Installing Custom worlds By passing the launcher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Custom worlds By passing the launcher

Post by zaravacher on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 00:52

Hello fellow simmers, i have torrented all my sims games, now ive been having a few lagging issues and ive tried all the helpful tweaks on here which have helped but ive narrowed it down to the towns routing... (BAD EA!) Anyway! i wish to download a custom world from mod sims3 but as i have torrents versions i cannot use the launcher to install custom worlds, i have tried to download delphys sims multi installer and it says not responding or crashing, so help would be appreciated please. Thank you
zaravacher
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installing Custom worlds By passing the launcher

Post by invalidusername on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 00:54

Is your launcher not working? If it is working, then you should be able to use it to install the custom worlds and any other cc, just like normal.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zaravacher on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 00:59

My launcher does not work it says not responding :/ i have to launch sims through sims.exe
zaravacher
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 01:04

I know work-arounds for items other than worlds, but can't remember anything that works for installing worlds other than the launcher. There may be another helper that can think of something though. If nobody else replies within 12 hours, I'll notify them that this topic needs help.

There are a couple of mods listed in this topic that may help the routing/lag issues to the point of not needing to install any cc worlds, unless you really would like them anyways.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 02:10

zaravacher wrote:Hello fellow simmers, i have torrented all my sims games, now ive been having a few lagging issues and ive tried all the helpful tweaks on here which have helped but ive narrowed it down to the towns routing... (BAD EA!) Anyway! i wish to download a custom world from mod sims3 but as i have torrents versions i cannot use the launcher to install custom worlds, i have tried to download delphys sims multi installer and it says not responding or crashing, so help would be appreciated please. Thank you
If you rename the folder "The Sims 3" (My Documents/Electronic Arts), does your launcher start then ? If this works, there might be a way you could install the world (with the launcher) and get it back into your main game...

Also, can you re-apply the manual patch (and then the Ultimate fix) ? A.k.a. steps from 2 to 4 here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Maybe there is a (very) small chance that your launcher will start then. Another theoretical could be to un-install just the base game, then re-install it, but let's see.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14458

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 04:29

Where did you download the torrents from? Our site or somewhere else? Some of the sims3 releases by others have been modified and do not install all the needed files which can cause wierd glitches and crashes. If you are running Windows Vista and/or above (7, 8 ) then you can try running the launcher with administrator privileges.

Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.

Julius Charles Hare

How to install "The Sims 3" correctly: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
How to Patch The Sims 3 manually: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch
The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
All ®️ Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org , and http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/
Dracos66
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 & 3
Male Posts : 573

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum