Sims 3 Launcher Does Not Open.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Launcher Does Not Open.

Post by D'Gamr on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:56 am

I uninstalled ALL my expansions plus the base game and reinstalled the base game for now and my Launcher will not open. And if I try to open it without the launcher it still doesn't work.

Please help.

Ok, I downloaded Seasons from this site, where do I put the files, in the bin or elsewhere?

D'Gamr
Beginner
Beginner

Favorite Game(s): Sims 3, Left 4 Dead, Binding of Issac, Sonic CD, GTA, online games as well
Female Posts: 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Launcher Does Not Open.

Post by J.T. on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:06 am

Hello,

Have you installed The Sims 3: Seasons by double-clicking setup.exe/atuorun.exe and copy one of the serial codes included in the instruction guide of the torrent? Afterwards, follow the steps below:
(1) Download and apply the manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch
(2) Download the Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
(3) Drag and drop the contents of the #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Click "Replace" when you are told to do so.

J.T. ''isn't'' available right now. Contact him via private message if needed.

J.T.
The Sims Helper
The Workaholic and Playaholic
The Sims Helper The Workaholic and Playaholic

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit

Favorite Game(s): The Sims 3, Team Fortress 2, Mirror's Edge, Portal, Portal 2, Lucius
Male Posts: 3374

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:27 am

If I may add one thing: many people who have the latest 1.55 patch report all sorts of problems with the launcher. You might try to start the game "directly" by double-clicking on the TS3W.exe in the base game location (which cat2006house mentioned above). Of course, you can also make a shortcut to the desktop from that file.

Carlos
Forum Guardian

Moderator  Forum Guardian

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Arma III, Red Faction series, Saints Row series, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Counter-Strike series, Call of Duty series, Battlefield series, Mafia II, Rainbow Six Vegas II, S.W.A.T. IV, Pro Evolution Soccer 2013, Hitman: Absolution, Deep Rybka 4, The Legend of Zelda series, Darkest hour & similar strategy games.
Male Posts: 3231

View user profile http://www.proxy.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikemon on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:46 pm

This happened to me just after I formatted my computer.
I ran the launcher as Administrator from the installation directory (not Start > All Programs), and it worked first time.
Just a suggestion!

Mikemon
Beginner
Beginner

System type(s):
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): The Sims 3
Male Posts: 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by D'Gamr on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Ok, thanks for the suggestions, I shall try them and see if they work ^^

//EDIT

Ok it worked. Thanks.

Question: Why do you redownload the patches? Is it required to redownload them or no?

D'Gamr
Beginner
Beginner

Favorite Game(s): Sims 3, Left 4 Dead, Binding of Issac, Sonic CD, GTA, online games as well
Female Posts: 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:00 pm

D'Gamr wrote:Ok, thanks for the suggestions, I shall try them and see if they work ^^

//EDIT

Ok it worked. Thanks.

Question: Why do you redownload the patches? Is it required to redownload them or no?
Hello,

If you use the "manual patch" from here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch  then there is no need to "re-download" this. Everytime you want to install an additional expansion/stuffpack, just double-click on that file - this will re-apply the manual patch.

Carlos
Forum Guardian

Moderator  Forum Guardian

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Arma III, Red Faction series, Saints Row series, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Counter-Strike series, Call of Duty series, Battlefield series, Mafia II, Rainbow Six Vegas II, S.W.A.T. IV, Pro Evolution Soccer 2013, Hitman: Absolution, Deep Rybka 4, The Legend of Zelda series, Darkest hour & similar strategy games.
Male Posts: 3231

View user profile http://www.proxy.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum