Unofficial game modification

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unofficial game modification

Post by liezeljoy14 on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 18:01

Hello. Smile I've got the same problem there. I bought Sims 3 before, installed it and works properly. Then, I downloaded Sims 3 Seasons here, I did your instructions properly and installed the Seasons with no problem. But whenever I start playing it a pop up appears;

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."

When I click Continue, it always crashes. Please help. My The sims 3 version is 16.0.136.021001 Thank you. Smile

//edit

I looked at the skuversion.txt
The Sims 3 GameVersion = 1.50.56.021002
Sims 3 Seasons GameVersion = 16.0.136.019001

Helper Edit: Please don't post any problems/questions under other topics.

-cat2006house

liezeljoy14
Beginner
Beginner

System type(s):
  • 64 -bit

Female Posts: 9
Points: 448
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2013-09-13
Age: 19
Location: Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unofficial game modification

Post by J.T. on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 20:12

liezeljoy14 wrote:Hello. Smile I've got the same problem there. I bought Sims 3 before, installed it and works properly. Then, I downloaded Sims 3 Seasons here, I did your instructions properly and installed the Seasons with no problem. But whenever I start playing it a pop up appears;

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."

When I click Continue, it always crashes. Please help. My The sims 3 version is 16.0.136.021001 Thank you. Smile

//edit

I looked at the skuversion.txt
The Sims 3 GameVersion = 1.50.56.021002
Sims 3 Seasons GameVersion = 16.0.136.019001

Helper Edit: Please don't post any problems/questions under other topics.

-cat2006house
Hello,

Please follow steps 2-4 of
this guide. Make sure you don't miss any steps.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."


J.T.
The Sims Helper
Don't underestimate me.
The Sims Helper Don't underestimate me.

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit

Male Posts: 3442
Points: 4763
Reputation: 277
Join date: 2013-01-29
Age: 18
Location: Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unofficial game modification

Post by FleurLaFleur on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:59

Same with me..I've redownloaded both Manual Update and Ultimate Fix and Manually updated and moved the contents from the Ultimate Fix folder #Crack  into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, and I still get the same pop up of "Unofficial Game Modification"

FleurLaFleur
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit

Favorite Game(s): The Sims (ALL)
Female Posts: 31
Points: 454
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2013-09-04
Age: 49
Location: Melbourne, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unofficial game modification

Post by Dracos66 on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 03:20

90% of the time a "Unofficial Game Modification" error is related to outdated Mods, the other 10% comes from either a bad rip of the game or a bad install.
If you are using mods in the game, make sure that you have the latest version of the mod(s) by visiting the site where you got them or by googling the mod name and checking its status from the creator.
If you do not use mods then try uninstalling and reinstalling the game using Admin rights (right click the setup.exe file and select "Run as Administrator"). This works almost every time unless the files your installing from have been modified (a non-G4TW release) or have become corrupted. In either of those cases you can download/redownload our version and install it.

Dracos66
RETIRED Moderator
Guarding the Forum
RETIRED Moderator   Guarding the Forum

System type(s):
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 & 3
Male Posts: 559
Points: 1974
Reputation: 88
Join date: 2011-05-03
Location: Somewhere between lost and found

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unofficial game modification

Post by J.T. on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 09:20

Dracos66 wrote:90% of the time a "Unofficial Game Modification" error is related to outdated Mods, the other 10% comes from either a bad rip of the game or a bad install.
If you are using mods in the game, make sure that you have the latest version of the mod(s) by visiting the site where you got them or by googling the mod name and checking its status from the creator.
If you do not use mods then try uninstalling and reinstalling the game using Admin rights (right click the setup.exe file and select "Run as Administrator"). This works almost every time unless the files your installing from have been modified (a non-G4TW release) or have become corrupted. In either of those cases you can download/redownload our version and install it.
Hello,

This can also be caused by outdated Ultimate Fix too. Make sure you have downloaded the latest Ultimate Fix. Even if you are too sure, download a new one and try again.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."


J.T.
The Sims Helper
Don't underestimate me.
The Sims Helper Don't underestimate me.

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit

Male Posts: 3442
Points: 4763
Reputation: 277
Join date: 2013-01-29
Age: 18
Location: Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unofficial game modification

Post by FleurLaFleur on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 19:59

Thank you so much Draco and Cat..I am pretty sure I have it all under control now...fingers crossed.
I've tried the base with 1 exp and it worked.
Then I tried to add another exp and it worked, so I guess I know what I'm doing now.
Writing it all down into a note book so I remember LOL

Cheers and thank you for the awesome help.

Fleur

FleurLaFleur
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit

Favorite Game(s): The Sims (ALL)
Female Posts: 31
Points: 454
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2013-09-04
Age: 49
Location: Melbourne, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unofficial game modification

Post by J.T. on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 20:09

Hello,

Well I guess we need the topic creator to inform us about her situation.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."


J.T.
The Sims Helper
Don't underestimate me.
The Sims Helper Don't underestimate me.

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit

Male Posts: 3442
Points: 4763
Reputation: 277
Join date: 2013-01-29
Age: 18
Location: Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unofficial game modification

Post by FleurLaFleur on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 20:21

Oh oops sorry..I meant it for the one I started

FleurLaFleur
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit

Favorite Game(s): The Sims (ALL)
Female Posts: 31
Points: 454
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2013-09-04
Age: 49
Location: Melbourne, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unofficial game modification

Post by J.T. on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 20:23

FleurLaFleur wrote:Oh oops sorry..I meant it for the one I started
Hello,

No I am not blaming you Smile . I just want the topic creator to keep us posted.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."


J.T.
The Sims Helper
Don't underestimate me.
The Sims Helper Don't underestimate me.

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit

Male Posts: 3442
Points: 4763
Reputation: 277
Join date: 2013-01-29
Age: 18
Location: Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum