Updated Sims 3 to 1.63 now it wont load fully.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updated Sims 3 to 1.63 now it wont load fully.

Post by SassinPr0ph3cy on Tue 22 Oct 2013, 17:46

Hi, i updated Sims 3 to 1.63 now when i go to start my game i pick my game i want to load, it begins to load but seems towards the end of loading it stops the bar no longer moves. I cleared some cache file thinking it would help with loading but same thing happens. any ideas on how to fix or get it to load so i can play?
SassinPr0ph3cy
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassins creed series
Male Posts : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated Sims 3 to 1.63 now it wont load fully.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 22 Oct 2013, 18:09

Hello,

Try a clean folder. To do this, simply rename the "The Sims 3" folder in "Documents\Electronic Arts" and start a new game. If that works, move your saves folder to test your save game.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SassinPr0ph3cy on Tue 22 Oct 2013, 23:58

Renamed the old folder, then started sims, still isnt loading. its soooo close yet seems to stop i let it run for a hour still in the same spot guess my pc cant handle the new update.
SassinPr0ph3cy
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 00:04

@SassinPr0ph3cy wrote:Renamed the old folder, then started sims, still isnt loading. its soooo close yet seems to stop i let it run for a hour still in the same spot guess my pc cant handle the new update.
Hello,

You can still try to lower the graphics settings of your computer screen, maybe even disable "VSync" in your graphics card control panel.

Also: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and look for the Options.ini file. Open the file (with notepad). Look for the line fullscreen = 1. Change the line to fullscreen = 0 and save the file. Upon restarting the game, it should be in "windowed mode".

Let us know how it worked. Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SassinPr0ph3cy on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 00:17

yeah tried doing the no fullscreen option heard it helps but not in my case as for my graphics settings have no clue where to locate them.
SassinPr0ph3cy
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 00:47

@SassinPr0ph3cy wrote:yeah tried doing the no fullscreen option heard it helps but not in my case as for my graphics settings have no clue where to locate them.
You can try un-installing just the base game, and then re-installing it. After that, re-apply the latest manual patch (1.63), then the Ultimate fix.

About the graphics options, usually there is a "logo" of your graphics card, somewhere in the taskbar on the desktop. In that case, it's enough to double-click the logo. Otherwise, look in the "Program files" for a folder with the name of your card manufacturer. In many cases, there should be something called "control panel".

I'm not even sure if it can be a hardware issue, because your game seemed to work sometime before you installed the new patch - it's in my opinion a bit unlikely that the "system requirements" become so much bigger from one patch level to the next.

Otherwise, I'm not sure about this problem. Wat. 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SassinPr0ph3cy on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 14:50

I noticed theres a txt and a mdmp file in the sims folder named xcpt username and a date. im almost sure they weren't there but i could be mistaken. Not sure if they have anything to do with it or not....

//EDIT

sorry for double posting but just a quick update on my problem Seems my game some way or another got corrupt preventing it from loading so guess i got to start from scratch now.. thanks for the helpful info though Lady ElDi & Carlos.

Admin: Let's fix that for you. Very Happy

- ADMIN
SassinPr0ph3cy
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum