Need Help. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help. [SOLVED]

Post by Ameera42 on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 02:33

Good morning all

I had a perfect game running smoothly no issues until last evening, i visited MTS downloaded some .package files, Then I visited TSR downloaded three simp3pack files, I had a problem with these they froze up the installation so I had to close it. This happened 3 times. I gave up and decided enough was enough, but i started my game and it wouldn't start??? I didn't download any mods or anything like that it was clothing .package files. I removed all of the downloaded files but game still not starting. I renamed my sims3 folder forcing a new one, it worked perfectly with my mods installed too I added my downloads and my game wont start. Can anyone help I have removed all installed package files and the only one 3pack file that did install. Help Help 

Ameera
Ameera42
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2 and 3 sims 4
Female Posts : 124

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need Help. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:06

Hello,

Did you reinstall your sims3packs, or copy the dcbackup folder to your new "The Sims 3" folder?

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameera42 on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 20:13

Hi 
No I didn't copy the DC backup folder I moved my downloads folder to the new Sims 3 folder then re installed all my downloads, 

what difference is there in each version of re installing ? 

Ameera
Ameera42
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 20:39

Ameera42 wrote:Hi 
No I didn't copy the DC backup folder I moved my downloads folder to the new Sims 3 folder then re installed all my downloads, 

what difference is there in each version of re installing ? 

Ameera

So just to make sure I understood correctly: you put back in your ".package" files - and it worked ? Then you put back in your ".sims3pack" files, and it didn't ?

The problem is this: I personally avoid any "third-party .sims3packs". Because exactly of the kind of trouble like yours right now. Unlike ".package" files, you might not be able to remove single ".sims3packs". If you want to remove .sims3packs, then the most secure method is described here.

You can actually move your DCCache and Installed Worlds folders to your new The Sims 3 folders, to restore the .sims3packs. But as long as you don't know what exactly is causing the problem , it might not be a good idea.

So for now, go to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saved sims and look for a file called "downloadedsims.index". If it's there, delete it and try re-starting the game.

Otherwise, I'm afraid the problem is with one (or more) of the .sims3packs. Then look at the article I posted above: remove the cache files, DCCache, DCBackup, Installed worlds and Downloads-folders.

I know it's time-consuming, but re-install again. This time though, only the "official" store content. Then, if you want to, you can add later on some of your other third-party downloads. Keep in mind that most likely the problem is with one of these things that you downloaded recently.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14461

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameera42 on Mon 07 Oct 2013, 23:12

Hi Carlos

I managed to track down the files causing the problem, but after running checks and reinstalling my downloads, I notice that I only have a small amount being installed. I saw a few of the packages having failed, this has never happened, I ran my game and its so sluggish its very difficult to even play. I run cleaners a lot on my system and normally the sims 3  runs great. I have no idea what is causing the sluggishness, its taking a good 5mins to get a reaction after 1 click so I've kinda gave it up for now unless you have any suggestions ???

Ameera
Ameera42
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 07 Oct 2013, 23:31

Ameera42 wrote:Hi Carlos

I managed to track down the files causing the problem, but after running checks and reinstalling my downloads, I notice that I only have a small amount being installed. I saw a few of the packages having failed, this has never happened, I ran my game and its so sluggish its very difficult to even play. I run cleaners a lot on my system and normally the sims 3  runs great. I have no idea what is causing the sluggishness, its taking a good 5mins to get a reaction after 1 click so I've kinda gave it up for now unless you have any suggestions ???

Ameera

That sounds like some small progress ? Very Happy 

What I forgot to tell you before was that if you install items with the launcher, you should NOT install all the stuff at once - you should only install the items in smaller portions. Alternatively, how about using "CC Magic" ? This is what I would recommend (instead of the launcher). Google for that. Instructions can be found
here

I would also, if you haven't done it yet, clear the cache files. They can be found in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Let us know the result.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameera42 on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 00:15

Hi Carlos

If I uninstall all my 3pack files using the installer will i just be able to install  using CC magic ?   I'm still seeing a lot of failed installs where there has never been before. Afraid I cant download decrapifyer because it just opens pop up windows not that I would know what to do with it. I barely understand CC Magic actually i dont understand it, but I've been at work since god knows when and I'm very tired of fighting with my game

thanks for your help so far
Ameera
Ameera42
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 02:45

If I uninstall all my 3pack files using the installer will i just be able to install  using CC magic ?   I'm still seeing a lot of failed installs where there has never been before. Afraid I cant download decrapifyer because it just opens pop up windows not that I would know what to do with it. I barely understand CC Magic actually i dont understand it, but I've been at work since god knows when and I'm very tired of fighting with my game

thanks for your help so far
Ameera
I am sorry to hear that many of your items don't seem to install. But if you want to un-install the stuff again, use the instructions in the article of Lady ElDi which I posted somewhere above (delete DCCache, DCBackup, etc.)

Again, you can try "CC Magic", and instructions are available here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution

Or you can try re-installing with the launcher again, but install the ".sims3packs" only in small portions, let's say put 20 .sims3packs into the "Downloads"-folder, open the launcher, install them, then put the next 20 into the Downloads-folder, then in the launcher install these new items, and so on.

And the method with CC Magic is not as difficult as it might look. Smile 

The problems you are facing at the moment are the reason, like I said above, why I only very rarely download and install user-made ".sims3packs".

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameera42 on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 20:24

Hi Carlos

I don't choose to  install all my sims3pack files as soon as I select downlads on the loader screen it brings all of my downloads up to install,i just select all install

I will uninstall all of them and try just selecting 20 at a time, while I look through CCMagic cause I'm not sure how that installs anything although it was uploading my downloads folder last evening.

Ameera

I have moved all my sims3pack files to CCmagic now and I'm just going to run my game, though I'm a bit hesistant because I'm reading that items don't show up in game.

ok I got all my sims3pack files in CCMagic but my .package files dont work neither in the mods/packages or packages in CCMagic this is so frustrating every time one thing works another breaks my sim is black all over I made her with tanned skin now she is completley black Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Ameera42
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 01:20

Ameera42 wrote:ok I got all my sims3pack files in CCMagic but my .package files dont work neither in the mods/packages or packages in CCMagic this is so frustrating every time one thing works another breaks my sim is black all over I made her with tanned skin now she is completley black Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

A small sidenote (because I see things like that sometimes, with a few users on here): you should only do the things I suggest - and installing ".package" files with CC Magic was not what I suggested - it's not necessary. Wink  But OK, you seemingly managed to get your ".sims3pack" files back, and this is important. Now...

In CC Magic, did you click "disable" on the ".package" files ? Click on "enable" in that case. Otherwise, try to remove the ".package" files (click "delete").

Please, if you are in doubt, (re-) read the guide on how to "install .package files" from here:  http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/guides.html
You can even try the "Resource.cfg" file from here, alternatively:
http://skuld.modthesims.info/Resource.cfg

If you are using the same ".package" files as before, then there is not much else what I can suggest, I'm afraid. Somewhere above you mentioned that your ".package" files worked at one point , so you must have managed to do it before.

About the sim: try changing her hairstyle/clothing /makeup in CAS - you may have to play around with that a bit. I downloaded a sim from the exchange, and her skin looks like coal. Shocked  I figured out I had to change her hairstyle to "revert" the skin color back to normal. So again, you might want to play around a bit in CAS. And you can even try to change the skintone in CAS.

Otherwise: I'm sorry I can't couldn't reply earlier, but we have had a "shortage" of Helpers/Moderators for a while now - and I can't answer the questions as quickly as I used to.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameera42 on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 17:44

Hi Carlos

I did do as you had told me, and it didnt work so I unistalled CCMagic because none of my sims3pack nor my .package files were working in it, I really do appreciate your time and energy you spend giving help, I never post a message expectig a reply two minutes later.

I understand that G4W is going through major changes for the new site, also and I'm well aware that you are doing what you can to help and its your free time you are giving up to help others. 

I did uninstall CCMagic and last night, I noticed all my .package files were .package.off so I removed them and downloaded new ones as CCMagic had picked you old files that I had used years before when I first tried it . I had disbled the older files as they were not even on my PC, but it appears that this has had a knock on effect to all my .package files, I will try what you suggest in the links. Please know I am very much in appreciation for your help.

Ameera
Ameera
Ameera42
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 17:59

I did do as you had told me, and it didnt work so I unistalled CCMagic because none of my sims3pack nor my .package files were working in it, I really do appreciate your time and energy you spend giving help, I never post a message expectig a reply two minutes later.

I understand that G4W is going through major changes for the new site, also and I'm well aware that you are doing what you can to help and its your free time you are giving up to help others. 

I did uninstall CCMagic and last night, I noticed all my .package files were .package.off so I removed them and downloaded new ones as CCMagic had picked you old files that I had used years before when I first tried it . I had disbled the older files as they were not even on my PC, but it appears that this has had a knock on effect to all my .package files, I will try what you suggest in the links. Please know I am very much in appreciation for your help.

Ameera
Ameera

OK, let's try this:

Go to any folder on your computer; in the top left corner you should see something called "Organize" - click on it and go to "Folder and search options". Then go to "View" and unmark the box "Hide extensions for known file types". Click on "Apply" and then "OK".

Now, go to one of these ".package.off" (?) files. Try renaming them, as if you were renaming an ordinary file. Try removing the .off ending, so that there is only the ".package" ending. This should restore the ".package" (if you're lucky). Do this with several files and see if they re-appear in the game.

And the reason I mentioned that we are a bit short of staff is because you bumped the topic; which is not a big deal, as long as you don't do it again. Wink

//EDIT

Click with the mouse somewhere at the file extension (.off) - it should allow you to actually change/rename the extension.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameera42 on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 18:19

Hi Carlos

If I bumped this topic it was purely a mistake because; I have no idea how to bump a message,all my .package files are .package again, the problem with the off was I had disabled old mods in CC Magic and inadvertantly switched all my files off now that has been sorted hopefully the other problem will be too. I had already started renaming the files to take the .off away last evening.

Thank you

Sorry Dont Have a Mac I'll be patient in future but in my defense I thought I had put the help request in the .package help page not Mac .package

Last edited by Ameera42 on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 20:18; edited 1 time in total
Ameera42
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 19:33

If I bumped this topic it was purely a mistake because; I have no idea how to bump a message,all my .package files are .package again, the problem with the off was I had disabled old mods in CC Magic and inadvertantly switched all my files off now that has been sorted hopefully the other problem will be too. I had already started renaming the files to take the .off away last evening.

Thank you

If your ".package" files still don't work, then I'm clueless. Crying or Very sad  You might have to re-download them.

And if I remember correctly, you opened another topic (in the Mac section), where you basically repeated what you wrote here (this is called "bumping"); but again, it's not a big deal - just try to be patient, although I'm aware that this is difficult. 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameera42 on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 23:23

Hi Carlos
All appear to be working now YaaaY thanks again

Ameera

Moderator edit: OK, good to hear that ! Have fun with the game (or at least try to). This topic is closed.

- Carlos
Ameera42
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)