Ugh! My game is messed up and keeps minimizing itself! [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ugh! My game is messed up and keeps minimizing itself! [SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 00:53

What I've been saying though, is that it's either the 1.63 manual patch or there's a game that is corrupt... or something, to make my game crash each time I go to play. 

I'm going to do what you said though, but, I want to do this one expansion at a time. Do you advise me to do the #crack and/or manual update after each instillation of an expansion pack? ..If that made any sense. Basically what I'm planning on doing is installing an expansion and then trying to boot it up like normal to see if I have any CtD issues again.

Edit: No change at all. I installed Ambitions, cracked the /game/bin (from the Ultimate Fix) of the base game (via Origin) and it now crashes to the desktop.  I didn't do the manual patch because my game is already updated... Going to uninstall Ambitions now. Wat.

Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 01:06

@Sephymuffins wrote:What I've been saying though, is that it's either the 1.63 manual patch or there's a game that is corrupt... or something, to make my game crash each time I go to play. 

I'm going to do what you said though, but, I want to do this one expansion at a time. Do you advise me to do the #crack and/or manual update after each instillation of an expansion pack? ..If that made any sense. Basically what I'm planning on doing is installing an expansion and then trying to boot it up like normal to see if I have any CtD issues again.
As of now, I haven't seen other people with problems about the current Ultimate fix. OK, for now use the manual patch and then the Ultimate fix (you only need the #crack folder in there).

I should have said it earlier though Embarassed, but a possible "risk factor" in the install process is your "The Sims 3" folder, in My Documents/Electronic Arts. Please rename the folder before you continue installing other expansions (rename it into anything you like). AFTER installing everything you want, rename it back to normal again.

Again, if your base game is from Origin, you need to put the Ultimate fix #crack into the location I mentioned in my last post.

But I guess I will also have to do some research on this, but let's see. Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 02:06

Carlos G. wrote:
@Sephymuffins wrote:What I've been saying though, is that it's either the 1.63 manual patch or there's a game that is corrupt... or something, to make my game crash each time I go to play. 

As of now, I haven't seen other people with problems about the current Ultimate fix. OK, for now use the manual patch and then the Ultimate fix (you only need the #crack folder in there).

I should have said it earlier though Embarassed, but a possible "risk factor" in the install process is your "The Sims 3" folder, in My Documents/Electronic Arts. Please rename the folder before you continue installing other expansions (rename it into anything you like). AFTER installing everything you want, rename it back to normal again.

Again, if your base game is from Origin, you need to put the Ultimate fix #crack into the location I mentioned in my last post.

But I guess I will also have to do some research on this, but let's see. Wat. 

LOL, that's okay.

I'm actually reinstalling my base game as I type so that I can have my "un-cracked" files back. I sorta forgot to back those up, so when I cracked them, I lost them. Facepalm 

I'm going to see if I can run the game without the cracked files first. At that point if that doesn't work, I'm going to restart my PC and disable my firewall and antivirus. I'll also check on my Nvidia graphics drivers to see if maybe there's an update I somehow missed... 

Aside from that, I found this thread on the official forums about black screens and crashes. I believe the reason it exists is because of a little issue Island Paradise was giving people (back in the day, I had that problem too!), but it's worth a shot in reading through it and junk. 

I'm just in a really confusing place with all of this! I mean, if no one else is having an issue with the Ultimate Fix or the games, then why am I? At that point I have to wonder, is it really NOT my pc? Because my specs are all in order and I never had this black screen/minimizing issue with G4TW's games before. Gahh. I just wish I knew what was going on! And WHY does the legit copies I have work, but any expansion I put on it from G4TW, why do they stop working at that point? Again, in my head, I'm bouncing back and forth between it being an error on my part with my PC, to it being botched games or something from G4TW. Right now I'm really starting to question my setup/rig because if it was the games more people would be having the same issue, I'm assuming.

gfkgjkfgfdg.Facepalm
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 02:20

@Sephymuffins wrote:LOL, that's okay.

I'm actually reinstalling my base game as I type so that I can have my "un-cracked" files back. I sorta forgot to back those up, so when I cracked them, I lost them. Facepalm 

I'm going to see if I can run the game without the cracked files first. At that point if that doesn't work, I'm going to restart my PC and disable my firewall and antivirus. I'll also check on my Nvidia graphics drivers to see if maybe there's an update I somehow missed... 

Aside from that, I found this thread on the official forums about black screens and crashes. I believe the reason it exists is because of a little issue Island Paradise was giving people (back in the day, I had that problem too!), but it's worth a shot in reading through it and junk. 

I'm just in a really confusing place with all of this! I mean, if no one else is having an issue with the Ultimate Fix or the games, then why am I? At that point I have to wonder, is it really NOT my pc? Because my specs are all in order and I never had this black screen/minimizing issue with G4TW's games before. Gahh. I just wish I knew what was going on! And WHY does the legit copies I have work, but any expansion I put on it from G4TW, why do they stop working at that point? Again, in my head, I'm bouncing back and forth between it being an error on my part with my PC, to it being botched games or something from G4TW. Right now I'm really starting to question my setup/rig because if it was the games more people would be having the same issue, I'm assuming.

gfkgjkfgfdg.Facepalm
If you really believe the problem is the "Ultimate fix", then I suggest you re-apply the latest manual patch (that's the easiest way to get the "original" files back !) and then just use the "NRAAS_NoCD" mod. Don't use any cracks at all - just the mod. I'm currently myself using it with no problems.

So put the mod in the right place and double-click on the TS3W.exe in the base game location to start the game.

I doubt that the current Ultimate fix causes this, but that doesn't have to mean anything of course. So you might indeed try this "alternative method".
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 02:45

I just did a fresh install of the base game. I went to use the NoCD mod and I put it in my packages folder under my Mods folder, but it doesn't seem to want to work? When I use the launcher, it still says that I need to "insert the Back to the Future disk 1". 

Mad

Am I doing something wrong? Directly running the TS3W.exe just brings me up to Origin so i'm forced to run it via them.
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 02:52

@Sephymuffins wrote:I just did a fresh install of the base game. I went to use the NoCD mod and I put it in my packages folder under my Mods folder, but it doesn't seem to want to work? When I use the launcher, it still says that I need to "insert the Back to the Future disk 1". 

Mad

Am I doing something wrong? Directly running the TS3W.exe just brings me up to Origin so i'm forced to run it via them.
OK, that was a bad idea then. Crying or Very sad  If your base game is from Origin, then it doesn't seem to work...

And using the latest Ultimate fix instead still minimizes your game ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 03:44

Sad I've done everything humanly possible at this point. My goal being: try to fix my computer to potentially fix the game. I've updated my drivers, disabled my firewall and antivirus, clean uninstalled the base game and expansions over three times now, right-clicked to run just about everything with Administrator privileges, disabled my Spybot application, ran a registry clean twice with Auslogics and CCleaner, did the constant 'manual patch then apply crack to base game folder' method, tried to use the NoCD Mod... you name it.

I strongly believe now, that there is a conflict with the expansions and Ultimate Fix torrented on this site.  I don't think it's the manual patch doing it!  One of the things I found that my game did, was this:

I have the base game, a stuff pack and Late Night on my pc (all I have actually BOUGHT). Everything is fresh installed and the game updated itself to 1.63 via the launcher with no hiccups.
In the bottom list of games installed on the launcher, the little icons, I can clearly see all three of the games I have installed.  This is good and this is accurate.

I have not used the manual patch OR the Ultimate Fix at this point.  I go to install an expansion (G4TW) - for example, Back to the Future. When I go to pull up the launcher once that expansion is installed, I can see the tiny icon that is in the bottom list, telling me that Back to the Future is installed.  I hit the play button and it asks for the CD for Back to the Future.

I go and use the ultimate fix and drag, drop and overwrite (with admin privileges) the files in my basegame's /game/bin folder.  Just like it says in the instructions.  When I pull the launcher back up, the Back to the Future icon is missing and shaded out, as if it is NOT installed after all.  This is not correct!**

When I go to hit the play button, the games DOES load without giving me a disk error, however when the black screen pops up it sits there for over a minute then immediately minimizes (in other words, that's an indicator that the game once pulled back up, will crash somewhere between one of the two loading screens). 

** This is a reoccuring issue I've found when using the Fix with any/all expansions I install.  I could literally install every Stuff and Expansion pack... but once I use the Fix, when I pull up the Launcher, everything is for the most part shaded out like half of it isn't installed!

The only thing I could ask anyone to do, is back-up all of their games and saved games, uninstall their working game and then REINSTALL the games via Piratebay where they are located.  Just go about it like you've never had it on your pc.  I really doubt anyone will NOT have a problem...
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 03:54

What should I say ? Sad

You can, since you freshly installed all over again, maybe re-try the suggestions here (I know I posted it somewhere): http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

Especially the DEP thingy, and the "4 GB patch"; remember to apply this 4 gb patch to the TS3W.exe in your Origin games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin folder ! (that's where to put the Ultimate fix too, btw).

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I have reached a point, where I can't suggest anything more. I can try looking into it or do some research, but at this point I can't promise anything.

Crying or Very sad

//EDIT

I just re-tried it myself, and I don't have any problems at all, whether I use the Ultimate fix nor the NoCD-mod....
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 22:06

So I'm thinking about doing the extreme here lol. 

This is my last option, but, I'm planning on reformatting my hard drive. I find it odd that no other people, especially newbies to G4TW and the like, are having the same issue as me! My laptop as I stated earlier had gone in for repairs - funny enough, I had The Sims 3 on it before this and it worked - and now I suddenly cannot get it to work. Not a conspiracy theory thing here, I just find it really weird. 

Before I do this reformatting deal, I'm actually testing the game out on my boyfriend's PC first. His graphics card is barely a step down from mine, but he has a desktop not a laptop, and everything else on his pc is just about the same as my laptop - minus his liquid cooling lol. 
He also has windows 8!

If his computer is able to NOT CRASH the game every time I go to play, then it really is my laptop.

For the record Carlos Embarassed , I did go and try everything you recommended. From the DEP, to the 4gb patch download thing. I mean you name it. I've just come to the conclusion that something is very, very wrong with my PC. That, or it is the games, and we'll find out soon, via my BF's rig.  Here's hoping!

Edit: So.. as I sort of thought and as my boyfriend warned me, the game DID NOT WORK on his computer. I repeat: it did the SAME THING on a computer separate and aside from my own laptop.
I did everything I would normally do and everything you're instructed to do.

I installed the base game and I had to use the manual patch before installing island paradise because island paradise tried to update but failed.
I copied and pasted the #crack contents into the base game's /game/bin folder - everything went smoothly. 

The launcher was working, so I upsed that to actually boot the game.
IMMEDIATELY it minimized to his desktop. I re-opened it and during the loading screen for the neighborhood, it crashed.

So this is definite proof to me that it has nothing to do with anyone's pc (especially mine). This is an error either with the games, the manual patcher or the ultimate fix.
The only way you will get the problem I'm having, is if someone uninstalls their working game, redownloads the base game and an expansion from G4TW's piratebay, then install everything like normal. I can guarantee there will be an issue - probably the exact same one as me.
Carlos, the reason everything is working for you is because you're installing things ON TOP of your WORKING game. Whether it's your working basegame or your expansions. Start fresh, and that's when you'll have the problem.

I'm going to be notifying the Admins about this but until something is done, I'm tired of exhausting myself with trying to get this to work.
I have literally done everything humanly possible to get these games to work and this was confirmation that it really doesn't have anything to do with me or my laptop.

//EDIT

@Rosegold and everyone else:

I have been with the Admin for the past two hours while he helped me with my game.  We ended up finding out that the link that was provided for people to download the Ultimate Fix, was giving people an older version - the newer version can be found here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.  The Admin updated the link, so if redownloaded you will get the most recent Fix.

My game, after re-downloading and applying this NEW Fix, has stopped the crashing and I have all expansions installed with no problem at all!
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 03:19

Hello again,

I did what I possibly could, what was within the "range" of my possibilities. But in the end, your problem is solved, and only this counts.

Congratulations on your "Helper" promotion though, but please, you can use the "edit"-button on your post to modify your original post - instead of double-posting. Smile

I do feel a bit stumped, but yes, nevermind. Happy simming !

This topic is closed (thank god, lol).
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum