Refusing to Load

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Refusing to Load

Post by curefor-lycanthropy on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:23

:newfag: 

Hello!  I've owned both the original Sims 3 & the Sims 3 Supernatural expansion pack for a while now.  I've recently installed all of the expansion packs & stuff packs from here.  I followed the directions on this site carefully, using the manual patch & then the Ultimate Fix.  The game lets me start up & select a town, but won't go pass the loading screen for that town.  The loading bar will get to around 97% & then stop.  I've tried waiting it out, but I've waited literal hours without it so much as budging.  It's not frozen because it still cycles through hints and the cursor keeps rotating.  

I'm at a total loss as to what to do.  Do any of you have ideas?

curefor-lycanthropy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refusing to Load

Post by J.T. on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 14:06

Hello,

Did you buy/download & install the base game via Origin?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by curefor-lycanthropy on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 14:10

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Nope.  I bought it in store, as well as the Supernatural expansion pack.  I mean, I think I re-installed it with Origin at some point.  Does that affect it?

curefor-lycanthropy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 14:12

curefor-lycanthropy wrote:

Nope.  I bought it in store, as well as the Supernatural expansion pack.  I mean, I think I re-installed it with Origin at some point.  Does that affect it?
Hi there,

No, it doesn't affect anything actually. I think you will need to (re)do this again:

(1) (Re)download and (re)apply the manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch. Simply double-click it to start patching.

(2) (Re)download the Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

(3) (Re)apply the Ultimate Fix. Open the "# Crack" folder from the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.

Please read the above instructions carefuly and let us know how it goes.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 16:55

cat2006house wrote:
curefor-lycanthropy wrote:

(3) (Re)apply the Ultimate Fix. Open the "# Crack" folder from the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
If you've installed it through Origin, the correct path for the Ultimate Fix is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum