brother recently installed Sims 3 Island Paradise from the site, like the game actually and after so long of waiting for him to do it, he did it but I guess forgot to install the actual game, which left me a bit mad. So after manually updating the game to 1.54 I decided to go back in game and see if the game gave me problems like before with missing UI & text on the screen you see to open a new game or an already made game, which I had none of due to wanting to start fresh. But when I went in there it said 'no disk found' or whatever when you don't have a disk in the CD drive, so it leaves me at a stop and I don't know what to do. I haven't installed Island Paradise yet due to the problem. Any ideas? Should I install IP and see if it stops saying it or should I just wait till I get help or my brother comes home?
MajinKitty230
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Sims 2, Sims 3, Harvest Moon, MySims
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 no disc found?

Post by sandrayahya on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 21:02

Hi there! Your problem can be easily solved by applying this mod: nraas.wikispaces .com/NoCD+Phase+One (delete the spaces; the forum wouldn't let me post a link cause I'm new, except this link is actually helpful)
The instructions on how to apply it are on that page too. Worked like a charm for me when I had that problem.

Enjoy and hope I helped!

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 21:11

sandrayahya wrote:Hi there! Your problem can be easily solved by applying this mod: nraas.wikispaces .com/NoCD+Phase+One (delete the spaces; the forum wouldn't let me post a link cause I'm new, except this link is actually helpful)
The instructions on how to apply it are on that page too. Worked like a charm for me when I had that problem.

Enjoy and hope I helped!
Hello,

The issue with this method is this, though: if you have already installed a cracked ".exe" file, and it doesn't work for some reason, then the "No-CD mod" won't help you.

It seems that this mod only works if you have the original game files installed (= the original "TS3W.exe" and "TSLHost.dll"). If you didn't back them up before you replaced them with the cracks, I'm not sure if there is another easier method to get these files - than by way of un-installing and re-installing the game.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MajinKitty230 on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:25

sandrayahya wrote:Hi there! Your problem can be easily solved by applying this mod: nraas.wikispaces .com/NoCD+Phase+One (delete the spaces; the forum wouldn't let me post a link cause I'm new, except this link is actually helpful)

Enjoy and hope I helped!
 The thing is i'm not allowed to use mods or download anything without his permission, since the computer is my brothers and he would probably protest to it if he doesn't find it on his own and download it. Thank you for your help either way but do you know of anything else that I could do? If there's nothing else i'll wait for my brother to come home.

//EDIT

Carlos G. wrote:Hello,

The issue with this method is this, though: if you have already installed a cracked ".exe" file, and it doesn't work for some reason, then the "No-CD mod" won't help you.

It seems that this mod only works if you have the original game files installed (= the original "TS3W.exe" and "TSLHost.dll"). If you didn't back them up before you replaced them with the cracks, I'm not sure if there is another easier method to get these files - than by way of un-installing and re-installing the game.
Oh really? Well, my brother did most of the cracking and dragging it to the required files/folder it needed to be put in.. or whatever. Well, thanks for the advice and i'll see if my brother can do anything to help without having to uninstall it all, like I said he was the one who got the crack, not myself. So hopefully some sort of method will work.
MajinKitty230
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Sims 2, Sims 3, Harvest Moon, MySims
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum