University Life Download File Issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

University Life Download File Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by m24bm on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 01:38

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been posted but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I downloaded the University Life torrent from TPB but when I opened it, I just get this

I've tried looking for what this is because I've never run into this before. Please say I don't have to redownload it lol. It took 6 hours to download for corn's sake!

Thank you very very much!

m24bm
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: University Life Download File Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 01:49

@m24bm wrote:Hi, I'm sorry if this has been posted but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I downloaded the University Life torrent from TPB but when I opened it, I just get this

I've tried looking for what this is because I've never run into this before. Please say I don't have to redownload it lol. It took 6 hours to download for corn's sake!

Thank you very very much!

Hello,

//EDIT

Sorry, I misread. You need "WinRAR" to open this download. You can find it here:  http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by m24bm on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 01:56

Hiya, Carlos!

I have WinRAR but... Hmm... I guess I'll keep picking at it. I've downloaded so many things but this is a first for me! At least this sets me on the right path!

Thanks a bunch

m24bm
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 01:58

@m24bm wrote:Hiya, Carlos!

I have WinRAR but... Hmm... I guess I'll keep picking at it. I've downloaded so many things but this is a first for me! At least this sets me on the right path!

Thanks a bunch

Interesting...what happens if you right-click on the file and go to "open with..." and choose WinRAR ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by m24bm on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 02:00

Carlos, my friend, you are a genius. It opened right up when I tried that. 

Now I'll try to install it lol. Thanks for making my life that much easier!

m24bm
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 02:08

@m24bm wrote:Carlos, my friend, you are a genius. It opened right up when I tried that. 

Now I'll try to install it lol. Thanks for making my life that much easier!

Nice. Wink  I recommend that for all future .RAR downloads, you open these files with WinRAR and then you extract ALL contents to an empty folder. Then go to that folder and double-click on the "setup.exe", "autorun.exe" or whatever it may be called.

In order to avoid re-downloading in case of computer damage or similar catastrophes, I suggest you somehow get hold of an external hard-drive, and backup all your downloads there. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by m24bm on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 02:10

Believe me, I've had enough crashes to learn lol. Money's the issue Wink But I definitely will be getting an external hard drive eventually!

Gah. Now it's saying I have to update. Fingers crossed I don't mess this next bit up. The furthest I've ever gotten was Ambitions and World Adventures or whatever when they first came out. Now we're up to what? 9? And this is the first of many expansions on my journey!

m24bm
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 02:20

@m24bm wrote:Believe me, I've had enough crashes to learn lol. Money's the issue Wink But I definitely will be getting an external hard drive eventually!

Gah. Now it's saying I have to update. Fingers crossed I don't mess this next bit up. The furthest I've ever gotten was Ambitions and World Adventures or whatever when they first came out. Now we're up to what? 9? And this is the first of many expansions on my journey!

Download and apply the "manual patch" from here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch

then you should be able to install "University". After that, it's recommended to re-apply the patch (even if it says that the game is updated already). At the end, you do the steps #3 and #4 from here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And that should do. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by m24bm on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 02:25

Well I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the night lol. Thanks a lot for this.

Edit: I think I messed up so I'm going to uninstall my base game, reinstall, patch crack, so on. This time without jumping the gun

//EDIT

Yeah... 9:44 PM and the patch itself has 5 hours left to go give or take. Who needs sleep?

Edit 3: Chrome crashed as the download was finishing. 3 hours = gone 

//EDIT

One last question: If I have other expansions, Do I have to do the same or will I only have to patch this once?

m24bm
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 21:02

@m24bm wrote:
One last question: If I have other expansions, Do I have to do the same or will I only have to patch this once?

Yes, repeat the patching and cracking steps, a.k.a the steps "from 2 to 4" here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly 

after every installed expansion/stuff pack.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by m24bm on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 21:40

Interesting. It seems to be working just fine without it. But I guess it's better safe than sorry. This should be the end to all my questions. Thanks a million, Carlos!

m24bm
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum