The Sims 3 - A huge headache!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 - A huge headache!

Post by scarletrose on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 12:01

After returning to the sims after a 3 month break, I was pleasantly surprised that my game did not work at all.  With the game not working (I suspected it was most likely because of an update) I attempted to install the two new products (movie stuff & future).  The problem was that the updates were being put else where (on the C: drive and not the B: custom drive) which I was unable to fix, and no one answered to help me solve the issue.

So I decided to uninstall ALL sims 3 products (all 21 of them!) and do a complete reinstall fresh, no mods, no CC the whole lot brand new, with the new update.  It launcher updated to 1.63 fine (the most current update) after installing all the expansions and stuff packs (all 21 of them) I copied over the crack, following the LAST instruction guide (placing the crack in the sims 3 base game folder game/bin etc) the launcher worked, and ran the most current update.  

Now, as soon as I hit the town screen I get this error: 


But I applied the crack provided?? 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!


Last edited by scarletrose on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:21; edited 1 time in total
avatar
scarletrose
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Skyrim, Diablo 3, DayZ, COD Black OPs, Sims 2, Mario Kart Wii
Female Posts : 139
Points : 2307
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Sydney, Australia.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 - A huge headache!

Post by cezra31 on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 12:13


_________________
Regards,
cezra31









Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
avatar
cezra31
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Left 4 Dead, NBA 2k, Warcraft III, Need For Speed, League of Legends
Male Posts : 500
Points : 2765
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 19
Location : I'm right here beside you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 - A huge headache!

Post by scarletrose on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 05:08

Still getting the above error, any suggestions??
avatar
scarletrose
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Skyrim, Diablo 3, DayZ, COD Black OPs, Sims 2, Mario Kart Wii
Female Posts : 139
Points : 2307
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Sydney, Australia.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 - A huge headache!

Post by charmedboy1689 on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 06:24

did you use the ultimate fix crack or the one from into the future crack?

charmedboy1689
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims1,2,3,harvest moon,zelda
Male Posts : 43
Points : 2165
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-03-07
Age : 28
Location : sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 - A huge headache!

Post by Sephymuffins on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 06:43

@scarletrose wrote:After returning to the sims after a 3 month break, I was pleasantly surprised that my game did not work at all.  With the game not working (I suspected it was most likely because of an update) I attempted to install the two new products (movie stuff & future).  The problem was that the updates were being put else where (on the C: drive and not the B: custom drive) which I was unable to fix, and no one answered to help me solve the issue.


Hello!


I'm sorry to hear you're having such difficulties!  I wasn't quite sure what you meant when you stated the "updates were being put elsewhere".  Do you mind improvising on this, just a bit? 


The only update you need to install for your games is located here (the 'manual patch').  The manual patch will update your game to 1.63.  If free, I urge you to please do steps 2 - 5, making sure to closely follow the instructions!


Please, let us know if you need more assistance!  Good luck!




Moderator edit: I changed your font color, because "grey" doesn't work so well on a black background. Wink

- Carlos
avatar
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582
Points : 2473
Reputation : 80
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 27
Location : East Coast.

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 - A huge headache!

Post by scarletrose on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:09

Okay, what I meant by that was, on the installation screen for the 1.63 update it said something along the lines of installing: C:xxxxx/xxxx/xxxx and I could see all the updated content installed on the C: drive, when I went to the C: drive I found an Electronic Arts folder, with just this patch installed in it, however the update never completely installed as the files were not there, so an error would always appear, preventing me from installing the update.

Now the problem with the above is that the 'Sims 3' game is installed on a 1TB HDD labeled B: drive, so the update was never getting to the correct files. And I was unable to find any advice on the issue.  I've already tried the manual patch, and it did the EXACT SAME THING.  Thats why I uninstalled all my exp and sp and reinstalled.  This problem no longer exists, as my game is patched at 1.63.

However, I still get the  'no disc in disk drive' error in the picture in the original post. 
And that's what I'm looking for advice on.

Thanks!
avatar
scarletrose
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Skyrim, Diablo 3, DayZ, COD Black OPs, Sims 2, Mario Kart Wii
Female Posts : 139
Points : 2307
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Sydney, Australia.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 - A huge headache!

Post by J.T. on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:22

@scarletrose wrote:Okay, what I meant by that was, on the installation screen for the 1.63 update it said something along the lines of installing: C:xxxxx/xxxx/xxxx and I could see all the updated content installed on the C: drive, when I went to the C: drive I found an Electronic Arts folder, with just this patch installed in it, however the update never completely installed as the files were not there, so an error would always appear, preventing me from installing the update.

Now the problem with the above is that the 'Sims 3' game is installed on a 1TB HDD labeled B: drive, so the update was never getting to the correct files. And I was unable to find any advice on the issue.  I've already tried the manual patch, and it did the EXACT SAME THING.  Thats why I uninstalled all my exp and sp and reinstalled.  This problem no longer exists, as my game is patched at 1.63.

However, I still get the  'no disc in disk drive' error in the picture in the original post. 
And that's what I'm looking for advice on.

Thanks!
Is the HDD drive you installed The Sims 3 on a external/removable drive? And I know it may sound dumb, but can you check the drive letter of that drive?

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5926
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 - A huge headache!

Post by scarletrose on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:43

No, it's not an external drive, but it is removable (though have to take out screws & bolts) And yes, the drive is called 'Mass Storage (B:)'.

However, that is no longer the problem, the problem is this 
http://i.imgur.com/JGUUQ7Y.png

Appearing when I hit the menu/town select screen.
avatar
scarletrose
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Skyrim, Diablo 3, DayZ, COD Black OPs, Sims 2, Mario Kart Wii
Female Posts : 139
Points : 2307
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Sydney, Australia.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 - A huge headache!

Post by J.T. on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 12:00

@scarletrose wrote:No, it's not an external drive, but it is removable (though have to take out screws & bolts) And yes, the drive is called 'Mass Storage (B:)'.

However, that is no longer the problem, the problem is this 
http://i.imgur.com/JGUUQ7Y.png

Appearing when I hit the menu/town select screen.
(1) Shut down your computer. Unplug your USB storage devices and your removable drive: USB Disks, flash, cams, CD/DVD, etc. Other USB devices like keyboards, mice and LAN adapters can stay plugged in.
Boot computer back up.

(2) Download drivecleanup.zip, unzip and save to your desktop. Move the 32 or 64 bit version of DriveCleanup.exe to C:\Windows\System32. Move the one that is compatible with your computer (Win32 is for 32 bit, while x64 is for 64 bit). Don't move both.

(3) Open a command prompt window as the administrator.
type drivecleanup.exe and hit enter.

If, instead, you get an error message like Command not recognized it means you didn't move Drivecleanup.exe to the right directory.

(4) Reboot. Just replug your devices for fresh clean device reinstallation!

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5926
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 - A huge headache!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum