SIMS 3 Super Dark/Dim on Windows 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 3 Super Dark/Dim on Windows 8

Post by WhyJessicaRose on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 22:44

Whenever I start up the sims (Not alt+tabing, it's like this on start-up!), the screen is super dark/dim. It's very annoying. Day time looks like night time! Yes, I've looked around the forums and disabling igfxpers.exe does NOTHING for me. DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. Nothing seems too. I have windows 8. There is no option in my catalyst control center to adjust 3D game colors/brightness. I also noticed that when I start the game a black screen pops up with the blue rotating circle in the middle then it flickers and a white border pops up then it loads the game to the loading screen but it's dark/dim. How do I fix this?
WhyJessicaRose
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIMS 3 Super Dark/Dim on Windows 8

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 02 Oct 2013, 21:56

@WhyJessicaRose wrote:Whenever I start up the sims (Not alt+tabing, it's like this on start-up!), the screen is super dark/dim. It's very annoying. Day time looks like night time! Yes, I've looked around the forums and disabling igfxpers.exe does NOTHING for me. DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. Nothing seems too. I have windows 8. There is no option in my catalyst control center to adjust 3D game colors/brightness. I also noticed that when I start the game a black screen pops up with the blue rotating circle in the middle then it flickers and a white border pops up then it loads the game to the loading screen but it's dark/dim. How do I fix this?
Hello,

Since when did you get that problem ? Did you do anything special before that bug happened ?

Go to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ and delete the options.ini file. Re-start the game to see if anything changed.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhyJessicaRose on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 05:29

Right after I updated my game to 1.57, I used the link provided by this site and applied the fix. Nope it just started out of nowhere. I'll give it a try right now, thank you for replying Smile

I tried it and it did nothing.
WhyJessicaRose
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 09:32

@WhyJessicaRose wrote:Right after I updated my game to 1.57, I used the link provided by this site and applied the fix. Nope it just started out of nowhere. I'll give it a try right now, thank you for replying Smile

I tried it and it did nothing.

How about updating your video/graphics drivers ? Have you tried that already ?

//EDIT

And did you also try tweaking around in the in-game options menu ? You could try lowering the graphics settings, lowering the in-game screen reoslution or even try playing in "windowed mode". After making these changes you probably need to restart the game

See if it makes any difference.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Frick on Thu 09 Apr 2015, 06:05

OK guys...new here, but I too had the same problem of the screen being dark while playing the Sims 3 on windows 8. I have resolved this issue completely and very easily. I tried everything compatibility all the way back to XP...compatibility for not displaying correctly, checked graphics drivers and on and on...etc. Well here is the easy fix for $20.00....LOL, just kidding...go to your game launcher icon, right click, go to property's, click on the tab named compatibility, you'll see a window that says...Run this program in compatibility for: with a check mark in the box...UNCHECK IT and click apply..the game will run smooth bright and beautiful and smooth as silk... Smile FIXED!!!

Wade Frick
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Thu 09 Apr 2015, 07:01

@Wade Frick wrote:OK guys...new here, but I too had the same problem of the screen being dark while playing the Sims 3 on windows 8. I have resolved this issue completely and very easily. I tried everything compatibility all the way back to XP...compatibility for not displaying correctly, checked graphics drivers and on and on...etc. Well here is the easy fix for $20.00....LOL, just kidding...go to your game launcher icon, right click, go to property's, click on the tab named compatibility, you'll see a window that says...Run this program in compatibility for: with a check mark in the box...UNCHECK IT and click apply..the game will run smooth bright and beautiful and smooth as silk... Smile FIXED!!!
Great, thanks for the info! Did the solution above solve your problem, Jessica? Please let us know, so we can give further assistance or close the topic.

Happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down