loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

Post by llforbiddenll on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 03:47

The game itself doesn't just crash.. all of a sudden, when I start a new game and it goes to load the world, it gets to the end (or at least close to the end) and the computer restarts, and says there was an error and the system did not shut down properly.. everything else seems to be working fine.. and I've tried running the game without cc, to see if it was something there messing with it, but it didn't help, and I honestly didn't think it would.. I'm rather concerned for the computer honestly.. Ive been playing recently without any problems, and I left yesterday, and came back today and decided to try playing, and started a new game, but it just keeps doing this... I'm at a complete loss.. and the house is without internet at the moment, I'm having to do some research on my phone..
avatar
llforbiddenll
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Call of Duty, Voodoo Vince, Skyrim, Minecraft
Female Posts : 34
Points : 1872
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-18
Age : 22
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 03:54

llforbiddenll wrote:The game itself doesn't just crash.. all of a sudden, when I start a new game and it goes to load the world, it gets to the end (or at least close to the end) and the computer restarts, and says there was an error and the system did not shut down properly.. everything else seems to be working fine.. and I've tried running the game without cc, to see if it was something there messing with it, but it didn't help, and I honestly didn't think it would.. I'm rather concerned for the computer honestly.. Ive been playing recently without any problems, and I left yesterday, and came back today and decided to try playing, and started a new game, but it just keeps doing this... I'm at a complete loss.. and the house is without internet at the moment, I'm having to do some research on my phone..
Hello,

Since you cannot connect to the Internet via your pc, I don't think you can try all the steps in this guide (especially when you are asked to download the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix). How did you remove your CC exactly? Did you delete the content of the folder "DCCache" and remove the folder "Mods"?

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5877
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

Post by llforbiddenll on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 04:06

I've downloaded ep's from here many times, and followed all the guides, and was playing just fine for weeks, and now this is happening, I hadn't made any changes, downloaded, uninstalled anything, but this has happened anytime I've tried to create a new game.. I just tried to load a saved game, and it loaded just fine.. but once again, as I go to create a new game, it crashes at the loading screen..

and no, let me try that and see what happens.

_________________
avatar
llforbiddenll
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Call of Duty, Voodoo Vince, Skyrim, Minecraft
Female Posts : 34
Points : 1872
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-18
Age : 22
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 04:10

llforbiddenll wrote:I've downloaded ep's from here many times, and followed all the guides, and was playing just fine for weeks, and now this is happening, I hadn't made any changes, downloaded, uninstalled anything, but this has happened anytime I've tried to create a new game.. I just tried to load a saved game, and it loaded just fine.. but once again, as I go to create a new game, it crashes at the loading screen..

and no, let me try that and see what happens.
Hello,

If this doesn't work, I suggest you delete the following files (mostly caches) and try again:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
-the content of the folder "CurrentGame.sims3"

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5877
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

Post by llforbiddenll on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 04:30

sadly, it still crashes the computer and sends me to Windows error recovery start screen.. I would just uninstall the Sims, and reinstall everything, but I'm not connected to the internet to download any patches or anything. ;-;
-sighs- how frustrating.

What about the contents of DCBackup? And collections and what not?
avatar
llforbiddenll
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Call of Duty, Voodoo Vince, Skyrim, Minecraft
Female Posts : 34
Points : 1872
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-18
Age : 22
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 04:32

llforbiddenll wrote:sadly, it still crashes the computer and sends me to Windows error recovery start screen.. I would just uninstall the Sims, and reinstall everything, but I'm not connected to the internet to download any patches or anything. ;-;
-sighs- how frustrating.

What about the contents of DCBackup? And collections and what not?
Hello,

.dbc file inside this folder is where the official store content is installed, while .ebc file is where 3rd party CC is installed. Have you deleted them all (I mean the content of this folder)?

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5877
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

Post by llforbiddenll on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 04:47

Of the DCBackup folder?

_________________
avatar
llforbiddenll
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Call of Duty, Voodoo Vince, Skyrim, Minecraft
Female Posts : 34
Points : 1872
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-18
Age : 22
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 04:49

llforbiddenll wrote:Of the DCBackup folder?
Hello,

No, I mean the folder "DCCache". If all these doesn't work somehow, I suggest you rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and try again.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5877
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

Post by llforbiddenll on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 05:15

-sighs- I don't understand this. I can still load games, but I can't start a new one, & I've tried clearing everything out like you said but its still crashing.

_________________
avatar
llforbiddenll
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Call of Duty, Voodoo Vince, Skyrim, Minecraft
Female Posts : 34
Points : 1872
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-18
Age : 22
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 05:42

llforbiddenll wrote:-sighs- I don't understand this. I can still load games, but I can't start a new one, & I've tried clearing everything out like you said but its still crashing.
Hello,

Can you list the mods here? Some mods need to be disabled before removing.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5877
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: loading a world crashes computer. [SOLVED]

Post by llforbiddenll on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 05:51

The only mod I had was one to boost skill learning by %50, but I decided to just re install my custom content and play on my saved games until we got internet again and I was going to uninstall the game and reinstall everything, but after I installed everything I decided once more to try my luck before giving up, and it worked this time. -_- after everything....
I'm sorry, but thank you so much for helping. I really do appreciate it! You prevented me from breaking down and probably throwing the computer or something. Hahaha


Helper Edit: Glad to hear that you have solved the issue. Topic closed.

-cat2006house

_________________
avatar
llforbiddenll
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Call of Duty, Voodoo Vince, Skyrim, Minecraft
Female Posts : 34
Points : 1872
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-18
Age : 22
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum