"No disc" error after installing Late Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"No disc" error after installing Late Night

Post by AnneRiley on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 16:42

I did everything that i was suppose to (http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) a couple months ago and it worked (thanks a lot btw=) ) But now, after downloading Late Night it doesn't work anymore. I did everything all over again as I was suppose to but it still says "No disc" (University)

Any idea how to solve this? I really don't want to re-install everything :/
AnneRiley
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dota 2, The Walking Dead, Rome: Total War, The Sims, CoD
Female Posts : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "No disc" error after installing Late Night

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 16:44

@AnneRiley wrote:I did everything that i was suppose to (http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) a couple months ago and it worked (thanks a lot btw=) ) But now, after downloading Late Night it doesn't work anymore. I did everything all over again as I was suppose to but it still says "No disc" (University)

Hello,

After installing a new expansion pack, you MUST redo steps 2-4 of "Must Read" guide. Please download a new manual patch and Ultimate Fix (they are both updated so you are required to download them) and try again.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneRiley on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 16:47

cat2006house wrote:
@AnneRiley wrote:I did everything that i was suppose to (http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) a couple months ago and it worked (thanks a lot btw=) ) But now, after downloading Late Night it doesn't work anymore. I did everything all over again as I was suppose to but it still says "No disc" (University)

Hello,

After installing a new expansion pack, you MUST redo steps 2-4 of "Must Read" guide. Please download a new manual patch and Ultimate Fix (they are both updated so you are required to download them) and try again.
That's the thing, I did everything over again and it still doesn't work. Can I re-install Sims 3 and crack without re-installing expansion packs?
AnneRiley
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 16:51

@AnneRiley wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Hello,

That's the thing, I did everything over again and it still doesn't work. Can I re-install Sims 3 and crack without re-installing expansion packs?
Hello,

I want to ask you a question (READ it carefully): Did you apply the Ultimate Fix correctly? Did you drag and drop the content of the #crack of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts (OR Origin Games if you downloaded The Sims 3 via Origin)\The Sims 3\Game\Bin? Please check carefully to see if you have done it correctly. Redo this step again if you don't know.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneRiley on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 17:58

cat2006house wrote:
@AnneRiley wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Hello,

Hello,

I want to ask you a question (READ it carefully): Did you apply the Ultimate Fix correctly? Did you drag and drop the content of the #crack of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts (OR Origin Games if you downloaded The Sims 3 via Origin)\The Sims 3\Game\Bin? Please check carefully to see if you have done it correctly. Redo this step again if you don't know.
Okay, I fixed it now and it works for 30 min or so before it crashes (Sims stopped working)
AnneRiley
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 03:02

Hello,

Please clear the following files in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:
-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
-the content of the folder "CurrentGame.sims3"

Do you have any mods/CC?

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content