Sims 3 Error: "The game process could not be started"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Error: "The game process could not be started"

Post by c4thi on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 18:20

So I've just downloaded the expansion pack "University" for the Sims 3 (I already had the base game and some expansion packs installed) and when I wanted to play it, it said that my game was not up to date which could cause some crashes. 

I wanted to update, but that didn't work, so I used the Ultimate Fix and the update still didn't work so then I used the manual patch (like it was said in the Installation Guide for Ultimate Fix). I followed every step and when I was done and wanted to start the game I always get the message "The game process could not be started". 

Does anybody know how to fix that? I did everything that was mentioned in the Installation Guide… I have no idea what I could have done wrong Crying or Very sad  And I haven't seen anybody else with the same problem on this forum… Please help me!

c4thi
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Error: "The game process could not be started"

Post by Phoebe on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 19:20

Hello,

Seems like you need to have a clean uninstall to work your game. Please see page about applying a clean uninstall on Mac and make sure you applied every step before reinstalling.

You can see my post for installing the game correctly.

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum