No Game/Bin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Game/Bin

Post by flyingorangutans on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 05:25

Hi, I saw a similar thread but I found the Electronic Arts folder but can't find the games/bin one. I bought the sims 3 base game and generations but downloaded other expansions from here. Also I used the ultimate fix last time but I completely forgot how and why I used it.

//EDIT

also! I'm reading other threads and now I am confused... is the ultimate fix and patch separate? Do I need to download the patch too? Sorry for all the questions!!

Helper Edit: Please do not double-post. Instead of double-posting, use the "Edit" button for additional information.

-cat2006house

flyingorangutans
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Game/Bin

Post by J.T. on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 06:03

Hello,

Did you buy the base game via Origin? If yes, the base game folder should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games. And please follow steps 2-4 of this guide and try again. Make sure you have read this in the guide:

4. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingorangutans on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 08:54

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Did you buy the base game via Origin? If yes, the base game folder should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games. And please follow steps 2-4 of this guide and try again. Make sure you have read this in the guide:

4. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )
Thank you! But to make sure, I have to do the second step of the guide (re-download&re-apply the manual patch) each time there is an update?

flyingorangutans
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:05

Hello,

Yes that's what an update is. The Ultimate Fix will only work when you have suitable (latest) update installed.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:09

Anything else we can help you with?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum