I may be in trouble. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I may be in trouble. [SOLVED]

Post by amashu on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 08:47

Background: I downloaded my first EP from here with Island Paradise when it was first available. have been using installation guides and whatnot to figure out how to do this. up until now everything had been store bought. 

so here's the deal: when I downloaded the the ultimate fix when it got updated for the new patch. apparently the file was not complete and got corrupted. Now I'm not very tech savvy with some things and thought that some files showed up in the folder I chose to extract to, that those files were there and that the rest (the guide for example) simply did not make it for whatever reason.  so I used the video to replace the files for the expansion packs I have installed right now and tried to start the launcher to update. instead got a message saying start up could not complete. 

once I realized what exactly happened, I redownloaded the file (this probably took an hour). I slept while this happened. I extracted the entire file without a problem. thinking that since I had copied the files and couldn't open the launcher, maybe copying these would fix it, to no avail. I have not copied island paradise files yet, or applied the crack, since the guide said to do that after. 

so, since I used these files to replace ones in store bought games, do I need to re-install the games, or is there an easier way to do this? I would hate to have to do that, but will understand if it's the only way to play. I haven't played since the patch came out and am very addicted, so I'm getting antsy. I really wish I had known more going in, but I didn't know or think anything differently about the mix of legit and downloaded games. 

please be gentle- I know that I'm probably being really really stupid with my decisions, but I tried to discreetly ask someone for help, only to be told I had to share my idiocy with everyone since support isn't given through PM's here.

amashu
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I may be in trouble. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 08:53

amashu wrote:Background: I downloaded my first EP from here with Island Paradise when it was first available. have been using installation guides and whatnot to figure out how to do this. up until now everything had been store bought. 

so here's the deal: when I downloaded the the ultimate fix when it got updated for the new patch. apparently the file was not complete and got corrupted. Now I'm not very tech savvy with some things and thought that some files showed up in the folder I chose to extract to, that those files were there and that the rest (the guide for example) simply did not make it for whatever reason.  so I used the video to replace the files for the expansion packs I have installed right now and tried to start the launcher to update. instead got a message saying start up could not complete. 

once I realized what exactly happened, I redownloaded the file (this probably took an hour). I slept while this happened. I extracted the entire file without a problem. thinking that since I had copied the files and couldn't open the launcher, maybe copying these would fix it, to no avail. I have not copied island paradise files yet, or applied the crack, since the guide said to do that after. 

so, since I used these files to replace ones in store bought games, do I need to re-install the games, or is there an easier way to do this? I would hate to have to do that, but will understand if it's the only way to play. I haven't played since the patch came out and am very addicted, so I'm getting antsy. I really wish I had known more going in, but I didn't know or think anything differently about the mix of legit and downloaded games. 

please be gentle- I know that I'm probably being really really stupid with my decisions, but I tried to discreetly ask someone for help, only to be told I had to share my idiocy with everyone since support isn't given through PM's here.
Hello,

You mentioned in your pm that you have "Error during startup" right? If you have uninstalled an expansion before, please follow the video below:

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amashu on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 08:58

so, before I go any further, should I uninstall Late night and Base game? I'm sorry if the rest of my posts seem dumb, but I don't want to make any more mistakes than I already have. the message said to check the log, but I don't know how.

amashu
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 08:59

amashu wrote:so, before I go any further, should I uninstall Late night and Base game? I'm sorry if the rest of my posts seem dumb, but I don't want to make any more mistakes than I already have. the message said to check the log, but I don't know how.
Hello,

Did you even follow the solution I have given you?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amashu on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 09:08

no I hadn't. watched the video and followed along. only seeing registry items of things I have installed. video said to delete files of things I don't have, so I didn't delete anything. sorry.

amashu
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 09:15

amashu wrote:no I hadn't. watched the video and followed along. only seeing registry items of things I have installed. video said to delete files of things I don't have, so I didn't delete anything. sorry.
Hello,

Can we have a Teamviewer session to check it out? Download Teamviewer here: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx. Teamviewer grants me temporary control over your pc so that I can look into your problem deeply.

Give me your ID and password of "Remote Control" tab via private message.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amashu on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 02:45

after much appreciated help, I managed to get updated and played for a bit with no problems. Thank you.

Helper Edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

-cat2006house

amashu
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum