Sims 3 Late Night
Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff
Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff
Sims 3 Pets
Sims 3 Showtime
Sims 3 Supernatural
Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
Sims 3 World Adventures

I installed the game and it runs perfectly. But the problem is, after I used the manual 1.55 patch which can be found here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

It automatically installed in Hard Disk E. ( I installed in Hard Disk D). So I cut and pasted to my base game Sims 3 folder.
When I tried to start the game as well as the launcher, it says "Unable to start game. Please reinstall base game". Since I've seen this forum has the best solution, I've registered here to post my problem. Maybe this kind of problem has already been posted, and I have missed it. Sorry if I posted the same problem anyway.
-SkyLancer-
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Skyrim, Warcraft III, Hinokakera, Pokemon (GameBoyAdvance), Saints Row the Third, GTA San Andreas Multiplayer, Bully Scholarship Edition
Male Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Patch Update Help

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 15:13

@-SkyLancer- wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but not to the game Smile
Anyway, here's my problem.
I got Sims 3 Deluxe Edition R.G Catalyst from my cousin that contains:

Sims 3 Base Game
Sims 3 Ambitions
Sims 3 Diesel Stuff
Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff
Sims 3 Generations
Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff
Sims 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats stuff
Sims 3 Late Night
Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff
Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff
Sims 3 Pets
Sims 3 Showtime
Sims 3 Supernatural
Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
Sims 3 World Adventures

I installed the game and it runs perfectly. But the problem is, after I used the manual 1.55 patch which can be found here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

It automatically installed in Hard Disk E. ( I installed in Hard Disk D). So I cut and pasted to my base game Sims 3 folder.
When I tried to start the game as well as the launcher, it says "Unable to start game. Please reinstall base game". Since I've seen this forum has the best solution, I've registered here to post my problem. Maybe this kind of problem has already been posted, and I have missed it. Sorry if I posted the same problem anyway.
Hello,

Which of the two is your your main-hard-drive ? And besides, you should never "cut and paste" game installation folders. So please, try to "undo" this again.

Then, can you try downloading the "Ultimate fix": http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly  Look at the instruction .pdf. Now, try to update with the launcher.

If that doesn't help, I suggest you get rid of this "Deluxe edition", and re-download all your games from Games4TheWorld: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -SkyLancer- on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 15:19

Well, the main hard drive for mine is E. Supposed to be C but I don't know, something happens while formatting the PC and changes between C and E. Well, in hard drive E has 40 GB or less while Hard Drive D has 220GB so I installed it in Hard Drive D. When I opened the patch v1.55 it automatically install in hard drive E so I have no choice but to cut and paste the contents to the Sims 3 installation folder which is located at Hard Drive D. So what should I do anyway, reinstall the base game?
-SkyLancer-
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Skyrim, Warcraft III, Hinokakera, Pokemon (GameBoyAdvance), Saints Row the Third, GTA San Andreas Multiplayer, Bully Scholarship Edition

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 15:24

@-SkyLancer- wrote:Well, the main hard drive for mine is E. Supposed to be C but I don't know, something happens while formatting the PC and changes between C and E. Well, in hard drive E has 40 GB or less while Hard Drive D has 220GB so I installed it in Hard Drive D. When I opened the patch v1.55 it automatically install in hard drive E so I have no choice but to cut and paste the contents to the Sims 3 installation folder which is located at Hard Drive D. So what should I do anyway, reinstall the base game?
Again, undo what you did before: move the folder that you "cut and pasted" back to where it was. Then try to update your game with the launcher (look at the instruction .pdf in the Ultimate fix download).

If that doesn't help, yes, then try to "re-install" the base game, but I'm afraid that it's not going to work.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -SkyLancer- on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 23:19

Alright so, I opened the Launcher and I can't update the game because it says:
Unable to connect to the EA download manager.
So what should I do?

My game version is 15.0.135.018001 anyway. Is it 1.50?

EDIT: Do I need patch 1.55 to install Dragon Valley anyway?
-SkyLancer-
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 23:36

@-SkyLancer- wrote:Alright so, I opened the Launcher and I can't update the game because it says:
Unable to connect to the EA download manager.
So what should I do?

My game version is 15.0.135.018001 anyway. Is it 1.50?

EDIT: Do I need patch 1.55 to install Dragon Valley anyway?
I have to admit, that I'm not sure what is wrong with the game (or maybe the computer). Have you already tried to copy the manual patch to drive "D", and running the patch from there ? And the only thing that is important is the version of the base game (the symbol in the launcher at the far left). There it should say  "1.xxxxx".

You can try installing "Dragon Valley", even if you can't patch, but I'm not sure about that either.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -SkyLancer- on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 23:42

Well, I have the Dragon Valley.sims3pack and I moved the file to the Downloads folder and it says it required Software update ( something like that ). Oh and I haven't try to copy the manual patch to drive D. Copy it in the Sims 3 Base Game folder or just the hard drive? And inside the Ultimate Fix, should I use the "All expansions pack released after and including Generations" even though I don't have University, 70's,80's and 90's stuffs, Seasons and Paradise Island?
-SkyLancer-
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 23:47

@-SkyLancer- wrote:Well, I have the Dragon Valley.sims3pack and I moved the file to the Downloads folder and it says it required Software update ( something like that ). Oh and I haven't try to copy the manual patch to drive D. Copy it in the Sims 3 Base Game folder or just the hard drive? And inside the Ultimate Fix, should I use the "All expansions pack released after and including Generations" even though I don't have University, 70's,80's and 90's stuffs, Seasons and Paradise Island?
Yes, use the folder "All expansions pack released after and including Generations".

And yes, try copying patch into the base game folder. Maybe that will help (although this is a bit awkward). Otherwise I suggest you wait for another Helper or Moderator; maybe someone else has a better idea on that.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cagil99 on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 02:45

Hello,
It seems like the "Deluxe Edition" (It is a modified version) has so many problems with manual patch and ultimate fix and stuff. I suggest you uninstall the deluxe edition with "Your Installer" in supermode and then downloading all expansions and base game from G4TW (www.games4theworld.org). Make sure to read this before uninstalling. Also please extract the torrents with WinRAR only. Other archivers and utilities may corrupt the file.

Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster (Changing Clothes are Faster etc)

Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
cagil99
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :