Packages not working with cracked version 1.0.631.0002

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Packages not working with cracked version 1.0.631.0002

Post by tripl3tt on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 19:17

I recently downloaded a cracked Sims 3 1.0.631.0002. I've done everything all of the guides have said to do and they just don't appear in game. I made the Mods folder in the programfiles/electronicarts/the sims 3. And inside of that I also made the packages folder and got a resource.cfg from a hair mod from peggyzone. So to clarify inside my Mods folder there is a Packages folder and a Resource.cfg file. And inside the packages folder I placed my .package hair mod. I'm completely new to modding the Sims 3 and new to this website. If this is in the wrong forum, my apologies. I did do a search for this problem on the website and I could not find a solution.

My resource.cfg looks like this. I just want to make sure this is correct because i've no idea what the problem is.

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package

tripl3tt
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1785
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Packages not working with cracked version 1.0.631.0002

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 19:20

@tripl3tt wrote:I recently downloaded a cracked Sims 3 1.0.631.0002. I've done everything all of the guides have said to do and they just don't appear in game. I made the Mods folder in the programfiles/electronicarts/the sims 3. And inside of that I also made the packages folder and got a resource.cfg from a hair mod from peggyzone. So to clarify inside my Mods folder there is a Packages folder and a Resource.cfg file. And inside the packages folder I placed my .package hair mod. I'm completely new to modding the Sims 3 and new to this website. If this is in the wrong forum, my apologies. I did do a search for this problem on the website and I could not find a solution.

My resource.cfg looks like this. I just want to make sure this is correct because i've no idea what the problem is.

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.Sims3Mod
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Hello,

The "Mods" folder goes into the following location: My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. The resource.cfg is inside that Mods folder. Then the actual ".package" files go into
My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages. Wink


_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4


Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16246
Points : 21665
Reputation : 2346
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Packages not working with cracked version 1.0.631.0002

Post by tripl3tt on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 19:21

I was told if my version was not above I think 1.29, I was told to put it in the program files instead of the documents

//EDIT

I cut and pasted the Mods folder from the program files to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and they still dont show in game

tripl3tt
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1785
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Packages not working with cracked version 1.0.631.0002

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 19:36

@tripl3tt wrote:I was told if my version was not above I think 1.29, I was told to put it in the program files instead of the documents

//EDIT

I cut and pasted the Mods folder from the program files to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and they still dont show in game
Can you try to update your whole game, by using this patch here ? http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch



_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4


Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16246
Points : 21665
Reputation : 2346
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Packages not working with cracked version 1.0.631.0002

Post by tripl3tt on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 19:44

I figured it out with my current version. What does updating with that link do? Will I still be able to play with a cracked version?

tripl3tt
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1785
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Packages not working with cracked version 1.0.631.0002

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 19:49

@tripl3tt wrote:I figured it out with my current version. What does updating with that link do? Will I still be able to play with a cracked version?
Hello again,

Patching the game basically "updates" it: the patch adds new functions, corrects some errors, etc.

You can use Games4TheWorld's crack, the so-called "Ultimate fix", but you will need at least one of the expansions mentioned, namely in this guide here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly  Please read this very carefully, and normally you should be fine. Smile

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4


Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16246
Points : 21665
Reputation : 2346
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Packages not working with cracked version 1.0.631.0002

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum