Mix of G4TW and Origin content. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mix of G4TW and Origin content. [SOLVED]

Post by Sims3gal1013 on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 20:46

First of all I really want to say thank you for everything you all do here. 

Second, I am getting a brand new computer tomorrow (it has dedicated graphics!) and obviously will have to reinstall everything. I thought I bought the first game on disc but apparently I can access it through Origin and download it along with most of the expansion and stuff packs I purchased through there. There are some, um, gaps in my collection though and I'd like to be able to add some of those EPs and SPs now that my computer will be able to handle it. 

Here's the order I'm looking at:
TS3 - Origin
WA - Origin
Ambitions - Origin
Late Night - Origin
OLS - Origin
Generations - Origin
TLS - G4TW
Pets - G4TW
Showtime (maybe) - G4TW
Supernatural - G4TW
Seasons - disc (though I may be able to get this through Origin too) 
University - Origin

So my question is, do I have to apply the crack and Ultimate Fix at any point? If so, when? 

Again, thanks for everything you do and your help the other times I've posted here.

Sims3gal1013
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mix of G4TW and Origin content. [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 20:59

Hello,

Thank you for your nice words!
Yes, don't worry, all our The Sims 3 downloads our non-modified, so you can mix up everything without causing any problems!

The instructions are still the same: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Just note step 4, where it says:
Admin wrote:(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )
That's the only "different" step. Read all the steps very carefully, DO NOT skip any and RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix, as described. (Keep in mind that if you plan on downloading the new The Sims 3: Into the Future expansion pack, you don't need to download the 1.63 manual patch - step 2 - separately, as Into the Future will automatically update your game to 1.63)

Good luck and please let us know if you need more assistance!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sims3gal1013 on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 21:34

Admin wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your nice words!
Yes, don't worry, all our The Sims 3 downloads our non-modified, so you can mix up everything without causing any problems!

The instructions are still the same: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Just note step 4, where it says:
Admin wrote:(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )
That's the only "different" step. Read all the steps very carefully, DO NOT skip any and RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix, as described. (Keep in mind that if you plan on downloading the new The Sims 3: Into the Future expansion pack, you don't need to download the 1.63 manual patch - step 2 - separately, as Into the Future will automatically update your game to 1.63)

Good luck and please let us know if you need more assistance!
Great! So should I apply it at the end still (after installing University from Origin) or after installing the last G4T4 EP (Supernatural)? 

Sorry if it's a stupid question. The only reason I'm confused is because I'm installing an Origin EP (University) AFTER a G4TW EP (Supernatural) and that's not really covered in the installation instructions.

Sims3gal1013
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 22:54

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, my keyboard wasn't working correctly.

You mean the manual patch and/or Into the Future? If so, no, it does not matter when you install it. If you install/update your game to the latest version from the beginning, all the other expansion packs won't ask you to update during their installation process, which should save you some time. But really, the order doesn't matter besides that.

Stupid questions don't exist here. ;)If you mean the instructions that come with the downloads: those have become obsolete and should be ignored. Follow the up-to-date instructions I linked you to. And it's not covered, because it doesn't matter. ^^

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by Sims3gal1013 on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 00:02

Yes, I did mean the instructions that come in the download, but I really should have read the link first, huh? You have really simplified it since I last downloaded an EP - cool! Thanks so much again.

Sims3gal1013
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 09:55

Hello,

It doesn't matter if you already did the instructions that came with the downloads. The manual patch will fix that all. Smile

Instructions have changed a lot over the years indeed! And you're welcome, is there anything else we can currently assist you with?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sims3gal1013 on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 20:05

No, I finally got and installed everything yesterday and it's perfect. Thank you!

Sims3gal1013
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 23:49

Hi there,

Glad to hear it's all installed fine now.
Enjoy the game to the fullest and let us know if you need assistance again!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum