My PC performance with Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My PC performance with Sims 3

Post by gatecrazy on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 03:15

Okay let me start off by telling about my pc. This is what I have:

Intel core i3-2120 Dual Core 3.3 Ghz
6 GB DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 2000 (I know, I know) Shocked 

I am running Sims 3 + ALL expansions & stuff packs & store content to date except for Movie Stuff on a medium setting. As long as I'm not playing a really large family with alot of stuff on the lot my game seems to run okay with the occasional "stuttering lag" but I'm not sure if it's actually my pc or just a Sims 3 thing. I have been afraid to install any more packs because I'm not sure how much more my poor pc can take. What do you guys think? Also is it possible to uninstall other packs that were previously installed and still have my saved games work? Just curious. scratch 

gatecrazy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3!
Female Posts : 86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My PC performance with Sims 3

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 03:33

@gatecrazy wrote:Okay let me start off by telling about my pc. This is what I have:

Intel core i3-2120 Dual Core 3.3 Ghz
6 GB DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 2000 (I know, I know) Shocked 

I am running Sims 3 + ALL expansions & stuff packs & store content to date except for Movie Stuff on a medium setting. As long as I'm not playing a really large family with alot of stuff on the lot my game seems to run okay with the occasional "stuttering lag" but I'm not sure if it's actually my pc or just a Sims 3 thing. I have been afraid to install any more packs because I'm not sure how much more my poor pc can take. What do you guys think? Also is it possible to uninstall other packs that were previously installed and still have my saved games work? Just curious. scratch 

Hello,

Your graphics card is indeed a weak point; a possible mid/long-term consequence can even be some sort of damage to your card.

That said, it might be a good idea to un-install some expansion/stuff packs. Just keep in mind that if your savegame was saved in a world that came along with a specific expansion - and you un-install that expansion then - you won't be able to load the savegame. Unless, of course, you save your family to the "bin" in edit-town mode before that. You can then make a new savefile and just put your family from the bin in there.

Also keep in mind that if your sims/household uses items from an expansion that you un-install, you will see (upon the next start of the game) that the items will be gone, and have been replaced with other stuff.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12307

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My PC performance with Sims 3

Post by gatecrazy on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 06:56

Carlos G. wrote:Just keep in mind that if your savegame was saved in a world that came along with a specific expansion - and you un-install that expansion then - you won't be able to load the savegame. Unless, of course, you save your family to the "bin" in edit-town mode before that. You can then make a new savefile and just put your family from the bin in there.

The thought of saving them to the bin never crossed my mind. That's good to know. I may just have to break down and buy a graphics card. I'm completely obsessive and it would probably drive me crazy if I didn't have it all installed. The minute I uninstall something is the minute I'm going to need it. But if it gets to a point where stuff won't run then graphics update it is.
                                                                                                                                       Hammertime 

gatecrazy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3!
Female Posts : 86

View user profile

Back to top Go down