Service initialization failed (0x017dcbb) PLEASE HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Service initialization failed (0x017dcbb) PLEASE HELP

Post by Apenbake on Mon 07 Oct 2013, 06:32

Alright, so this has been an ongoing issue since I downloaded the Katy Perry Sweet Treats and Supernatural torrents. The Sims 3 base game that I have is from an actual disc, unfortunately I lost my disc so I needed to go find a crack to play it. Once that was done the game worked. At this point I hadn't downloaded the add-ons yet. So when I did download them I re-cracked it and that's when the error started. I uninstalled everything reinstalled the base game, didn't use the original crack reinstalled the expansions and cracked them in the base game. Still with the error.
I must have uninstalled and reinstalled the games a million different ways. Every time it still gave me the error. When I click on TS3W it gives me, "Unable to start game, Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)" When I try to start it from the launcher it gives me the error, "There was an error during startup, please see the log for more details" So I came to this site to try to get some help, I went through the whole "How to install the Sims 3 correctly" Downloaded the update, and the fix, did it step by step exactly and still nothing. The same two errors. So then I narrowed down my search on the threads, read and opened every single one that had the same error as me and still nothing. None of them helped. So if someone could please give me some insight on what to do, I would be ever so grateful.

Apenbake
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Service initialization failed (0x017dcbb) PLEASE HELP

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 22:09

Apenbake wrote:Alright, so this has been an ongoing issue since I downloaded the Katy Perry Sweet Treats and Supernatural torrents. The Sims 3 base game that I have is from an actual disc, unfortunately I lost my disc so I needed to go find a crack to play it. Once that was done the game worked. At this point I hadn't downloaded the add-ons yet. So when I did download them I re-cracked it and that's when the error started. I uninstalled everything reinstalled the base game, didn't use the original crack reinstalled the expansions and cracked them in the base game. Still with the error.
I must have uninstalled and reinstalled the games a million different ways. Every time it still gave me the error. When I click on TS3W it gives me, "Unable to start game, Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)" When I try to start it from the launcher it gives me the error, "There was an error during startup, please see the log for more details" So I came to this site to try to get some help, I went through the whole "How to install the Sims 3 correctly" Downloaded the update, and the fix, did it step by step exactly and still nothing. The same two errors. So then I narrowed down my search on the threads, read and opened every single one that had the same error as me and still nothing. None of them helped. So if someone could please give me some insight on what to do, I would be ever so grateful.
Hello,

Sorry for the slight delay. But I'm sorry to hear that you have a hard time with that game. For a start, please re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

That means, re-apply the manual patch and then the two files from the #crack folder of the Ultimate fix.

Then you can have a look at the video here:  http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix

This solution basically involved deleting expansion folders from the registry; namely expansions, which you don't have installed anymore.

The other (final ?) solution would be to do a correct un-install of it again. The best reference on this that I know of is this article here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Or you can download and install "Your Installer Pro!" from Games4TheWorld. Open the program. click on all Sims 3 games, choose "Super Mode" and let the program un-install all of it. Which method you choose, some Helpers recommend to re-boot the computer after un-installing, so please do that too. And then go on with re-installing. Good luck ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14431

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum