Attention!! Possible issues encountered after buying Humble Origin Bundle! [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Attention!! Possible issues encountered after buying Humble Origin Bundle! [CLOSED]

Post by J.T. on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 16:03

Hello,

If you don't know what Humble Bundle is, check here. The problem is when you redeem the codes of The Sims 3 Starter Pack through Origin, the product code which can be accessed here, the registration problem may arise:

Since the installation wizard may require you to enter a 20-digit registration code, you may, unfortunately, cannot continue the installation since the product code is only 16-digit. This problem can be easily solved by downloading the base game/expansion packs via G4TW official website ( www.games4theworld.org ).

However, the second problem may not be easily solved. Since the product code is 16-digit, you cannot register your game in The Sims 3 website (I can register it with 16-digit, but the only icon that brightens is The Sims 3: Late Night). If you want all icons of the expansion pack/stuff pack/base game that comes with The Sims 3 Starter Pack, you should contact an EA game advisor for generating new codes.

Thirdly, the problem of DLC bonus content: Date Night Collection that comes with The Sims 3 Starter Pack. You may find out that this collection is not included in "purchase history" of your account. This problem can only be solved by contacting an EA game advisor.

Last edited by cat2006house on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 17:10; edited 2 times in total

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
The Sims Helper
Don't underestimate me.
The Sims Helper Don't underestimate me.

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Attention!! Possible issues encountered after buying Humble Origin Bundle! [CLOSED]

Post by invalidusername on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 20:27

Glad I'm not the only one who knows about HumbleBundle! :3 

But wow, I'm glad I didn't have to deal with all that, gave the codes for those to a friend since I already own those expansions. Thank you for posting about the issues you ran into for everyone else though. Very Happy

invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Attention!! Possible issues encountered after buying Humble Origin Bundle! [CLOSED]

Post by Joker on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 04:56

Joker
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Generals Zero Hour; Counter Strike Source; Call of Duty; Total War; Warcraft III; Civilization IV; World In Conflict; Age of Empires II; Company of Heroes; Jedi Knight; Sins of a Solar Empire; StarCraft II; The Sims 3; FIFA 13.
Male Posts : 179

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 06:25

Hello,

Update:

On the Humble Bundle website where you can access all of your registration keys, you will find a new set of keys offered by EA. They are the keys for installing and registering the game + getting the DLC bonus content. As you can see (for privacy and security reasons, I erased the code of BattleField 3):

Click that link and then a set of codes will pop up:

Scroll down a bit and you will see the code for redeeming Date Night Collection:

This problem is solved by EA. If you have any questions, contact an EA game advisor for more details. Topic closed.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
The Sims Helper
Don't underestimate me.
The Sims Helper Don't underestimate me.

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top