"Update failed, cannot continue" error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Update failed, cannot continue" error

Post by Hyborem on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 00:51

Hello everyone

So, I decided to install the Movie stuff DLC. When installed I got one of those invalid errors or whatnot. Since I didn't really care all that much I decided to uninstall everything and install it again. So I used the Super Uninstaller that you guys got, and got rid of everything, as well as regedits. 

This is where the problem comes in however. Installation of the main game went smoothly, but as I try to install some of the DLCs I get a error telling me the game has to be updated, even though it already is. I've tried applying the 1.57 patch before installing the DLCs, but I'm still getting the same error. I've also tried using the Support/Update/.exe file but still no luck. 

What should I do?

Hyborem
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Update failed, cannot continue" error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 21:44

Hyborem wrote:Hello everyone

So, I decided to install the Movie stuff DLC. When installed I got one of those invalid errors or whatnot. Since I didn't really care all that much I decided to uninstall everything and install it again. So I used the Super Uninstaller that you guys got, and got rid of everything, as well as regedits. 

This is where the problem comes in however. Installation of the main game went smoothly, but as I try to install some of the DLCs I get a error telling me the game has to be updated, even though it already is. I've tried applying the 1.57 patch before installing the DLCs, but I'm still getting the same error. I've also tried using the Support/Update/.exe file but still no luck. 

What should I do?
Hello,

If you're running Windows Vista and later, does the same happen if you right-click on the patch and choose "run as Administrator" ?

Also, you can try going into "safe mode": open the start menu, go to "Run" and type "msconfig". Hit OK.

Go to the "boot"-tab, mark the box "safe boot" and click on "apply" then. You should be prompted to re-boot. Now, in safe mode, try to re-run the patch.

Now, go again to that menu and unmark the box "safe boot". Upon re-starting, you should get back to normal again. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum