The sims 3 quits unexpectedly?! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 quits unexpectedly?! [SOLVED]

Post by NorthSnow on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 10:36

Hello everyone. I want to share my late issue with you and hope that you can help with it Sad
I have tried a lot forums to find any solution, but many mac users have the same problem and do not know how to fix it. I decided to post on this forum 'cause there are few fixes that really helped me some times. 
Ok, I will describe it really short: the game crashes while playing with the error that says to me "That app the sims 3 has unexpectedly quits". I tried almost EVERYTHING - deleted all CC and mods, cleared cache, deleted/renamed EA folder. But I won't reinstall the game because I'd lost my saves once ago when I did it. And now I can't lose it otherwise there's no point to play sims3 anymore then... 
My theory that game can crash because of RAM. Rolling Eyes I have 4 GB RAM, and the game takes at the begining about 1,5 GB RAM THEN IT GOES TO 2 GB and then more and more... 
Maybe there's an option to limit the RAM usage fot the sims 3.. but I don't know how to do it.. So I want to get your help Sad Because I have spent the money for this game and don't want to waste it in the blank.

My specs

MacBook Pro 13 
4 GB RAM 1333 MHZ DDR3
2,3 GGZ Intel Core i5
Video Card - Intel HD 3000

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker )

NorthSnow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 3 quits unexpectedly?! [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 18:43

Hello, 
Sorry for your problem. But let me tell you that, I know it sounds so gloomy and not nice but no matter you do, the game causes problem. And base on my experience RAM doesn't cause it. So many people changed their Mac aspects yet had the same reuslts as The Sims 3 isn't compitable with Mac in real.

So, I have only one theory that may work. Clean uninstalling. And you can keep your saves by simply copying them over your computer. Please just see my post about clean uninstall and apply it. I hope it helps when you install the game again.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthSnow on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 19:07

I brought my saves to desktop and reinstalled the game. It was a few months ago when I had the problem with "Unknown Error occured" (by the way this forum helped me to get rid of it). Then I got back my saves to the EA folder and that's it. the saves didn't want to work in the game and I couldn't do anything with that. So I just decided for myself not delete the game again... Thank you for your respond, I hope that someday I will find any solution for my trouble. And still hope that there are people who solved this issue.

NorthSnow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystalbaby21 on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 14:48

Take a look at my latest forum post in 'Mac Support' I had the same issues and after doing the ultimate fix, replacing the resource file that allows you to install custom content and doing a manual patch I no longer have any bugs or crashes or errors popping up. This is after installing 'Island Paradise' on a mac pro 2012 with other expansions. Smile

Chrystalbaby21
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The sims 3, the sims 3 expansions,
Female Posts : 5

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/wander_and_lust

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:57

NorthSnow wrote:I brought my saves to desktop and reinstalled the game. It was a few months ago when I had the problem with "Unknown Error occured" (by the way this forum helped me to get rid of it). Then I got back my saves to the EA folder and that's it. the saves didn't want to work in the game and I couldn't do anything with that. So I just decided for myself not delete the game again... Thank you for your respond, I hope that someday I will find any solution for my trouble. And still hope that there are people who solved this issue.
Sorry for the problems you had Wat. I dealt with the same stuff and I couldn't make the game work on my Macbook Air so I just gave up. Because game isn't optimized for Macs and there are some major problems we can't solve and EA doesn't solve them.

My only hope is being Sims 4 optimized for Macs and bug-free for Mac users.

//EDIT

Chrystalbaby21 wrote:Take a look at my latest forum post in 'Mac Support' I had the same issues and after doing the ultimate fix, replacing the resource file that allows you to install custom content and doing a manual patch I no longer have any bugs or crashes or errors popping up. This is after installing 'Island Paradise' on a mac pro 2012 with other expansions. Smile
Hello Chrystalbaby21,

Thanks for your enthusiasm to help others, but the problems we're talking here is more serious than sucessfully updating the game. I'm really glad that you find on your own the same tips we've been giving for 5 years and make your game work. But the problem here is people who have already applied the game, updated it, downloaded the custom content and done every possible thing you're offering as a solution, yet they couldn't work the game.

I appreciate your help, as sometimes I'm really having hard times with helping people because I'm only the official Mac helper and other helper friends don't understand from Macs. I really appreciate the help, but offering unnecessary advice isn't helping me at all. I hope you understand what I am saying. Still so happy for your game is working.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystalbaby21 on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 13:53

Phoebe, you couldn't even fix this persons game issue? Why are you shutting down my suggestion? How is it useless? The user hasn't tried what I suggested? All they have done is "deleted all CC and mods, cleared cache, deleted/renamed EA folder." Then you suggested reinstalling but they said they didn't want to lose their game data. Games4theworld say to use the ultimate fix if you run into game issues first. So why not suggest that and other things they haven't tried that helped me. I'd appreciate it if you stop commenting back to my post/comments with useless remarks.

Moderator edit: One more time. There is no need to quarrell about this. Let the topic creator decide what he or she wants to try. If you don't like Phoebe's methods, so be it. But stay friendly - or I will take more drastic measures.

- Carlos

Chrystalbaby21
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The sims 3, the sims 3 expansions,
Female Posts : 5

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/wander_and_lust

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 16:29

Chrystalbaby21 wrote:Phoebe, you couldn't even fix this persons game issue? Why are you shutting down my suggestion? How is it useless? The user hasn't tried what I suggested? All they have done is "deleted all CC and mods, cleared cache, deleted/renamed EA folder." Then you suggested reinstalling but they said they didn't want to lose their game data. Games4theworld say to use the ultimate fix if you run into game issues first. So why not suggest that and other things they haven't tried that helped me. I'd appreciate it if you stop commenting back to my post/comments with useless remarks.

Moderator edit: One more time. There is no need to quarrell about this. Let the topic creator decide what he or she wants to try. If you don't like Phoebe's methods, so be it. But stay friendly - or I will take more drastic measures.

- Carlos
Again, first of all,
We all applied the Ultimate Fix, smart girl. But Ultimate Fix doesn't fix it. I offered other kind of helps but for some people it can never be solved as I don't know even if you know that or not The Sims 3 isn't optimized for Macs.

Also, I am not sure you know or not, I am helper and I'm taking care of the Mac section so I am the one who can ask things from you, such as not spamming everywhere that you know somethings about Sims 3.

So behave. And it's definetely the last warning from me.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthSnow on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 18:57

Hey, don't argue. What is Ultimate FIX? I have tried something that called The sims 3 Fix, that I downloaded from this forum. There were the folders with crack and something else I don't really remember now. It didn't help though. 
From now, I have installed the other Sims 3 game on my mac (not deleting the crashing one), now I have two sims 3 games on my mac Very Happy But, to check it fully how the new one works I need to install all the 5 EP that I have in the crashing one, right? So, it will take a while... I've delved the folders in the game, then I even changed the cider file. But it's still the same. AND I have noticed something interesting - Yesterday I played the new game in Starlight city, and I almost didn't have any bugs. I was playing about half an hour and everything seemed to be ok. Soo, now I'm wondering maybe the problem is hiding  in my saves? Maybe it's too heavy or smth...

NorthSnow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 19:16

Hello,

Yep you applied the right Fix. That's why you can open your game, and test it. I was trying to explain not to confuse people with unnecessary information Wink

It happens to me all the time, old save files are huge so the more I am older with the game, the more laggy it's. Because data is getting bigger and bigger with older games and game can't cope with it. There are some suggestions to prevent game being bugy though. Like:

1. Keeping your Sims inventory empty as possible.
2. Also preventing game generating memory helps too. Memory makes the save files huge so preventing it helps. You can get the mod from here.
3. Always use different save files, and choose "Save As" option when you want to save. Start like "Example" and when you want to save, choose "save as" like "Example1" and keep going on. When there are lots of save files, just delete old ones. It'll keep the save files healthy as you changed them all the time.

Apply this little tricks and let me know the result in time Smile

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthSnow on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 19:28

I will try the steps you suggested! 
My sims don't really have many things in their inventory... And one notice - when I played in this new game in Starlight I've seen that the sims have many things in their inventory too. Such as books, cars, even dirty newspapers oO 
So, thank you I will try it and write another report. )

//EDIT

Well.. I downloaded "another" Sims 3 from other site and installed instead of official one (yeah, it's pirate but what else should I do?). All the EP are on their places, I even launched the game!  Everything seemed to be ok, but when the game loading the town it says guess what? Exception raised! Oh man... the game is totally turning against me. I think the reason is my save. 
And also I updated the game to 1.57 and can you say me plz how to update the EP or they don't need to?

Moderator edit: no double-posting please; use the "edit"-button to modify your original post. Wink

- Carlos

NorthSnow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 03:07

Hi, 

Are you still having an issue? You can try downloading the latest ultimate fix and apply it after updating to 1.57. It should solve your problem Smile
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs
Female Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthSnow on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 14:25

dieneryn wrote:Hi, 

Are you still having an issue? You can try downloading the latest ultimate fix and apply it after updating to 1.57. It should solve your problem Smile
I'm downloading it right now Smile I hope it will, all my fingers crossed Smile
Why are you sure that it should really help me? Your post sounds very confident

NorthSnow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 14:32

Hi,

The ultimate fix is required whenever there is a new patch out. And the fix for 1.57 only came out about 3 days ago. So it meant that your game would definitely face a problem since your post was from 3rd sep. 

Anyway, the fix is supposed to solve most problems.. if you are still facing the same problem please let me know so that I can think of other ways to help you. 

Let us know of your progress! Smile
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs
Female Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthSnow on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 19:10

Well, I played today for one sim-day (it's the progress).
I tried to save my game then, and it said to me (saving error 12), and after a minute the game crashed. I hate it all Sad

NorthSnow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 20:05

Hello,

Sorry to hear that. Error 12 is the real badass... Please see the Crinrict's blog to prevent those errors. Be sure to apply all the tricks then let us know the result.

Fingers are crossed for you!

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthSnow on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 18:03

Well guys, my report for now Very Happy
I made some thing that was on the site that Phoebe posted above. I've made the size of my saves much smaller.. from 160 mb to 120. And played brand new sim-day today! (can't believe I still can play it Very Happy) while playing I saw the RAM memory statistic and it showed much smaller than when I played the game with the crash. So my theory is right - the problem probably was in my saves size. I'll try to keep smaller, because RAM obviously depends on the saves. So, thank you Phoebe and dieneryn for not ignoring me and my problem. I hope that everything won't get worse again Smile And wanna say one advice for the people who has the same problem - KEEP YOUR SAVE SIZE AS SMALL AS POSSIBLE. How to do that watch the link in the post above.

NorthSnow
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 18:42

NorthSnow wrote:Well guys, my report for now Very Happy
I made some thing that was on the site that Phoebe posted above. I've made the size of my saves much smaller.. from 160 mb to 120. And played brand new sim-day today! (can't believe I still can play it Very Happy) while playing I saw the RAM memory statistic and it showed much smaller than when I played the game with the crash. So my theory is right - the problem probably was in my saves size. I'll try to keep smaller, because RAM obviously depends on the saves. So, thank you Phoebe and dieneryn for not ignoring me and my problem. I hope that everything won't get worse again Smile And wanna say one advice for the people who has the same problem - KEEP YOUR SAVE SIZE AS SMALL AS POSSIBLE. How to do that watch the link in the post above.
So happy to being able to help you Smile Like you said, it's key to keep your save files small, like not filling the Sims' inventory, also you can try mods about preventing the game creating automatic memories. 

If you need anything, please feel free to ask us. As the problem solved, topic is closed.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum