Is there a way to get items from expansions you don't have?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there a way to get items from expansions you don't have?

Post by TheQuirk on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 05:13

I was wondering if there was a way I could get hairstyles from expansions packs that I don't own without having to install that expansion. Or even clothes and furniture.

Thanks!

TheQuirk
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : TF2, L4D2, Sims 3, PSO, B&WII, Starcraft spectator, Sega Genesis + SNES games.
Female Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a way to get items from expansions you don't have?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 21:57

@TheQuirk wrote:I was wondering if there was a way I could get hairstyles from expansions packs that I don't own without having to install that expansion. Or even clothes and furniture.

Thanks!
Hello,

Not that I know of; while you may be able to extract single items out of expansions and somehow "import" them into your game (if you are a good programmer), you would - in some cases - also have to find a way to extract special interactions that are connected to the item(s). So you might imagine that the effort behind such a "task" is quite big.

However, you can of course do a google search on this - maybe someone on the internet actually made an effort to do that, but it's rather unlikely.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12273

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a way to get items from expansions you don't have?

Post by TheQuirk on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 02:11

Yea I assumed it would be difficult for things that have interactions, but I was hoping someone would have done it for hairs x) I haven't found anything yet, but thanks for you input!

TheQuirk
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : TF2, L4D2, Sims 3, PSO, B&WII, Starcraft spectator, Sega Genesis + SNES games.
Female Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum