Sims 3 please help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 please help

Post by shawtybabi09 on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 09:36

So I have read the must see before installing sims 3 and the Installation Guide but I can not seem to get it to work. Here is my problem I'm not sure out of all the files for the game where to go to download the base game. I used 7-zip to extract it so all the files where shown. I also tried using daemon tools to mount the base game and it will not do anything so i thought i might be using the wrong one. I was trying to mount the one that says the sims3- razor1911 maxspeed www.torentz.3xforum.rd. I also tried to Open the 'Sims3EP04Setup.exe' and follow on screen instructions. but when I do it goes through the loading of the installshield wizard then an error comes up that says this product requires an installed copy of the sims 3 please install the sims 3 before installing this product.

I'm really not sure what I am doing wrong. This is the first time I have tried to do this whole process so it is very new to me. So if someone could kind of break it down for me like what exactally to do instead of just saying install the base game ect that would be fantastic!

shawtybabi09
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 please help

Post by Adwomin on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 17:45

Hello,

Please note that you've downloaded the game from an other uploader, so the instructions may vary!
This is how to extract the .rar file:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by shawtybabi09 on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 06:37

I have downloaded the WinRAR archiver from your website like you have said. I then opened the files downloaded from your website of the sims 3 generations. I opened the files in WinRAR like you said then moved them to a new folder I have created. The installation guide says to open 'Sims3EP04Setup.exe' I did that also but I still come up with the same error message saying this product requires an installed copy of the sims 3 please install the sims 3 before installing this product.I installed everything I have from your website.. am I still missing a step or what?

shawtybabi09
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 13:37

Hello,

Yes, it's obvious; you need to install the base game first, otherwise you can't download any expansions.
You must follow these steps / order: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum