I have a problem over here...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have a problem over here...

Post by SavageSickness on Sat 28 Sep 2013, 17:54

First off, I want to mention that I love your site G4TW. I love the extra content and the help that you give to us players. I have a problem now with my Sims 3 game, and not many people have been able to help. When I load a saved game my sims' relationships reset, any roommates I have become active, and I get the starting a new town messages (check out your new smartphone, you have new lots you can place in town, etc.). I contacted EA and they said I need to install the super patcher, but I don't think I should do that, because I downloaded some of your expansions off of kickass.to and applied the Sims 3 fix you guys have on this site, and the super patcher would override that. So do you guys have any idea on what I should do?

SavageSickness
SavageSickness
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have a problem over here...

Post by J.T. on Sat 28 Sep 2013, 18:06

Hello,

First of all the super patcher will indeed remove the crack from the Ultimate Fix, but you can reapply the Fix to fix this problem afterwards. Second, do you have any mods/CC (Custom Content)?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageSickness on Sat 28 Sep 2013, 18:17

I have mods, but no custom content. I only get store content. Even when I took out the mods though the problem still happened. If I get the super patcher and then get the fix, would the super patcher still work?
SavageSickness
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sat 28 Sep 2013, 18:19

@SavageSickness wrote:I have mods, but no custom content. I only get store content. Even when I took out the mods though the problem still happened. If I get the super patcher and then get the fix, would the super patcher still work?
The super patcher is known to fix several bugs and glitches. Still I am not sure if this applies to your problem. But it's always recommended to apply the super patcher.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageSickness on Sat 28 Sep 2013, 19:54

But if I apply the super patcher, will I still be able to play the expansions I downloaded from kickass.to?
SavageSickness
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 20:16

Yes.
Apply the Manual Patch, then the Ultimate Fix.
Then you should fine.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageSickness on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 23:48

This didn't fix the problem. EA told me this would work and it didn't. Either that or applying the fix did override the super patcher. What am I supposed to do now... Sad 

//EDIT

Figures this wouldn't work. I was able to install Movie Stuff but I still can't progress at relationships in the game so it wouldn't make sense to play.
SavageSickness
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 09:45

@SavageSickness wrote:This didn't fix the problem. EA told me this would work and it didn't. Either that or applying the fix did override the super patcher. What am I supposed to do now... Sad 

//EDIT

Figures this wouldn't work. I was able to install Movie Stuff but I still can't progress at relationships in the game so it wouldn't make sense to play.

You might try a "factory reset": go to My documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" (into anything you like). This will (temporarily) disable all your cache files, possibly corrupt savefiles, mods and custom content.

Re-start the game, make a new savefile and play on for a while. See if the relationship bug persists.

Unfortunately, there is not much else I can suggest, if this doesn't work for you.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum