Installation of EP unsuccessful

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation of EP unsuccessful

Post by yuukiechizen on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 07:19

Okay, so I have been cracking my brains all weekend to find a solution myself because I don't like disturbing others. But I have run out of ideas as to how to fix this. 
I have uninstalled and installed the game at least 10 times with no success. I have followed (tried to) the guides provided. I always get stuck on the EP installation. I could install the base game, no prob. But I can't play it, can't installed anything else either. My origin is updated to the latest. I can't even proceed on with the instructions (which I know work because I could play it a month ago). I thought i messed up one of the steps so I even watched the video and followed it step by step for the base game installation. After each uninstallation, I tried to flush out the remains before re installation. 
When I first discovered a problem, I was trying to install into the future EP. It kept telling me I need an installed copy of the base game. So I gave up on the installation and reverted to just the base game with supernatural. Then it stopped loading my saved game. I could proceed all the way till I select the saved game. It just would not load. I deleted all mods and started again. Nothing. same problem. So I scrapped everything and started installation all over again. 
It told me to reenter and reverify the registration code. I used the manual update, the ultimate fix, nothing. So I reinstalled (again). It gave the error server initialization failed. I reinstalled everything again. By then, I have already given up trying to install any EP and just want the base game to work. It didn't. I keep trying and failing. Please help! I can't get past the 1st step of must read.

yuukiechizen
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installation of EP unsuccessful

Post by Sephymuffins on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 08:23

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues.  Your install steps and what the errors are in exacts, however, is a little vague!  You're having issues installing the base game and EPs, or you're having an issue getting into the game once you've applied the manual patch and ultimate fix?

Please make sure you are following the steps 100%, here.  Please do not skip any steps!  If you do, you will have a ton of errors and just one big headache.  Regardless of your game being updated via Origin (this only is the case if you have a bought copy of one of the Sims games), please use the manual patch, regardless, then apply the Ultimate Fix.  You're ONLY applying the contents of the #Crack folder to your base game's /game/bin directory. Smile

Please let us know your progress!  Feel free to ask any questions, especially if you continue to have issues.
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by yuukiechizen on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 08:59

For now, I have problems installing the base game. It keeps telling me to reverify and reenter my code. I've tried dozens of codes and after reading other forum posts, I reinstalled everything again. Thing is, I need at least one EP in order to use the crack right? I can't install the EP required, I get stuck at installshield wizard. I forged ahead without the EP and apply all the steps as stated. Nothing. I used a manual patch and copied only the crack folder contents. I downloaded the fix just 3 hours ago.

yuukiechizen
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 09:08

@yuukiechizen wrote:For now, I have problems installing the base game. It keeps telling me to reverify and reenter my code. I've tried dozens of codes and after reading other forum posts, I reinstalled everything again. Thing is, I need at least one EP in order to use the crack right? I can't install the EP required, I get stuck at installshield wizard. I forged ahead without the EP and apply all the steps as stated. Nothing. I used a manual patch and copied only the crack folder contents. I downloaded the fix just 3 hours ago.
What do you mean "you get stuck during the installation"?

If the bar showing you the progress in the installation shield doesn't move, please download CC Cleaner and attempt a registry check using registry cleaner. Afterwards, click "fix all the selected problems" and let it fix the problems. Restart your pc and install expansions again.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuukiechizen on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 09:26

Get stuck as in right after the 'preparing the installshield wizard which will guide...' bar is complete, it pops up with a error message 'install base game' which is installed but unplayable because I can't get rid of the reverify and reenter code error.

yuukiechizen
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 09:31

@yuukiechizen wrote:Get stuck as in right after the 'preparing the installshield wizard which will guide...' bar is complete, it pops up with a error message 'install base game' which is installed but unplayable because I can't get rid of the reverify and reenter code error.
May I ask where you have got the base game from?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuukiechizen on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 09:35

All my EPs and base games are from games4theworld. What frustrates me most is that it worked just fine for at least a year. I know it works but I don't know what made it not work.

yuukiechizen
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 09:39

I suggest you initiate a clean reinstallation to solve the problem.

Download and install Your Uninstaller Pro www.piratebay.sx/user/games4theworld.

Run the Uninstaller and uninstall all of the applications regarding The Sims 3 with Super Mode. Clear all registry keys and leftover files with Super Mode. Afterwards, restart your pc and attempt reinstallation.

Please keep us posted.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuukiechizen on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:40

The reinstallation worked! (to think i didn't want to install more software i wasn't going to use...) But the game stop working when I select the town I want to play in. (which was the error that resulted in me reinstalling everything.) I stayed on the game without alt+tab out. I've tried the window mode and DEP. Nothing worked. I have a laptop running 64 bit, i7 3rd gen core, windows 8, 8gb ram. Any solutions?

yuukiechizen
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:48

What do you mean by the game stops working?  If there are any errors or messages, please tell us.  Does it not load?  Does it freeze?

I do believe, even with it finally installing, that you should do a clean uninstall (then reinstall).  If DEP, Windowed mode and whatever else isn't working for you, you probably have a problem with the files on your PC - though I'm not guaranteeing this is the main culprit.  Without you doing a clean UNINSTALL the first time, those files never got fully erased.  Your registry still have data in it from your old installations, too, are never good.  I highly suggest you follow what cat2006house said earlier, THEN following the steps/advice we give you now! 

Needless to say, you did install one of the correct expansions to have the Ultimate Fix work, correct?  Also, did you just RECENTLY download your base game and expansions from our torrent on Piratebay?  Or are these old downloads you've had for a long time?  I don't believe they were updated, however, you really should redownload the games you want just to ensure you don't have defective games.
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum