Few questions (origin, account, downloads)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Few questions (origin, account, downloads)

Post by vaikepois on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 15:18

Hello!

So I bought Sims 3 from Humble Bundle and thus I got few questions.

1. After downloading all expansion packs & stuff packs how do I select which one I start game with?
2. Will login online cause any problems?
3. Anything else I should be aware off?

What I did

1. After installing stuck i got from bundle I downloaded and installed all the expansion packs & stuff packs ( didnt do registry stuff and some other as some packs needed)
2. Installed manual patch
3. Downloaded Ultimate fix and applied crack
4. Started game through launcher (which started origin and then sims 3 launcher)

vaikepois
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Few questions (origin, account, downloads)

Post by J.T. on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 15:25

vaikepois wrote:Hello!

1. After downloading all expansion packs & stuff packs how do I select which one I start game with?

What I did

1. After installing stuck i got from bundle I downloaded and installed all the expansion packs & stuff packs ( didnt do registry stuff and some other as some packs needed)
4. Started game through launcher (which started origin and then sims 3 launcher)
Hello,

I am going to answer your questions one by one:

1. You can install the expansion packs and stuff packs in different orders.
2. No, it will not. There are no differences between cracked version and legal version. The only difference is cracked version needs crack to avoid "No Disk" error.
3. Yes, after installing the base game from Origin and expansion packs/stuff packs you want, you must apply the manual patch. Afterwards, download the Ultimate Fix and drag and drop the content of the #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (NOT the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin).

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaikepois on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 15:44

cat2006house wrote:

What I did

Hello,

2. No, it will not. There are no differences between cracked version and legal version. The only difference is cracked version needs crack to avoid "No Disk" error.
3. Yes, after installing the base game from Origin and expansion packs/stuff packs you want, you must apply the manual patch. Afterwards, download the Ultimate Fix and drag and drop the content of the #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (NOT the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin).

Thank you for your answer. But this still doesent solve 1 question I have. Which is how do I select the expansion pack I want to play game with? From launcher or there is a way ingame ? Or i have to use the game shortcuts that each expansion & stuff pack created?

vaikepois
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 15:46

vaikepois wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

What I did

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. But this still doesent solve 1 question I have. Which is how do I select the expansion pack I want to play game with? From launcher or there is a way ingame ? Or i have to use the game shortcuts that each expansion & stuff pack created?
Hello,

The expansion packs are served as additions to the base game. They are not standalone games, so you can choose whatever shortcuts you want regarding the expansions and run the game by clicking the play button in the launcher or double-click the application TS3W.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin to start the game.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaikepois on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 15:53

cat2006house wrote:
vaikepois wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

What I did

Hello,

Hello,

The expansion packs are served as additions to the base game. They are not standalone games, so you can choose whatever shortcuts you want regarding the expansions and run the game by clicking the play button in the launcher or double-click the application TS3W.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin to start the game.
Thanks again. 1 last question. Does this forum also support mods (or have recommended ones?)

Last edited by vaikepois on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 16:00; edited 2 times in total

vaikepois
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 15:58

Hello,

We don't have mods available, but if you really want to know what sort of mods are trustworthy and will not cause crashes, please visit http://nraas.wikispaces.com/. Mod The Sims is also a great site for CC and mods. Please check out www.games4theworlddownloads.org if you want to download store content. 

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaikepois on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 16:01

Thank you.

Also found a problem. When i try to launch late night expansion pack it says "There was an error starting The Sims 3 launcher"

vaikepois
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 16:04

vaikepois wrote:Thank you.

Also found a problem. When i try to launch late night expansion pack it says "There was an error starting The Sims 3 launcher"
Hello,

Can you right-click the shortcut and run the launcher as administrator?

Last edited by cat2006house on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 16:16; edited 1 time in total

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaikepois on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 16:10

cat2006house wrote:

Hello,

Yep . That started launcher.. but now I spot another weird issue... no matter what expansion pack I start.. it still starts Island Paradise

vaikepois
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 16:13

vaikepois wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Hello,

Yep . That started launcher.. but now I spot another weird issue... no matter what expansion pack I start.. it still starts Island Paradise
Hello,

Because the latest expansion pack you installed is The Sims 3: Island Paradise, so the loading screen shows The Sims 3: Island Paradise loading screen. That's very normal.

Last edited by cat2006house on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 16:16; edited 1 time in total

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaikepois on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 16:16

cat2006house wrote:
vaikepois wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Hello,

Can you reight-click the shortcut and run the launcher as administrator?
Hello,

Because the latest expansion pack you installed is The Sims 3: Island Paradise, so the loading screen shows The Sims 3: Island Paradise loading screen. That's very normal.
Oh okay. So that means it still loads these expansion pack files that I started exe with?

vaikepois
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 16:17

vaikepois wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
vaikepois wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Hello,

Hello,

Oh okay. So that means it still loads these expansion pack files that I started exe with?
Hello,

Yes, the features of the expansion packs/stuff packs will be integrated into the base game.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaikepois on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 16:19

cat2006house wrote:
vaikepois wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
vaikepois wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Hello,

Hello,

Hello,

Yes, the features of the expansion packs/stuff packs will be integrated into the base game.
Thats good to know. Thank you for your help.

vaikepois
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 30 Aug 2013, 16:21

vaikepois wrote:Thats good to know. Thank you for your help.
Hello,

Anything we can help you with?

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: