Origin Humble Bundle Vs. G4TW

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin Humble Bundle Vs. G4TW

Post by dgreen on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 20:35

Hi.

I've recently posted in a thread about having trouble updating the R.G Catalyst Sims 3 Deluxe Edition re-pack. It'd been working fine, but I just wanted to update it, because, y'know, updates. 

I was told that it doesn't support updates because it's a modified installer. I'll download all of the games and expansions from it through G4TW.

I also brought the Humble Bundle, which comes with Sims 3 Base Game, High End Loft Stuff, and Late Night. I can,  of course, get them from your website, but I was wondering, would it be better to download them all from your website (Base Game, expansions, ect.), just in case Origin would complicate things, or install The Humble Bundle Sims 3 andjust add the previous expansions with G4TW.

Thanks

dgreen
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin Humble Bundle Vs. G4TW

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 20:45

dgreen wrote:Hi.

I've recently posted in a thread about having trouble updating the R.G Catalyst Sims 3 Deluxe Edition re-pack. It'd been working fine, but I just wanted to update it, because, y'know, updates. 

I was told that it doesn't support updates because it's a modified installer. I'll download all of the games and expansions from it through G4TW.

I also brought the Humble Bundle, which comes with Sims 3 Base Game, High End Loft Stuff, and Late Night. I can,  of course, get them from your website, but I was wondering, would it be better to download them all from your website (Base Game, expansions, ect.), just in case Origin would complicate things, or install The Humble Bundle Sims 3 andjust add the previous expansions with G4TW.

Thanks
Hello,

What I would personally recommend is not to use this "Origin" thing at all; so yes, download the games from G4TW, without Origin. Normally, it shouldn't be a problem to "mix" Origin versions with the ones from G4TW, but I guess that's a question of taste.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dgreen on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 20:47

Okay, thanks. I'll probably Just get them all from here, just to keep everything together.

Thanks a lot

dgreen
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 31 Aug 2013, 10:54

Hello,

Let us know if you run into problems.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix