Problems with installations; Base game/university life working, after store content it no longer works.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with installations; Base game/university life working, after store content it no longer works.

Post by _valhalla_ on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 21:56

Hello,

So im basically new to this whole process but i installed the base game from the torrent you offer, and I also acquired univerity Life and Supernatural. I originally had issues with them so i restarted the process after uninstall/deletion. After re-installation i got it to work. After that  i successfully downloaded and added riverview, but also decided to grab some additional Store Content. The first pack of store content downloaded fine, but the other few i attempted after said they needed an update. After downloading your update for 1.63, and installing it the game begins to start, but after a few minutes it gives an error, saying  it has encountered a problem and will close windows will notify me if it finds a solution). 

-I used the ultimate fix ts3 and tsw file for my currently expansion.
-i followed the guide for the mod folder, etc, (as riverview successfully worked and loaded playably).
-i fixed the no disk error in university life by re-applying the files from the #crack file that came in its specific .rar, to the appropriate bin folder.
- i just need some guidance on in what pattern should i be installing this?
(i have windows 7)
 i chose the route of: Base game, UV life (working and fine), then riverview (worked), then store content(which required updating), and the update to 1.63 (and now it wont load, and yes i uninstalled the mods for store content and deleted them, but still no loading).

please help >_<

_valhalla_
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with installations; Base game/university life working, after store content it no longer works.

Post by charmedboy1689 on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 07:07

you need a decapitation software to hack the store content. that error is caused by trying install on cracked games.

charmedboy1689
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims1,2,3,harvest moon,zelda
Male Posts : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with installations; Base game/university life working, after store content it no longer works.

Post by _valhalla_ on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 07:29

i got the store content from the games4theworld.com site, so i assume it is cracked.

_valhalla_
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 10:24

The cracks in the torrents of any expansion packs (except Into The Future and Movie Stuff) are outdated.

In order to fix this, you need to follow steps 2-4 of this guide: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And may I ask where you have got the store content from? Can you give me the name of the website (not the link)?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by _valhalla_ on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 21:26

i got its from the games4theworld.org site.

_valhalla_
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Wed 30 Oct 2013, 04:33

@_valhalla_ wrote:i got its from the games4theworld.org site.
Now delete all these in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

Create-a-Sim Cache: CasPartCache.package
Build/Buy mode cache: compositorCache.package
Mod or custom content cache: scriptCache.package
New Sims and skin cache: simCompositorCache.package
SocialCache.package (SimPort related, social online features? I am not sure)
Look for a folder that says Thumbnails. Delete anything inside of it.
Look for WorldCaches and delete anything inside of it.
Downloadedsims.index in SavedSims.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum