I have Cds, origin downloads and downloads from here....help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have Cds, origin downloads and downloads from here....help?

Post by Ellieellie on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 20:57

Hey, Guys!
So, here is the thing: I have The sims Base Game, Supernatural, Pets and Island downloaded from this site, The sims Ambitions and The Sims Generations on regular, store bought  cd and Seasons and World adventures on Origin. Yeah, i know, its a mess...

Is there anything i need to think about when installing? In which order? 

Thank you in advance <3

Ellieellie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have Cds, origin downloads and downloads from here....help?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 21:25

@Ellieellie wrote:Hey, Guys!
So, here is the thing: I have The sims Base Game, Supernatural, Pets and Island downloaded from this site, The sims Ambitions and The Sims Generations on regular, store bought  cd and Seasons and World adventures on Origin. Yeah, i know, its a mess...

Is there anything i need to think about when installing? In which order? 

Thank you in advance <3

Hello,

There is no special "order" in which to install the things; just start with the base game and then go on with any expansions you like. Look at this here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Because your base game is pirated, you need to put the "Ultimate fix" (step #4 !) into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellieellie on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 22:07

Thanks! 
ok, but i add the ultimate fix after i have installed ALL the expansions i want, right? 
Tnx again! Smile

Ellieellie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 22:09

@Ellieellie wrote:Thanks! 
ok, but i add the ultimate fix after i have installed ALL the expansions i want, right? 
Tnx again! Smile

Yes, but first apply the "manual patch" (step #2 in the instructions), and at the end the Ultimate fix (step #4). You can then even make a shortcut to the desktop from the TS3W.exe (in the base game location I posted above).

Double-click on the shortcut (or the file) to start the game - and that's it. Smile

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellieellie on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 22:40

Ok. 
Thank you for your help! Smile

//EDIT

Sorry, just one moore! xD
Do i have to use the manual patch, (step 2) even if i dont have any problems updating? 
I have installed all expansion pack i want now, and the game is already updated to latest...

Ellieellie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 23:54

Hello,

Well, generally it is recommend to use it, yes, because it'll also replace any corrupt/cracked files, without "checking" the files. (Updating via the Launcher will check the files and will give an error if it find any cracks)
So if you never did the manual patch before, you might want to use it. If you're pretty sure you're on the latest game version and do not want to download the file, try skipping it. If you run into any problems, you can always apply it in a later stage.

Good luck and please let us know the result!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum