Missing objects...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing objects...

Post by lostfantasy on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 22:58

When I start the game, this message pops up:

Spoiler:

I've noticed that most of my custom content in the game doesn't show up anymore. Sad I think it's because I opened the game without installing the new manual patch. I've checked the downloads folder and the packages folder and everything is there. The custom content shows up only on the main menu, and the in the squares on the left side of the game with all the sims pictures. I went to Create A Sim and it seems like only some of the package files are there, but none of the sims3pack files are showing up.

lostfantasy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing objects...

Post by Phoebe on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 17:01

Hello,

Please try to re-installing them from via launcher, I think it'll help the problem.

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lostfantasy on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 03:13

Okay. But some of the custom content don't show up on my launcher. But they're in the downloads and mods folder. What should I do about that?

lostfantasy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 22:15

@lostfantasy wrote:Okay. But some of the custom content don't show up on my launcher. But they're in the downloads and mods folder. What should I do about that?

Hello,

What exactly did you do before you got that error ? 

//EDIT

I suspect that you either "renamed" The Sims 3 folder or something along the lines. Another explanation would be that your custom content doesn't work anymore, because of the "new" patch level. Can you tell me some examples of the CC you are using, which don't work anymore ? I will try downloading them myself then and test them in my game. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14083

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lostfantasy on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 03:36

Well, I was impatient so I opened up the game without installing the new patch first. >_< http://iweb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5278287 This is one of the sims I downloaded. The hair doesn't show up anymore, and the makeup too. I wish I could give you more, but I don't remember where I got most of the cc from. Hmm... I don't remember renaming the folders...

//EDIT

I just noticed that in one of my saved games, it shows almost everything. But in the other saved game, it doesn't. O_o

lostfantasy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum