Sim 3 expansions quick question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim 3 expansions quick question

Post by kiten2979 on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 21:09

I hope this is in the right spot, I also checked around a bit and couldn't find the answer so here goes.  I already have the Sims 3 "a purchased copy" and I am wondering #1 if I can use the downloads you guys put up, and #2 do I still follow the exact instructions as in the How-to install sims 3?  Do I need to fix files for the sims 3 that it says to install?  Thanks so much in advance, again sorry if I have this in the wrong spot!  Noob

kiten2979
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sim 3 expansions quick question

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 21:18

@kiten2979 wrote:I hope this is in the right spot, I also checked around a bit and couldn't find the answer so here goes.  I already have the Sims 3 "a purchased copy" and I am wondering #1 if I can use the downloads you guys put up, and #2 do I still follow the exact instructions as in the How-to install sims 3?  Do I need to fix files for the sims 3 that it says to install?  Thanks so much in advance, again sorry if I have this in the wrong spot!  Noob
Hello,

Yes you can install the expansions that are available from "Games4TheWorld". Wink

Do it this way, if you have already installed the "base game":

1) Apply the "manual patch": http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

2) Download and install at least one of the following expansions:

Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations

3) Re-apply the manual patch (even if it says that your game is "updated already") !

4) Download and apply the "Ultimate fix". as described in steps 3 and 4: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And that should be it ! Good luck Wink

P.S. Next time, if you have a question about The Sims, do NOT post it in "PC Downloads support" section. Post it where it says "The Sims (3) in-game problems/downloads support".

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiten2979 on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 21:37

awesome!  thank you and will do!

kiten2979
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down