Island Paradise--"Please Insert Disc" Error!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise--"Please Insert Disc" Error!!

Post by nreppa on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 08:09

Installing Island Paradise has been a nightmare! I've never had ANY issues with any of the expansions, have managed to solve EVERY problem using the ultimate fix, and have gone through literally everything I can think of. I know some other people had this problem with Univeristy Life, but it looks like most of those were fixed? 

Is anyone getting "please insert disc" for Island Paradise? 

I have:
1. Read the "HOW TO INSTALL CORRECTLY" etc. 
2. Disabled all CC
3. Applied the LATEST VERSION of the Ultimate Fix (*updated for 1.57)
4. MANUALLY UPDATED TO 1.57 about, using both the game updates launcher, the manual patch, even EA's superpatch for the region of my game....3489023489023 times
4. Applied/Reapplied Ultimate fix/patched game/ultimate fix crack about 32894023894 times

same thing. 

ANYONE!? bueler?

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Island Paradise--"Please Insert Disc" Error!!

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:37

Hello,

Where did you apply the #crack of the Ultimate Fix to?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:39

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Where did you apply the #crack of the Ultimate Fix to?
the game bin folder of electronic arts. NOT the expansion folder. i don't have an origins download. already went through all of that on another thread.

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:44

Hello,

Please follow this guide to cleanly uninstall the game:

http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Afterwards, follow this guide instead: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf

Don't update the base game via manual patch. Update it via launcher instead!

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:45

i've done both of these things already. the launcher update and the manual patch. neither way worked.

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:46

@nreppa wrote:i've done both of these things already. the launcher update and the manual patch. neither way worked.
Hello,

Both? Are you sure you have followed them correctly? Please read them to make sure. Don't answer me that you have followed them unless you have checked them out!

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:51

cat2006house wrote:
@nreppa wrote:i've done both of these things already. the launcher update and the manual patch. neither way worked.
Hello,

Both? Are you sure you have followed them correctly? Please read them to make sure. Don't answer me that you have followed them unless you have checked them out!

haha, yes, i'm sure. i've spent the last three days trying to get this to work. the game launcher install doesn't update to 1.57, it just kicks you out and still says a game update is available. after uninstalling the game, i was able to update via the launcher the second time, but still get the error message. 

i read through several other threads and tried applying the crack/patching multiple times. 

every combination of suggestions. i've followed the mac install guide on every single expansion, used the ultimate fix for every single expansion, and never had an issue until this one. my base game is from here, all the expansions were created as dmgs, i've followed every and all instruction multiple times.

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:54

@nreppa wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

haha, yes, i'm sure. i've spent the last three days trying to get this to work. the game launcher install doesn't update to 1.57, it just kicks you out and still says a game update is available. after uninstalling the game, i was able to update via the launcher the second time, but still get the error message. 

i read through several other threads and tried applying the crack/patching multiple times. 

every combination of suggestions. i've followed the mac install guide on every single expansion, used the ultimate fix for every single expansion, and never had an issue until this one. my base game is from here, all the expansions were created as dmgs, i've followed every and all instruction multiple times.
Hello,

Did you download the latest Ultimate Fix (1.57)? The Ultimate Fix is updated every time a patch is out.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:55

cat2006house wrote:
@nreppa wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

Did you download the latest Ultimate Fix (1.57)? The Ultimate Fix is updated every time a patch is out.
yeah. that's in my original post too

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:01

@nreppa wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
@nreppa wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

Hello,

I still don't know the root of your problem is. And I am not a Mac expert, so I suggest you wait for Phoebe/dieneryn to look into this matter.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:02

cat2006house wrote:
@nreppa wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
@nreppa wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Hello,

Hello,

I still don't know the root of your problem is. And I am not a Mac expert, so I suggest you wait for Phoebe/dieneryn to look into this matter.
okay! thank you for trying and for your help!!!!

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 17:36

Hi there!

You mentioned you got your base game from here?
I think that is your main issue! The base game from G4TW doesn't work for Mac!
Please refer to the Mac Guide. There is a link which will direct you to the right base game =)

I hope this helped!
Cheers!
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs
Female Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 03:35

thanks, but i meant the crack from here. the game has been working fine until island paradise, i've installed all previous expansions using the ultimate fix . my base install is from elsewhere and a mac version.

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 03:38

Are you able to update to v1.57 yet?
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 03:41

@dieneryn wrote:Are you able to update to v1.57 yet?
yeah, my original post has all the steps i tried. i got it to update with the launcher, then still got the error message. uninstalled the game, reinstalled, manually updated, got the same error.

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 03:54

Okay, I'm going to try my best to help you! 

Firstly, I would avoid the manual patch unless you are absolutely sure about the region code.

Secondly, when you update via the launcher, never accept any update pop-up prompts. The pop-ups don't update well. Click on the Game Updates tab and click refresh until you see a message that says 1.57 is available. Then click on the update button.

If the the game doesn't update well, try again. I had to re update mine since it didn't work the first time.

Thirdly, redownload the latest ultimate fix. There was a  problem with the previous one and Admin just fixed it yesterday. 

I hope these suggestions can help you. Do let me know if they don't and I will figure something out again Smile

Cheers!
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 05:34

@dieneryn wrote:Okay, I'm going to try my best to help you! 

Firstly, I would avoid the manual patch unless you are absolutely sure about the region code.

Secondly, when you update via the launcher, never accept any update pop-up prompts. The pop-ups don't update well. Click on the Game Updates tab and click refresh until you see a message that says 1.57 is available. Then click on the update button.

If the the game doesn't update well, try again. I had to re update mine since it didn't work the first time.

Thirdly, redownload the latest ultimate fix. There was a  problem with the previous one and Admin just fixed it yesterday. 

I hope these suggestions can help you. Do let me know if they don't and I will figure something out again Smile

Cheers!
okay! i tried the new version of the ultimate fix. never use pop ups. still didn't work. 
i completely deleted the game and then reinstalled from an older version i'd had on my harddrive. updated that to 1.57, no problems. reinstalled island paradise. 

same error.

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 05:42

Hmm. Can you tell me how you did your installation?

Please list them down step by step xD

I would be able to help you better that way =)
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 05:54

@dieneryn wrote:Hmm. Can you tell me how you did your installation?

Please list them down step by step xD

I would be able to help you better that way =)
sure thing. of just island paradise or everything?

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 05:55

Everything please. From the base game =)
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 06:03

@dieneryn wrote:Everything please. From the base game =)
my base game is from 2010, so i can't be sure how i did that one. 

but since then, i've gotten every expansion pack from here as a mac version. 

in order: world adventures, ambitions, late night, generations, pets, seasons, and university life. 

everytime i've followed the exact instructions in the ultimate fix guide. copy the two files from the corresponding expansion folder into the GAME BIN folder of the game, NOT the expansion folders. then update the game via the updates section in the launcher, not the pop up. restart. apply the crack from the #crack folder to the same game folder. play.

this has worked flawlessly every time until island paradise. i disabled all of my CC, moved all the folders out of the game. i dont even have any user data on it, it's a clean install. 

to uninstall, i used the uninstaller then deleted the remaining files from the preferences in library. 
then i dragged my entire sims folder back onto my applications folder from my external hard drive, minus island paradise, and it works fine. i just updated to 1.57 and it's still working just fine. 

i'm not going to install island paradise for now because the version in my backup is working.

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 06:25

Thank you for explaining all that to me! Honestly I'm a bit baffled because you seem to be doing it just right.

And because Island Paradise is such an exciting expansion, I really hope you will be able to play it. My Island Paradise works perfectly on my mac, and I used this guide.
(that I created xD) My friend has tested this guide on her mac and it works as well.

You might want to follow that guide exactly after a clean uninstall.
Use the same base game as stated in the guide. It would make a lot of difference!

I hope you try out the guide as I'm pretty sure it would work out for you Smile

Just for your info, Applying the Ultimate fix is actually simpler than what you did.

Here are the correct steps:
1) Extract base game to Applications folder.
2) Update to 1.57 via the launcher.
3) Install your EPs.
4) Apply only the 2 files in the #crack folder for the Ultimate Fix. (there is no need to follow the installation guide for the fix and all other files are not necessary.)

Cheers!
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 06:41

aha! thank you. that might be the key. i updated to 1.57 after installing the expansions, and i'm finding that seems to be the issue. when i copied my backup over, it was working fine until i updated. then i got hte same error message even without island paradise installed. so the issue seems to be when the game gets updated. i'll try that, hopefully that will make the difference. thanks!

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 06:43

Great! I hope that will help you. Please please please tell me whether it works or not Smile

It is always frustrating when people end up not letting me know whether a solution has worked Sad
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nreppa on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 06:48

also looks like the link to the base game in the guide is not a valid file to download anymore. anywhere else it still lives?

nreppa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum