Constant Issues downloading The Sims 3 Expansions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Constant Issues downloading The Sims 3 Expansions?

Post by Lierix on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 21:27

Ok, so i used to have this all working but i couldent get my game to update for island paradise and stupid move, i know
i uninstalled everything and am trying to reinstall it. So,  i havent installed world adventures yet, and when i 
open the launcher to get it updated after all the patches it says it cannot connect to the eadm
Which i do have the latest version of origin (im pretty sure is the new eadm) and i cant figure out how to 
get this to work help?

Last edited by Lierix on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 23:12; edited 1 time in total
Lierix
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constant Issues downloading The Sims 3 Expansions?

Post by Sephymuffins on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 21:39

Hello!

I'm sorry you're having issues.

The EA Download Manager is not necessary to update/download the games you may have.  You can install it, but there is no real use for it.  Please go here and follow these steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.  If you follow them just as they are written, you shouldn't have any issues or problems.  

If you are still having a lot of trouble after following these steps, we suggest you go a CLEAN uninstall of all of your games, reinstall them (following the steps above) then apply the manual patch and ultimate fix.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if the game gives you anymore problems!
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lierix on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 23:07

Well, i used the fix to patch to 1.63... I have successfully installed World Adventures, but when i try to install any others such as ambitions or high end loft stuff  the installer has a bunch of gibberish  and '?'s
i go through with it but after a few seconds a pop up comes up saying all this gibberish stuff agian and says the file name game directory or volume label syntax is incorrect (0x7b) And i cant do anything from there...
Lierix
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 00:08

The Ultimate Fix and Manual patch are two different things.  They are basically two tools made by the Admins here to ensure a smooth functioning, error-free game.  If you don't use both, you're guaranteed to have problems.

Did you download your expansions (i.e., Ambitions) from here?
If so, please attempt to redownload.  The games, when installing, shouldn't be giving you weird gibberish rather than words and there shouldn't be any weird game directory errors.
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lierix on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 00:23

Yes i got my expansions from that link, and everytime i try to download it , it does the same thing. i have re downloaded the sims 3 and some expansions multiple times and get the same or new errors...
Lierix
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 00:26

Are you able to take screenshots of the errors? 

Have you tried right-clicking on the 'setup.exe's and running them as Administrator?
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lierix on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 00:55

Running as administrator diddnt work. And i cant seem to get my pictures to attach ._. So i just made a quick video.

Lierix
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 01:48

Does clicking the 'autorun.exe' file product the same result?
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by clovrboy1 on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 02:32

I was having problems also what I did was a clean install then install everything, however do not install the cracks until you come up to the 70's, 80's, 90's..........then start installing the cracks, also if you are having problems with updates, look in the folder for the support then select update and then update your game, I was finally able to get my sims connected.........however for some reason when I installed into the future I get the error message you have an unofficial mod but it was working.

clovrboy1
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 04:34

clovrboy1 wrote:I was having problems also what I did was a clean install then install everything, however do not install the cracks until you come up to the 70's, 80's, 90's..........then start installing the cracks, also if you are having problems with updates, look in the folder for the support then select update and then update your game, I was finally able to get my sims connected.........however for some reason when I installed into the future I get the error message you have an unofficial mod but it was working.
For the record, you want to apply the #crack from the Ultimate Fix AFTER you install all of the games you want.  You are NOT supposed to use the crack that is found with each expansion pack.  An example: Click please.

Those folders are found in every expansion and are obsolete.  If you use them, you'll probably get an endless stream of problems. 
Please use ONLY the #Crack folder found within the Ultimate Fix .rar file!
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lierix on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 21:12

Ok well when i hit the autorun.exe nothing happens it just dosent open even when ran with administrator...
Lierix
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 21:24

My suggestion then would be to re-download the games you want and try again.  If they still do not work or will not run, chances are it's your PC and unfortunately that's out of my jurisdiction.
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lierix on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 21:28

Well i havent even been able to install 1 ep do you think my anti virus could be blocking it possibly?..
I just tested to see if all the eps did that and they dont its only a few of the expansions i think its the first few... 
id have to check to see which ones do that which ill test right now.

The Sims Plumbob 1 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Sims Plumbob 1 

Ok so the only eps that do this is  Ambitions , Late night, and high end loft stuff. 
Everything else seems to work normally. But just thoose do what the video i posted
shows.

Last edited by Lierix on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 21:56; edited 1 time in total
Lierix
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 21:49

I have every expansion on my laptop in .rar format still, straight from Piratebay (G4TW's games) and I can assure you I've never had such a problem!

I actually would suggest temporarily disabling any programs (including antivirus) to see if that may be the problem!
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lierix on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 21:53

Haha ill try that, idk why but i always seem to have so many troubles, and this is a fairly new computer im using... But ill try to disable anti-virus, and if that dosent work ill have to go without those few ep's .
Atleast there just ambitions Razz The only thing that sucks is that i wont have vampires from late night WhatDidUJustCallMe? Anyway ill try disabling my antivirus.

The Sims Plumbob 1 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Sims Plumbob 1 

Well, disabling my Anti-Virus dosent seem to work. But i can do w/o thoose few ep's. If i figure out how to fix it ill
be sure to let you know ^_^
Lierix
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 22:06

I'm sorry I couldn't be much of a help in this case. Sad 

You'd be surprised how often programs, malware, even viruses on your computer can mess up simple things - even simple installations.  Because as I said, the games work on my end and no one else that I know of has had an issue with the game installation popping up with gibberish and symbols!  I strongly suggest you download CCleaner (http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8620934/CCleaner_Professional___Business_Edition_4.03.4151_Final_ML_-_Sc) and even Spybot to ensure your computer is running as best it can, not to mention, spyware and virus free. 

Perhaps another helper, moderator or Admin can shine some light on this issue for you but as for me, I unfortunately am out of solutions off the top of my head. I hope that you are able to eventually install the expansions you want! Smile
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum