Sims 3 Island Paradise *NO CD FOUND - CRACK DOESNT WORK, 2ND EXPANSION. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise *NO CD FOUND - CRACK DOESNT WORK, 2ND EXPANSION. [SOLVED]

Post by cossettelee on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:28

so I just got done installing my Sims 3 Island Paradise, and I go to play it, (I put that crack in the sims 3 bin (base game) and I did everything correctly) and it is telling me to insert a Disk to play???

This is the SECOND Expansion pack that I've torrented from (possibly) GFTW, and the first one was Sims 3 University Life, and i had a bit of trouble, but then i found out i needed the crack, and so i put the crack in the bin, and viola. BUT, I think i know what the problem is, but i can't be sure. I think its: Because I already had the University Life crack in there, it's making me do the (2) thing for when i *move but keep both files*.
Should I just replace the file? Will I not be able to play Sims 3 University Life anymore? I'm scared that i won't be able to play it if i try my theory, because i dont remember where the crack is. o: 

If it's the same crack, shouldn't it just be the same, and shouldn't it work for both? Or am i just overthinking this, and should just move and replace files? 
someone answer soon pls I've been waiting literally ALL day for this, and last night, and I really want to try out my new stuff!

cossettelee
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture:
  • 64bit

Favourite games: Zelda, League Of Legends, Sims Series.
Female Posts: 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise *NO CD FOUND - CRACK DOESNT WORK, 2ND EXPANSION. [SOLVED]

Post by Carlos on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:31

@cossettelee wrote:so I just got done installing my Sims 3 Island Paradise, and I go to play it, (I put that crack in the sims 3 bin (base game) and I did everything correctly) and it is telling me to insert a Disk to play???

This is the SECOND Expansion pack that I've torrented from (possibly) GFTW, and the first one was Sims 3 University Life, and i had a bit of trouble, but then i found out i needed the crack, and so i put the crack in the bin, and viola. BUT, I think i know what the problem is, but i can't be sure. I think its: Because I already had the University Life crack in there, it's making me do the (2) thing for when i *move but keep both files*.
Should I just replace the file? Will I not be able to play Sims 3 University Life anymore? I'm scared that i won't be able to play it if i try my theory, because i dont remember where the crack is. o: 

If it's the same crack, shouldn't it just be the same, and shouldn't it work for both? Or am i just overthinking this, and should just move and replace files? 
someone answer soon pls I've been waiting literally ALL day for this, and last night, and I really want to try out my new stuff!
Hello,

If you copy the crack files to the base game location, you should always replace the existing files; you should NEVER "keep the files".

Also, you should always use the two files from the #crack folder of  the "Ultimate fix". Don't use the cracks that are included in the expansions that you download.

Carlos
VETERAN Moderator
Supervisory Special Agent

VETERAN Moderator Supervisory Special Agent

System architecture:
  • 32bit
  • 64bit

Favourite games: The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Mafia II, The Godfather II, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, Saints Row, S.W.A.T. 4, Red faction, Titanfall, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Luigi's Mansion, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Darkest hour, Hearts of iron III, Arsenal of Democracy.
Male Posts: 9801

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise *NO CD FOUND - CRACK DOESNT WORK, 2ND EXPANSION. [SOLVED]

Post by cossettelee on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:36

//EDIT

OOPS found it. Should have clicked a few more links before I said anything XD 

I'll update if It works.

cossettelee
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture:
  • 64bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:38

@cossettelee wrote:Can I have the link to the Ultimate Fix download?
Here you are: Wink  http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Carlos
VETERAN Moderator

System architecture:
  • 32bit
  • 64bit

Favourite games: The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Mafia II, The Godfather II, GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, Saints Row, S.W.A.T. 4, Red faction, Titanfall, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Luigi's Mansion, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Darkest hour, Hearts of iron III, Arsenal of Democracy.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cossettelee on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:50

It's still telling me "no disk found" Should i restard  my computer? 

I used to crack in the folder called "all expansion packs released including generations" 

will that one work for island paradise????

cossettelee
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture:
  • 64bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:55

@cossettelee wrote:It's still telling me "no disk found" Should i restard  my computer? 

I used to crack in the folder called "all expansion packs released including generations" 

will that one work for island paradise????
I would, in that case, download and apply the "manual" patch (if you haven't done that already): http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

Afterwards, re-apply the Ultimate fix. Again, you only need the two files from the #crack folder (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll). Copy the files to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

If that doesn't work there aren't too many alternatives left, I'm afraid.

Carlos
VETERAN Moderator

System architecture:
  • 32bit
  • 64bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cossettelee on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:02

That says It's updating my sims though? I don't need it updated? I already have the 1.5.5 versions :c

//EDIT

and now the game launcher isn't even recognizing the fact that I have University Life. Is this going to delete all of my data now? :c 

this is getting nerve wracking :c

cossettelee
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture:
  • 64bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:09

@cossettelee wrote:That says It's updating my sims though? I don't need it updated? I already have the 1.5.5 versions :c

//EDIT

and now the game launcher isn't even recognizing the fact that I have University Life. Is this going to delete all of my data now? :c 

this is getting nerve wracking :c
Hello again,

Since I began helping out people on the forum here, I've seen a lot of similar cases like yours; and as it often turned out, something went wrong during patching and/or cracking the game.

The method that I explained to you (first run the manual patch, then the two files from the #crack folder of the Ultimate fix) is most likely the easiest method to patch/crack.

So for now: yes, re-run the manual patch (even if it says that your game is up-to-date already), and then put in again the two files from the #crack folder of the fix, into the location I mentioned above.

One more thing: please, if you want to add anyting to your post, use the "edit" button, instead of double-posting. Wink

Carlos
VETERAN Moderator

System architecture:
  • 32bit
  • 64bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cossettelee on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:19

I decided to explore and try a couple things on my own and I figured it all out. I got all the cracks correct, and I didn't have any problems with my patching or anything, and i didn't have to download any of the manual patching or whatever. 

I'm glad it's all over, but at least I'll know for future reference when I come get another sims 3 expansion pack! 

thank you, and adieu.

cossettelee
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture:
  • 64bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:22

@cossettelee wrote:I decided to explore and try a couple things on my own and I figured it all out. I got all the cracks correct, and I didn't have any problems with my patching or anything, and i didn't have to download any of the manual patching or whatever. 

I'm glad it's all over, but at least I'll know for future reference when I come get another sims 3 expansion pack! 

thank you, and adieu.
OK, I'm glad to hear that, but may I ask what (you think) the problem was in your case, then ?

Carlos
VETERAN Moderator

System architecture:
  • 32bit
  • 64bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cossettelee on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:52

I didn't know to put the correct cracks into the folder where the expansion packs are. And the correct ones for that matter! lol

Moderator edit: Interesting, but you seemingly fixed the problem yourself. Alright, have fun! Topic closed.

- Carlos

cossettelee
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture:
  • 64bit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum