Heavy stuttering, freezing, and lag, even on low speed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heavy stuttering, freezing, and lag, even on low speed.

Post by tassaadaru on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 16:30

Greetings everyone, and thanks for taking the time to read this post. Hopefully, we can find a solution to my (and many other peoples') problem.

I've installed TS3 with all expansions a week ago, and reinstalled it today, after fighting with the freezing and stuttering problem for a while now (3 days).

First, let me start off by telling you what I have installed, what I have tried, and my specs.

System Specifications:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-Core CPU, 4GHz, AM3+
MB: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 Motherboard
GPU: MSI GeForce 560Ti Hawk 1GB DDR5
RAM: 16GB Corsair Dual Channel DDR3 800MHz
My system blows up the game requirements for the latest expansion:

Addons/Mods/Custom Content Installed:

I've installed some NRaas mods, which are:

NRaas_Animator.package
NRaas_DebugEnabler.package
NRaas_ErrorTrap.package
NRaas_GoHere.package
NRaas_Hybrid.package
NRaas_MasterController.package
NRaas_MasterControllerCheats.package
NRaas_MasterControllerExpandedTattoo.package
NRaas_MasterControllerIntegration.package
NRaas_MasterControllerProgression.package
NRaas_OnceRead.package
NRaas_Overwatch.package
NRaas_Register.package
NRaas_Relativity.package
NRaas_Saver.package
NRaas_StoryProgression.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionCareer.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionCopsAndRobbers.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionExtra.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionLovers.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionMeanies.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionMoney.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionOthers.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionPopulation.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionRelationship.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionSkill.package
NRaas_StoryProgressionVampiresAndSlayers.package
NRaas_StoryProgression_Ultimate_Custom_NameList.package
NRaas_UntranslatedKey.package
NRaas_Vector.package
NRaas_VectorDataGoofy.package
NRaas_VectorDataLongTerm.package
NRaas_VectorDataMinor.package
NRaas_VectorDataZombie.package
NRaas_Woohooer.package
NRaas_WoohooerHotAirBalloon.package
NRaas_WoohooerKamaSimtra.package
NRaas_WoohooerMassageTable.package
NRaas_WoohooerSauna.package
NRaas_WoohooerShowerOutdoor.package
NRaas_Woohooer_Scoring.package

I've also installed some custom content (I used CCMagic to combine the below packages into the Mods folder, and they're loaded by the game at start), which is:

Beryl Forest Festival and Campgrounds (Hidden Springs) A.package
Beryl Forest Festival and Campgrounds (Hidden Springs) B.package
Civic Center Festival Grounds (Lucky Palms) A.package
Civic Center Festival Grounds (Lucky Palms) B.package
Crowe's Nest Recreational Festival Grounds (Barnacle Bay) A.package
Crowe's Nest Recreational Festival Grounds (Barnacle Bay) B.package
Festival Grounds at the Cannery (Riverview) A.package
Festival Grounds at the Cannery (Riverview) B.package
Memories of Seasonal Festival (Lunar Lakes) A.package
Memories of Seasonal Festival (Lunar Lakes) B.package
Sims 3 Store (Premium Content) Fixes.package
Sims 3 Store Updates 01-20 v1.2.1.package
Sims 3 Store Updates 21-40 v1.2.1.package
Sims 3 Store Updates 41-45 v1.2.1.package
Sunlit Tides Festival Grounds (Sunlit Tides) A.package
Sunlit Tides Festival Grounds (Sunlit Tides) B.package
Barnacle Bay.Sims3Pack
Hidden Springs.Sims3Pack
Lucky Palms Deluxe.Sims3Pack
Lunar Lakes.Sims3Pack
Monte Vista.Sims3Pack
Riverview.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Al Fresco Marke Set.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Arcade Regency Set.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Gothique Library Set.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Greenhouse Set.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Ice Lounge Set - EP8 Set.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Katy Perry Set - EP6 Set.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Lucky Simoleon Set.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Monte Vista Festival Grounds.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Movie Theater Modern.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Olympian Physique Set.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Pet Store - EP5 Set.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Stadium DrPepper.Sims3Pack
Sims 3 Building - Venue Stage Set - EP6 Set.Sims3Pack
Sunlit Tides Deluxe.Sims3Pack

Let's move on with what I tried so far, without success, and what is happening to my game:

I was playing the game and everything was fine. A few days ago, like 4 days ago, my computer froze and restarted unexpectedly while I was saving my game. I freaked, since I didn't have any other save to revert to, and this one was 60+ hours played. I rebooted, loaded the game, the save was there, but there was no family portrait. I loaded it up, and instead of Moonlight Falls, the loading screen was of Sunset Valley, the town I moved to Moonlight Hills from, the town where I started. The game kept loading, and after loading completely I was back in Moonlight Falls. I ignored the glitch, and kept playing.

A few days ago, I noticed a slight slow down (when I did *NOT* have any mods installed, just the custom content), of the game. After a few, a roommate bugged and got added to my family as a controllable Sim, after the family won a free trip to wherever. I've drowned her, and accidentally deleted the tombstone when I deleted the pool (I forgot that I could simply use the phone and kick her out). All was well, but the game kept getting slower. I thought it was my computer, checked everything, even installed beta drivers from nVidia, to no success. Whenever I loaded my last save, or any save with the current family (Main char, a genie and a simbot), it would lag the hell out. Animations on the trees and water kept "animating", but everything else was freezing and stuttering even on 1/3 speed. I could hardly move the camera, it was unplayable.

I've tried the DEP solution, I've combined my CC with CCMagic (yesterday), gave it a go, no success.
I removed all my custom content and mods. No success.
I tried moving to another town, same stuttering and lagging.
Kicked out 3 members (of 6) of my lot, same stuttering and lagging.
I tried another earlier (45'ish minutes before this one, tombstone deleted) save, same thing.
I've tried cleaning my saves with Save Cleaner 2.1. I even disabled and cleared all memories.
I've tried disabling everything and loading the game without any CC or mods, no go.
I've tried everything in the "Ultimate Fix" on this site, no go.
I even reinstalled the game and tried then, clean, without CC and Mods, no go. With: no go.
Every damn game runs maxed out on my PC, but this damn save is giving me a headache so bad... And I really would like to keep the save.

As a note, I've tried a new game and there's no stuttering, everything's working okay.

If there's any solution that you can think of that could solve my problem, please let me know, I'm open to suggestions. I'd very much like to continue playing that save, as I don't think it's corrupted (or, meh, so much)... If any of you knows a tool to "extract" my Sim with all his belongings (I could care less about the genie and simbot, I can get others), but I've worked very much on the main Sim, which is the reason I don't want to lose this save and this Sim.

Thank you for taking the time to read this wall of text, and I am hopeful that some of you could lend a hand in figuring out what the hell is wrong with this game or this save.
Don't hesitate to speak technical stuff, I am an IT engineer, so I could understand many things, but why this game is so damn buggy eludes me...

Thank you again for the time, and I shall await your answers, if any.

Good day!

//EDIT

A quick reply, what's installed is:

The Sims 3
The Sims 3 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff
The Sims 3 Ambitions
The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3 Generations
The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3 Island Paradise
The Sims 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
The Sims 3 Late Night
The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff
The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff
The Sims 3 Pets
The Sims 3 Seasons
The Sims 3 Showtime
The Sims 3 Supernatural
The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3 University Life
The Sims 3 World Adventures

Patch version: 1.55.4.022002

tassaadaru
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Quake, Doom, Crysis, WoW, StarCraft, WarCraft, Sims, NFS: MW1, others.
Male Posts : 4

View user profile http://tassadaronline.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Heavy stuttering, freezing, and lag, even on low speed.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 19:33

Hello,

Try this: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. Now, see if there is a folder that looks like this: (Name of your 60+hours savegame).sims3.backup.

Is there such a folder ? If yes, then you have to move the following folder out first: (Name of your 60+hours savegame).sims3. Move it onto the desktop - or any other place, but just out.

Now, go back to the folder I mentioned first; remove the ".backup" ending in the folder's name, so that it looks like the one that you just moved out before.

Then try starting the game (it's possible that you will lose some progress) and see if anything improved. If not, you will probably have to try playing a new savegame (with new sims). For the future, you should back up your whole savefolder (My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves) regularly, to a safe place.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tassaadaru on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 19:41

Greetings, and thanks for the reply.

I have 3 different sets of back-ups since the game started stuttering uncontrollably, because I wanted to make sure that if I "clean" a savegame I don't corrupt it further (that's what I believe the culprit is), and I have tried the .backup game as well (since the game exited abnormally, it didn't delete the contents of the folder). I also tried currentgame.backup one as well. Same result. The game is hardly playable at speed 1, and is heavily lagging and freezing on speed 2 and 3 is unplayable. I just push "3" on my keyboard and my Sim starts teleporting to perform the tasked actions, and the camera teleports with him. It's unbearable.

Is there *ANY* way to maybe recover my Sim without the lot and all that shenanigans, but retain it's value, skills, and so on and so forth?

If I would, per-se, evict him, bulldoze the whole damn lot and throw a dynamite in the mix as well, then move him back, on the barren lot, would he still have his Simoleons, investments, job and so on? I was reluctant on doing that, but maybe that's the only solution that could help my progress with this save...

Would love some imput, and as always, thanks for the help!

// EDIT

Is there any software that could move my Sim only to a barren new save, but retain it's skills and so on and so forth?

When in darkness or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

tassaadaru
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Quake, Doom, Crysis, WoW, StarCraft, WarCraft, Sims, NFS: MW1, others.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 19:46

@tassaadaru wrote:Greetings, and thanks for the reply.

I have 3 different sets of back-ups since the game started stuttering uncontrollably, because I wanted to make sure that if I "clean" a savegame I don't corrupt it further (that's what I believe the culprit is), and I have tried the .backup game as well (since the game exited abnormally, it didn't delete the contents of the folder). I also tried currentgame.backup one as well. Same result. The game is hardly playable at speed 1, and is heavily lagging and freezing on speed 2 and 3 is unplayable. I just push "3" on my keyboard and my Sim starts teleporting to perform the tasked actions, and the camera teleports with him. It's unbearable.

Is there *ANY* way to maybe recover my Sim without the lot and all that shenanigans, but retain it's value, skills, and so on and so forth?

If I would, per-se, evict him, bulldoze the whole damn lot and throw a dynamite in the mix as well, then move him back, on the barren lot, would he still have his Simoleons, investments, job and so on? I was reluctant on doing that, but maybe that's the only solution that could help my progress with this save...

Would love some imput, and as always, thanks for the help!
You can try to go into "Edit town"-mode, and then save your sim(s) into the "bin". Then, make a new savegame and put your sim(s) into it. Then play on for a while to see if anything improved.

If not, then your sim (from the 60+ hours save) might be corrupted, and unless you are a really good programmer, there is nothing I know that you could try, to "repair" a savegame. Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tassaadaru on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 19:54

Thank you again for the promptitude, Carlos. (I got the forum on autorefresh every 5 mins).

I'll move the Sim to bin and start a new game with the Sim in the same town. Should I sell all my properties before putting him in a bin to get the $$$ or they'll remain active if I move the sim into the same town? I'll await your reply, try whatever you will think I should, and will report back with results and findings.

Have a great day! Smile

tassaadaru
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 19:57

@tassaadaru wrote:Thank you again for the promptitude, Carlos. (I got the forum on autorefresh every 5 mins).

I'll move the Sim to bin and start a new game with the Sim in the same town. Should I sell all my properties before putting him in a bin to get the $$$ or they'll remain active if I move the sim into the same town? I'll await your reply, try whatever you will think I should, and will report back with results and findings.

Have a great day! Smile
The thing with the money is a good question, I never payed attention to that myself. Laughing  Yes, of course, try selling a few things then.

But don't thnk me yet, I'm not sure if putting that sim into a new savegame can help, but it's worth trying. Still.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tassaadaru on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 20:45

Reporting back, the sim new game save didn't fix the stuttering problem, but now I've tried a new game with a family of three, and the stuttering's still there. I guess it's a general game issue now, it's lagging and stuttering even on new games... Any ideas?

PS: All items, lifetime rewards and money transfer once you evict your sim and move him to the clipboard, all bought properties are lost and the money you put in them as well.

tassaadaru
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 22:07

@tassaadaru wrote:Reporting back, the sim new game save didn't fix the stuttering problem, but now I've tried a new game with a family of three, and the stuttering's still there. I guess it's a general game issue now, it's lagging and stuttering even on new games... Any ideas?

PS: All items, lifetime rewards and money transfer once you evict your sim and move him to the clipboard, all bought properties are lost and the money you put in them as well.
Can you try renaming your "The Sims 3" folder in My Documents/Electronic Arts ? Rename it into anything you want. Although this will remove all your savefiles and mods/CC, you should try that now.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum