Updated 1.57 by accident. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updated 1.57 by accident. [SOLVED]

Post by desantis1121 on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 15:28

Fellow simmers,

I was not aware that I was not able to update the patch 1.57 without waiting for a crack. So dumb I downloaded (the greatpatch 1.57) now my launcher gives me: there was an error during start up. Please see log for more detail.

Does this meas i LOST everything?? Or will the crack work and resolve this. And if so is it known when the crack will arrive?? 

Thank you so much to take the time to try to help. Means the simsworld to me Very Happy

Last edited by Shamrock on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:11; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1The Sims 3 plumbob  The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1The Sims 3 plumbob  The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 
desantis1121
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : TS3
Female Posts : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated 1.57 by accident. [SOLVED]

Post by larsV on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 15:52

just wait till the crack comes out,you haven`t lost anything,everything is still there,the only thing is you can`t play the sims till the crack(well i thought there was a way to remove the update but not sure how) but till the crack is done you can`t play the sims

Last edited by larsV on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 15:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

larsV
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims,gta,football manager
Male Posts : 106

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by desantis1121 on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 16:08

thank you, at least my game is safe. How long does it usually take for a crack to come out?

The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1The Sims 3 plumbob  The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1The Sims 3 plumbob  The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1 
desantis1121
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 16:26

Hello all,

In that case you might want to try the "temporary fix" from here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

That's actually the NRAAS No-CD mod.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 22:24; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by desantis1121 on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 18:20

Thanks, but it did not work. still same error Sad

desantis1121
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 18:21

@desantis1121 wrote:Thanks, but it did not work. still same error Sad
Hello,

That mod is still not updated yet. I suggest you wait for the latest Ultimate Fix. It will be released soon. Be patient!

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by desantis1121 on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 18:22

thank you!! Will be clued to the site for it. Hoped to play this weekend.. Super bummed

desantis1121
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 06 Sep 2013, 22:31

@desantis1121 wrote:thank you!! Will be clued to the site for it. Hoped to play this weekend.. Super bummed
A new version of the "Ultimate fix" will be released soon; as well as a new version of the No-CD mod. While technically you can choose which "way" you want to go, applying the "Ultimate fix" is probably a bit easier.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 00:47

@desantis1121 wrote:thank you!! Will be clued to the site for it. Hoped to play this weekend.. Super bummed
Hello,

Please remove the No-CD Mod before applying the Ultimate Fix!

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by desantis1121 on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:49

I used the fix. Did not work. Uninstalled EVERYTHING! (Saved my games though and cc) my game is completely wiped out as wikisims advises.

When I open origin (sims 3 base original, everything original upto pets!) it ssays "play game" when I click on that I get the same error even though I uninstalled it all...

So lost Sad

desantis1121
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:51

@desantis1121 wrote:I used the fix. Did not work. Uninstalled EVERYTHING! (Saved my games though and cc) my game is completely wiped out as wikisims advises.

When I open origin (sims 3 base original, everything original upto pets!) it ssays "play game" when I click on that I get the same error even though I uninstalled it all...

So lost Sad
Hello,

You are not supposed to uninstall the game. Why did you uninstall the game instead of waiting for the newest Ultimate Fix (which is released today)?

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by desantis1121 on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 13:23

I know, which I dowloaded and applied. It still gave me the same error. Then I decided to remove all and the sims is uninstalled but cannot re-install when I open origin it says: play instead of install so I click play and gives me the same error....

desantis1121
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 14:13

Please check in your installed programs, uninstall from there.
If there isn't anything there, please uninstall Origin as well.
Then go back to install.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 14:19

@desantis1121 wrote:I know, which I dowloaded and applied. It still gave me the same error. Then I decided to remove all and the sims is uninstalled but cannot re-install when I open origin it says: play instead of install so I click play and gives me the same error....
Hello,

Because of your impatience, you didn't try fixing The Sims 3. Instead you uninstalled The Sims 3 without even removing the registry (a requirement of uninstallation). Now read this guide carefully. Uninstall it with the help of this guide and try again. Please, let us know if there is/are any problem(s) or error(s) encountered (if any) before attempting to reinstall, or else you will have to take the consequences yourself.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by desantis1121 on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 17:43

That manual is what I used. Step for step. I searched my entire pc for traces of sims and could not find anything. 

When I opened Origin it would still say play. Then I clicked on ambitions and it required to uninstall sims3 once more. Clicked ok. it said invalid path so I closed origin and reinstalled it and finally it said "download".

My game was not functioning with or without the new fix. I had no choice but to uninstall. When I would open my launcher it gave me: version 0.00.000. Trust me last thing I wanted was to reinstall it all

desantis1121
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 01:45

@desantis1121 wrote:That manual is what I used. Step for step. I searched my entire pc for traces of sims and could not find anything. 

When I opened Origin it would still say play. Then I clicked on ambitions and it required to uninstall sims3 once more. Clicked ok. it said invalid path so I closed origin and reinstalled it and finally it said "download".

My game was not functioning with or without the new fix. I had no choice but to uninstall. When I would open my launcher it gave me: version 0.00.000. Trust me last thing I wanted was to reinstall it all
Hello,

I have a solution for this (without reinstallation). But you seem to be too impatient to listen. Now, tell me the progress. Does it work (with the help of the guide I have shown you)?

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by desantis1121 on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:42

No as I said before that guide you sent me is the one I used to uninstall it. I uninstalled origin which solved the issue. Now I am reinstalling them all. As soon as it works I will let you guys know. Thanks for the help Smile

desantis1121
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:13

Good. I thought it would.
Please let us know the result!

Shamrock  

Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by desantis1121 on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:48

Yes thank you very much Shamrock!

Does anybody know how the launcher could get messed up like that. It lso said Sims3 base game was missing before I uninstalled everything...

//EDIT

It's been better than it ever has!!

desantis1121
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 16:19

Hello,

Good Smile ! Is your problem solved?

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by desantis1121 on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 14:38

Yes all problems are solved, not even any crashes, or error 12 (hard to understand considering that is linked due to lack of memory!!) occasionally a freeze, and thats it! 

Happy simmer Smile

desantis1121
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:11

Problem solved, topic locked.

Shamrock  

Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum