Game will not complete load with any type of cheaty mod

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game will not complete load with any type of cheaty mod

Post by ghostwrytr on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 21:04

I am going to say this in the beginning because I know that most people point at it as the cause....I have NOT updated!!!

Now I will tell you all what I have tried:
Day before yesterday I went to play my game and for what ever reason...It just goes black with a little hamster wheel turning. It had flashed the update option to me in the launcher, but I declined.  I have spent most of them time I was home yesterday and today trouble shooting, first by yanking my Sims 3 folder: the game works? good! So its gotta be the CC. Then I deleted the new Sims folder and put the old one back in but yanked my mods folder.  Game works?  Good!  So it's a mod!  Split the difference:  Left only the CC type packages and yanked anything that would change game play. Still works.  Ok...so it has to be one of my cheaty - type files.  I saw a post my someone else that I should 'only use nraas'  mods.  Well I thought to myself, what is the one and only mod I cannot live without?  Master Controller. I placed it into my mods folder and tried it....Hey would you look at that...it isn't working.  I removed it and tried a couple of benign mods they didn't work either. It seems that anything that alters game play is not allowing the game to start all the way. 

I have seen similar behavior before, but usually if I forget to yank my mods folder and have updated or installed a new EP.

Again I will state: I have NOT updated!  I am waiting for the store fix to be updated before I go there.

So do we have any thoughts about what would all of a sudden cause my cheaty stuff to stop working?  If I had updated I would not even be bothering you all because I am quite familiar with the process.  But this definitely has my brain in a tizzy.  I play this game purely for stress relief.  I work hard enough in RL...I don't want to have to 'work for it' in game play LOL!

Any help would be appreciated.

ghostwrytr
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims anything
Female Posts : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game will not complete load with any type of cheaty mod

Post by J.T. on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 01:43

@ghostwrytr wrote:I am going to say this in the beginning because I know that most people point at it as the cause....I have NOT updated!!!

Now I will tell you all what I have tried:
Day before yesterday I went to play my game and for what ever reason...It just goes black with a little hamster wheel turning. It had flashed the update option to me in the launcher, but I declined.  I have spent most of them time I was home yesterday and today trouble shooting, first by yanking my Sims 3 folder: the game works? good! So its gotta be the CC. Then I deleted the new Sims folder and put the old one back in but yanked my mods folder.  Game works?  Good!  So it's a mod!  Split the difference:  Left only the CC type packages and yanked anything that would change game play. Still works.  Ok...so it has to be one of my cheaty - type files.  I saw a post my someone else that I should 'only use nraas'  mods.  Well I thought to myself, what is the one and only mod I cannot live without?  Master Controller. I placed it into my mods folder and tried it....Hey would you look at that...it isn't working.  I removed it and tried a couple of benign mods they didn't work either. It seems that anything that alters game play is not allowing the game to start all the way. 

I have seen similar behavior before, but usually if I forget to yank my mods folder and have updated or installed a new EP.

Again I will state: I have NOT updated!  I am waiting for the store fix to be updated before I go there.

So do we have any thoughts about what would all of a sudden cause my cheaty stuff to stop working?  If I had updated I would not even be bothering you all because I am quite familiar with the process.  But this definitely has my brain in a tizzy.  I play this game purely for stress relief.  I work hard enough in RL...I don't want to have to 'work for it' in game play LOL!

Any help would be appreciated.
Hello,

What is the version of your base game?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwrytr on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 03:45

I have all the EPs and SPs and was using 1.55( just updated out of desperation and am now looking to see if any updated mods will work heading to Nraas as I type)

ghostwrytr
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 03:52

@ghostwrytr wrote:I have all the EPs and SPs and was using 1.55( just updated out of desperation and am now looking to see if any updated mods will work heading to Nraas as I type)
Hello,

Can you try redownloading one (compatible with v1.55) from www.nraas.wikispaces.com?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwrytr on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 04:25

I had tried that earlier when the issue first started.  Ironically the mod appears to be the same version.  That being said, I have news.  I do believe that it was kinda the EA way of 'making' you update, because the only thing that has changed is that I updated the game.  I tried relaunching after the update pretty much everything is working again.  I will test a little longer and see how it goes.

Edit:

Although I had momentary success I seem to have taken one step forward and two back.  With zero custom content the game runs... Now if I add anything, it doesn't work.

ghostwrytr
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 07:15

@ghostwrytr wrote:I had tried that earlier when the issue first started.  Ironically the mod appears to be the same version.  That being said, I have news.  I do believe that it was kinda the EA way of 'making' you update, because the only thing that has changed is that I updated the game.  I tried relaunching after the update pretty much everything is working again.  I will test a little longer and see how it goes.

Edit:

Although I had momentary success I seem to have taken one step forward and two back.  With zero custom content the game runs... Now if I add anything, it doesn't work.
Hello,

I suggest you rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and then run the game. Afterwards, place the mods, saves and .dbc and .ebc files in the folder "DCCache" (if any) to their original location in the new folder. See if there is any difference.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwrytr on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 19:15

So...I tried your recommendation Cat.  It appears I now have kinda the opposite problem of what I had originally.  My game will now load with cheaty stuff but does not load with cars, walls, or clothing. Of course now my game is bugging me to update the store content...which I don't want to because the new store fix is not out yet.  I am starting to think that I will have to start my games all over again because I have .package CC through out ever game I have saved.  So if I can't get my stuff to load I am going to have a serious problem.

Edit:  Finally said f* it and updated the store content, the cars now load.  It seems to be hit or miss.  So new question that relates to this issue.  Did they somehow put a cap on how much CC you can have?  I know that in Sims 2 for some strange reason they limited the RAM you could use.  I have 8GBs of RAM.  My game had no issue handling all the CC I have before and I have not added anything new to the line up.  If anything I have actually gotten rid of some CC.  I just don't understand how it just suddenly stopped working. Frustrating to say the least.  I am going back to my 'add and remove to see what works' game now.  I will report any progress or lack of.....

Edit 2:  Every time I think I have it solved it gets worse.  I was loading things one at a time in the hopes that if a problem file came up I could isolate it.  That is not the case, it seems that once something triggers the stall it doesn't want to come back.  Worst case scenario is that I have to completely reinstall my store content.  It takes forever and I just recently had to do it(anytime I install a new EP or SP I ditch any in progress games and start fresh)

Last edited by ghostwrytr on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 21:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update on progress)

ghostwrytr
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:05

@ghostwrytr wrote:So...I tried your recommendation Cat.  It appears I now have kinda the opposite problem of what I had originally.  My game will now load with cheaty stuff but does not load with cars, walls, or clothing. Of course now my game is bugging me to update the store content...which I don't want to because the new store fix is not out yet.  I am starting to think that I will have to start my games all over again because I have .package CC through out ever game I have saved.  So if I can't get my stuff to load I am going to have a serious problem.

Edit:  Finally said f* it and updated the store content, the cars now load.  It seems to be hit or miss.  So new question that relates to this issue.  Did they somehow put a cap on how much CC you can have?  I know that in Sims 2 for some strange reason they limited the RAM you could use.  I have 8GBs of RAM.  My game had no issue handling all the CC I have before and I have not added anything new to the line up.  If anything I have actually gotten rid of some CC.  I just don't understand how it just suddenly stopped working. Frustrating to say the least.  I am going back to my 'add and remove to see what works' game now.  I will report any progress or lack of.....

Edit 2:  Every time I think I have it solved it gets worse.  I was loading things one at a time in the hopes that if a problem file came up I could isolate it.  That is not the case, it seems that once something triggers the stall it doesn't want to come back.  Worst case scenario is that I have to completely reinstall my store content.  It takes forever and I just recently had to do it(anytime I install a new EP or SP I ditch any in progress games and start fresh)
Hello,

First of all are they all official store content? It is possible that the game won't load the custom content because they are either incompatible or corrupted. Official ones guarantee the chance of loading them. So I am guessing you remove all other 3rd party content and apply this method to see (you will have to rename your folder a lot of times if some of the CC is sims3packs):

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwrytr on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 09:44

I actually was trying that method all weekend.  If I get rid of all my non EA custom content (everything from F-P's cars to hair and clothing) I may as well just start from scratch.  Every single one of my saved games has some sort of non EA cc in it.  I have removed the Sims 3 folder, split the CC, I could put a single file in and it will work, quit the game and come back and that same file that worked before won't work anymore.  I am still suspicious of the updates, I didn't have a single issue till the launcher started bugging me about updating.

As for the CC I have... Almost the entire Store content collection from G4TW and then a whole host of cc.  In all honesty the only thing that I will probably hate losing are the master controller and my Fresh Prince car collection.   

I probably won't mess with it till the weekend...work and all.  Thank you though.

Edit:

So after a week of frustration I haven't made any progress.  I have removed all my Mods folder CC and the game works.  If I add JUST my car collection, the game works.  If I add JUST the master controller, the game works.  If I try adding both files.....It doesn't work.  Correction...I got them to work together once. but I tried to add one more file and it didn't work after that.  Even after I removed the just added file it didn't work.  Ended up removing everything and then starting again.  I have resigned myself to the fact that I may have to reinstall everything from scratch....

Last edited by ghostwrytr on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 00:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update on progress)

ghostwrytr
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top